Sign in to follow this  
Valleyfair-Freak

Overdue Trip Report - August 1st 2008

Well, I went to Kings Island in very early August, and I had a fabulous experience. I loved the park, the atmosphere, the rides, everything. I did happen to ride all the coasters (excluding Bill's teenage unfriendly coaster), and hit up a few other rides as well.

When we first got there, (which was around 4:30) we hit up Invertigo which was really insanely fun! I love how unique it is. Then we went to Drop Zone, rode that, that was good fun. A bit overhyped, but still it was fun. After DZ I hit up Son of Beast. A bit nervous after hearing mixed reviews, I hopped in the far back seat, and had the worst ride of my life. It was absolutely horrendous from start to finish. They could've rebuilt the framework for all the houses that got hit after hurricane katrina with all that wood. What a waste. <_< Anywho, after that terrible experience, I headed over to Top. . . err Flight Deck. What a great coaster! I pictured the coaster as well as the landscape itself to be a lot different, so it was a nice surprise to see how secluded it was. The station is less than magnificent though. Flight Deck is my 2nd favorite Arrow Suspended Swinging Coaster now.

After FD, I headed over to Adventure Express which was very. . . odd. The theming is really random, but oh well. Twas fun. After Adventure Express, I went on both of the Racers which were fairly rough, but oh well, got the credits. :rolleyes: Then I think I went to Italian Job err... Damn all those name changes :P I honestly can't remember the name, but I rode it, good fun, not worth reriding really but still, it was decent. Then I went to the Crypt, but that had a really long line, so I skipped it and went to the Beast. What a great coaster! Awesome layout, but I can tell it's aging & getting more rough. Post-second lift hill was horrible. Other than that, great stuff. After that, I went to Vortex, that was alright. There was one "Son of a b***c moment on it (can't remember what part of the ride) but it was fun.

After Vortex, I went to Firehawk, it broke down in line, so everyone left but me, waited 15 minutes, opened again, got front row. It was great! Sorta felt unsafe with the restraints though to be honest. . . After Firehawesome, I went to FOF that was ace. Loved the launch effects. After that, I ran over to Nick Universe to hit up the 2 kiddie coasters, got on RRR no problem, except I hit the back of the next car with my feet :D , and then I got to Fairly Odd Coaster right as it was closing, but the awesome employee lady let me go in so I was the last person of the night. Great stuff! I love junior wooden coasters.

Second day, went to BB, Fantastic waterpark! Loved every inch of it. Stayed on the flowrider for about 6 hours, and I must say, all the local flowride pro's are so insanely cool & nice, big props to all of you guys! You're awesome!

I had a great experience at KI and I most definitely return once:

A.) Diamondback Opens

B.) Son of Beast becomes Ohio's biggest bonfire.

That's all ;)

~Valleyfair-Freak

Give Son of Beast one more chance in the front row, I find it hard to believe some peoples perception of "Roughness" and how much they differ than my view. oh and Adventure Express isn't odd :P

blue train front car= best ride on sob

My Personal Favorite To. It Makes The Ride Better Because The Vision.

^ But I agree on not riding the first train on most rides except:

1.FOF

2.Top Thrill Dragster

3.Mellenium Force

maybe a few more

I'm getting really tired of people saying "Burn SOB Down!" If your a real coaster enthusiast, you wouldn't want to see any coaster be burned down! You don't hear me saying, "Burn down Beast!" Even though I don't care for it. :beatit:

Yeah, I don't know why, but I just wanted to put that smiley thing there.

I know last May I went to Kings Island with my family. I haven't been there for years! It was great to see how nice the park looks! I really was a blast for me to take my family there! They have never been there before! I really like how the Firehawk looks! The colors are cool! I miss it up here as the X-Flight, but I am glad it is being enjoyed by many and it isn't in a scrap yard! I love the way the entrance has stayed pretty much the same! The Flight Deck was awsome! The Beast was cool too! I am looking forwars to make a trip down there this year to ride the Diamondback! It looks like the ride is going to be a blast!

*sigh* Just to end this once and for all:

1. SoB gives the smoothest ride in the front row. Whether or not it's a pleasant ride up there depends on your pain tolerance. I, personally, find it acceptable up there; I find it easier on the back than the intense positive vertical g's you get going through Invertigo's inversions. If I'm stuck at KI with someone who's annoying the living crap out of me and wants to ride SoB, I have them ride the back seat, which I believe is prone to dislocating or shattering bones.

2. The front car is where it's at on Flight Deck. Plain and simple, though uncharacteristic of roller coasters. You get a lot more swinging out of it, especially while you're going into the break run.

3. Adventure Express is awesome in any seat. Plain and simple. :P

Back to the topic at hand... nice trip report, Valleyfair-freak. I'm a little sad that you had to skip on The Crypt, but it happens. I probably wouldn't have waited as long as I'm picturing the line probably was for you, but still, it's a fun ride nonetheless. But I'll beat ya to pieces if you bash my Beast's helix again. :angry: ;)

And, for the record, it's Backlot Stunt Coaster now instead of Italian Job: Stunt Track. :)

i guess everyone's perception of each ride is different. i had mixed feelings about SOB when i first rode it but now i love it..even if it is a hurricane of a ride but i guess i cant help but like it. i think i enjoyed my last ride even more because my best friend was there and she had never ridden it before and heck even she enjoyed it so idk. its not everyone's ride, but i would really hate to see it go as i hate to see any ride or coaster go. in itself, its really a work of art in the visual sense too!

and yes you must definitely come back for Diamondback. everyone is hyped about it as everyone should be. it WILL be an incredible ride. Behemoth is at the very top of my list of coasters. i could have ridden that coaster alllllllll day long. Diamondback is sure to deliver and im ready to experience the feelings i had on Behemoth again except in my home park on Diamondback :) plus...outside of the fact that this ride will be incredible...im glad the park is finally getting a coaster with a high capacity turn out. like when you wait for Vortex you know that no matter how long the line, you wont be there for too long since its a real people eater. Diamondback will thankfully be the same ( except we all know this coaster will probably experience normal new coaster downtime ) but when i was at CW waiting for Behemoth the line looked long but we didnt wait that long to ride it the two times that we did because it has three trains and takes 32 people per train so thats definitely a plus. then again, that day we went wasnt too crowded since it looked like it was going to rain..but the crowds did pick up a bit later on when the sun came out.

anyways yes..this was a nice trip report belated or not. i like to hear people's trips to the park, and especially when they have a good time :)