Sign in to follow this  
kikid1

Sounds at KI

What are your favorite sounds at Kings Island?

Mine is Drop Tower dropping :P

Flight of Fear launching :lol:

Son of Beast going up the chain-lift hill :rolleyes:

Beast all the way through :D

people screaming :lol:

^All good choices!

Some that I also like:

The whirring/rubbing noise as Viking Fury rolls on the rubber tires.

The Jeff Siebert "Son Of Beast" spiel.

The National Anthem kicking off the morning...it's corney but I still like it.

The "Come On Give It A Whack" line on the Coney Island game.

The Spongebob Squarepants theme outside the 3-D Theater

The sound of the fountains on a quiet evening while heading out of the park.

And one sound I will NEVER miss...Danger Zone being played over and over and over and over...

Every time I hear John William's theme to Superman I am always taken back to walking down International Street and the sound of the water, and the smell of LaRosa's Pizza combined with the smell of pastries, chlorine from the fountains, and sunscreen, and the feeling of excitement that comes from the combination of those smells, the warmth of the sun, the cloudless day, and the eagerness to spend a day at the park.

I will say it. I really, really miss the "Paramount gate music" on International Street. How ironic it is that I can get a dose of it at Great Adventure, of all places, in Movie Town (again, of all places!).

I must second this. The gate music typically put forth a since of wonder and excitement. I would like to see that come back sometime...

Universal's Islands of Adventure features a complete soundtrack with music fitting perfectly with each of its six areas. The entry music, for Port of Entry, fits the mood perfectly and quickly places you in that "happier" mood. I wish Kings Island could choose music more fitting for the areas and entrance.

cool topic!

Mine are:

-Invertigo's cable lift..idk why but i like the whirring sound it makes when taking up/bringing back down the train

-the sound of Drop Tower dropping...gotta love that!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!! haha

-Son of Beast's enormously loud chain lift that can be heard all over AZ

-Congo Falls lift motor...its so aggressive sounding

-The sound of Vortex's chain clanking against the bull gear while waiting in line

-Flight Deck's lift motor...idk why i like the humming sound it makes when taking a train up the lift

-the sounds of the many motors on the Monster working together..such an angry sounding contraption!

-Flight of Fear's launch!!!

-The sound of Firehawk's chain lift. its unique. its loud but it just sounds different from other lifts

-The humming/almost whistling sound Delirium makes when it operates

ahh what can i say, i just love the atmosphere of Kings Island! its just so full of life!!!

Those are all great sounds. From the whirr of Flight Decks motor starting up the lift to FOF's launch, and back to the roar that The Beast has in the tunnels. I guess my favorites would be the unmistakable "crash" that SOB makes when the train hits the lift chain and "Welcome to The Beast . . ." going up the lift. To pick a favorite would be too hard. I'll just be glad when the time comes to hear them all again!

Gotta say, I love standing in the bat room for the Crypt and now, without a pre-show video, you can hear the delicious sounds of the Top Spin screaming as it falls. Not the people, of course, but that air-wooshing, motors-turning noise. Love it!

My favorite sounds at kings island are...

*When you are in the parking lot early in the morning walking toward the park, and you can hear the rides testing, with no people on them specifically Invertigo.

*When you are walking to the entrance and you can hear distant screams and rides.

*Drop Zone dropping

*Flight Deck's lift hill

*The fountains on I Street, and music floating through the air.

*The load roar of the train you hear as you enter the first tunnel on The Beast!

•Buzz bars on Beast

•KI&MVRR Whistling

•Firehawk's anti roll back system

•SOB's anti roll back system

•When your in SOB's station and you see/hear SOB going down the main drop!

•Flight Deck's motor

•FoF Launching!

•Walking into X-Base and hearing Racer hit the brakes!

•Royal Fountains splashing

•Drop Tower going up, stopping, releasing, dropping, hitting brakes, and the wind afterward!

•Invertigo's lifts

•Congo Falls making it's splash!

•Delirium making all of it's amazing noises!

•The screams on Slingshot!

•The music in Outer Hanks heard from Oktoberfest Lake mixed with the screams on Viking Fury!

•While exiting Beast; hearing Vortex going down the main drop!

•Backlot's flames, helicopters, and splash!

•Diamondback's roar as it flys over Crypt and the midway! ;)

•When on walking behind Crypt on FFO, hearing the strange (but amazing!) noise it makes!

•The sound of the wave pool, water slides, and all other things at Boomerang Bay!

•Hearing Indiana Jones theme song in AE's station.

•When in Firehawk's queue, hearing FoF launch and sound like thunder!

•Beast flying through it's mini tunnels!

•The water canons on WWC

•Hearing Vortex go through it's batwing and main turnaround from the midway that connects Coney Mall and Rivertown.

•All the people talking in queues.

And way more, but I already wasted about a minute of your life showing all of these!

•Buzz bars on Beast

•Congo Falls making it's splash!

•The music in Outer Hanks

•Hearing Indiana Jones theme song in AE's station.

•The water canons on WWC

Some very good ones that I hadn't remembered!

I love the crash sound SoB makes at the bottom of the lift of well. However, I'd also have to say that the sound of The Racer over top of you as you walk under it to go to FOF and Firehawk has appeal as well. I also love the midcourse brake sound on Vortex.

im looking forward to hearing the sound inside Diamondback's station!!!! i loved the rhythmic sound Behemoth made when it was dispatched to the chain lift...you'll see what i mean when you wait to ride DB. its almost like it needs music to go along with its own little "beat" haha. :lol: