SOBFOF

Flight Deck goes Gone in 2010??

Making the trains floorless may be harder than it sounds. Mainly because the seat that you sit on during the ride is connected to the floor. You could probably easily cut out the floor without harming the seat itself, but I wonder what that will do to the structural integrity of the trains.

In response to those wanting S&S's first suspended coaster. The last time Kings Island got the first suspended coaster of some company things didn't turn out so well ;) I understand that technology since then has come a long way, but still. Unless it is a big company like Intamin or B&M.

Ryan

Vekoma offers a floorless train for the suspended swinging coaster(as they call it) & sold one set to Chessington back in 02 for use on their Bat coaster so yes it's possible to engineer it.

The trains are designed much like their SLC models with the seats suspended from either side of the central column connecting the car to the wheel mounts.

I didn't say that it was impossible to engineer. I just said that I was unsure how it would work out.

From what others are saying it sounds like those floorless trains don't swing as much as the floored counterparts. I would rather have a better sensation and higher g's with the swings than no floor IMO

Ryan

How about putting a loop on Flight deck and calling it Son of a gun(that was a joke).

Flight deck does not need to be removed its fine,yes it would be nice if it got painted.

The only real malfunctions for this ride is the brakes at the end.

In probably four to five i don't see this ride still being there.

I see a inverted coaster

How about putting a loop on Flight deck and calling it Son of a gun(that was a joke).

Flight deck does not need to be removed its fine,yes it would be nice if it got painted.

The only real malfunctions for this ride is the brakes at the end.

In probably four to five i don't see this ride still being there.

I see a inverted coaster

Yes, Son of a gun would be a creative, funny, and awesome name for the ride.

From what others are saying it sounds like those floorless trains don't swing as much as the floored counterparts. I would rather have a better sensation and higher g's with the swings than no floor IMO

Ryan

FOR SURE. The swinging g's are what make the front seat amazing on Flight Deck. If they took out my lat-g's on Flight Deck, I might cry. If the floorless effect is traded for the swinging, then I take back my stance on the new cars- stick with Arrow's.

That, sir, would be EPIC. LOL! :lol:

My theory is that they seem to be running it into the ground, and the lack of new paint kind of attests to that. Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a great ride, but with the lack of care on the track, I have my worries.

Also, IF it does get new paint and/or trains, CF might want to invest some time in giving it a better name.

Edited by silver2005

If I remember right Don Helbig said that the park was trying to work something out with the company that painted the ride last. I belive the park belives it was a poor paint job, and the warranty is not up yet on it.

All I'm sayin is, why does Carowinds' get to be named "Afterburn"? NOT FAIR. I understand that neither name is genius. But please... Flight Deck. Let's stop beating around the bush and just call it cockpit, why don't we? My point is, Afterburn is at LEAST a little better. (Then again, what could be worse?) Honestly, they HAD to have been joking. Are you telling me that a group of ride designers came together and honest to God, FLIGHT DECK is the best they could come up with?

Not that I like this much better, but if they just stuck to what they knew best and named every ride the same name as rides at other Cedar Fair parks, I even could've done with Silver Bullet. Or something that is themed well to Action Zone like STUNT FLIGHT.

At this point, I think our best bet is campaigning for "Afterburn." If one of the old Top Guns got it, they already have the sign mold and they can use the recorded safety speil from it and there you go. Perfect.

I just tend to think it's not quite THAT easy. ^^ haha! It would be interesting though! However, I really wouldn't hold your breath? Two flying coasters, one being an old Arrow suspended?! Hmm... :D It WOULD be cool though.

im pretty sure hoping for a name change is false hope... even though it would be cool, changing names of rides has already caused many crazy rumors and confused guests... if they dont have to, i highly doubt they will.