SOBFOF

Flight Deck goes Gone in 2010??

Our flume is older than the park itself, it'd be sad to see it go. While some may not like the new theme it received in 2001, I find it to have given the attraction new life and boost popularity.

^I think you mean WTRA ;)

Yeah, of the park's three main water rides on the dry side (Congo Falls, Wild Thornberry's River Adventure, and White Water Canyon) I prefer White Water Canyon. Very fun and in a great location. I would not mind, however, seeing a hill added in there, if properly themed and done.

^I think you mean WTRA ;)

Yeah, of the park's three main water rides on the dry side (Congo Falls, Wild Thornberry's River Adventure, and White Water Canyon) I prefer White Water Canyon. Very fun and in a great location. I would not mind, however, seeing a hill added in there, if properly themed and done.

I agree with White Water Canyon being the best, but only on those extremely hot days. Any other day you get off there way to soaked and are uncomfortable until you dry. My opinion during late septemeber till closing, WTRA is the best because that annoying elephant is turned off and you get a nice, relaxing ride through the trees. Sounds dumb but it really is enjoyable.

Why tear out Flight Deck when it has a low height restriction. Kids love that coaster. Not only that, it has a decent first drop.

I think they would consider making it floorless before the tear it out.

I agree with White Water Canyon being the best, but only on those extremely hot days. Any other day you get off there way to soaked and are uncomfortable until you dry. My opinion during late septemeber till closing, WTRA is the best because that annoying elephant is turned off and you get a nice, relaxing ride through the trees. Sounds dumb but it really is enjoyable.

No, I agree with you completely- WTRA offers an enjoyable ride that doesn't drench you and leave you soaked the rest of the day. I wouldn't mind seeing those "human dryers" that were at the IAAPA trade show recently, however, as seen here.

Why tear out Flight Deck when it has a low height restriction. Kids love that coaster. Not only that, it has a decent first drop.

I think they would consider making it floorless before the tear it out.

I too love the drop, but you can't deny it usually doesn't meet expectations for first-time guests in the area of time it takes. The lift is as long as the rest of the ride...

I agree with making the trains floorless though.

Making the trains floorless may be harder than it sounds. Mainly because the seat that you sit on during the ride is connected to the floor. You could probably easily cut out the floor without harming the seat itself, but I wonder what that will do to the structural integrity of the trains.

In response to those wanting S&S's first suspended coaster. The last time Kings Island got the first suspended coaster of some company things didn't turn out so well ;) I understand that technology since then has come a long way, but still. Unless it is a big company like Intamin or B&M.

Ryan

Again...another rumor. lol! I would hate to see it go cause it has a lot of history to it and stuff, but still the ride just isn't that popular anymore and has a low person per hour turnout daily probably. Still, I like it and it is suspended and it is one of the few Arrow suspended coasters left standing and running still. So, removal of Top Gun, i mean Flight Deck would be really big!

The lift is as long as the rest of the ride...

perhaps longer...

I'm discussing time here, not length. I have a strong belief you spend more time climbing up, and stopping, on that lift-hill than you do twisting around turns and speeding down drops.

Making the trains floorless may be harder than it sounds. Mainly because the seat that you sit on during the ride is connected to the floor. You could probably easily cut out the floor without harming the seat itself, but I wonder what that will do to the structural integrity of the trains.

New trains are a possibility, if the park ever considers such a thing.

As many people may know, Six Flags has been rennovating attractions instead of adding new ones recently. Examples include Six Flags Magic Mountain's "X", Six Flags Great Adventure's "Medusa", and Six Flags New England's "Superman Ride of Steel". This obviously is much cheaper than installing newer roller coasters or large thrill rides. I don't believe it's too unlikely that similar transformations may take place in the near future at Kings Island with the economy as it currently is.

I don`t think that the reason Six Flags is renovating those rides is strictly related to the economy. Rather, they likely want to attract new guests to their parks to see the renovated attractions without spending millions on new coasters and rides. Keep in mind that Six Flags is in some very serious financial standing, regardless of the recent turn in the economy. Not to mention that Six Flags stock has been trading below a $1 for months now. The company is not on strong financial footing, and it might only be a matter of time before something eventually gives with them and a reorganization takes place.

If the trains were renovated properly, they can work nicely as floorless.

Flight Deck floorless will be awesome over on the helix next to the SOB structure. It would bring new life to the coaster. A paint job wouldn't hurt at the same time.

I like the floorless train idea would bring alot of hype to the ride and revive it alittle bit, even though i love it and thinks its a cool ride but some paint would be nice. But I don't think they will lengthen the track that would be alot of money your talking about construction crew, contractors, enginers (sp), build costs, transport costs, materials ect. Not to mention shutting down the ride redeign it and test the new track sections I don't think KI or Ceadar fair would want to do that. But its good to dream, I want the loop back in SOB.

i would hope CF would remove Iron Snail..I mean Dragon...before they would remove Flight Deck. Not that i'd want to see any Arrow suspended removed...but just saying.

Well I think it would depend on why they would remove it. I mean, if they were looking into a 2012 B&M invert, they wouldn't say "Oh no, we can't place it where Flight Deck is- Iron Dragon has to be removed before FD can." If the replacement is appropiate for the location and the removed attraction has a right to be removed, I don't think the fate of similar coasters in CF parks matters.

But, like someone else said, it is a pretty reliable coaster.

Yes it is old and short, but can give an outstanding ride if you are in the right area of the train. The front car has a really high swing coming into the brake run!

Rides aren't only removed when they're not "reliable".

Yeah it could be maintenance, low rider ship, or maybe they just feel like removing a coaster for no reason... *cough*all of Geauga Lake*cough*

^I agree, if CF removes any suspended coaster, it should be Draggin' Iron before anything else.

Wrong.

For a couple reasons. Don't take this personally as you were not the only one to suggest this obviously.

Cedar Point has been either in the lead or tied for the lead for most rollercoasters in a single park. Why would they take away this possibility? To be honest I really don't see what else you can do with that area of the park either unless you make it into a picnic area or something. Iron Dragon fits nicely in that area and really does not take away from any other rides by being there. Is it boring for us thrill seekers? Yes! But is it a nice ride to introduce your kids to 'grown up' coasters? YES!

I guess my argument is it serves four purposes:

1) Fills an area of the park that would most likely not be used otherwise

2) Keeps Cedar Point on the top of the list for most coasters in the park

3) Introduces younger kids to the bigger style of coasters

4) Gives the riders a run by of TTD's line so you can see if it is worth the walk over there to get in line

Ryan