Halloweenfreak

halloween haunt ideas of 2009!! please help!

As far as I know, the park keeps them under wraps until they are ready to announce them, usually much closer to HH. I wouldn't expect to see anything about next year's Haunt until at least the end on August/beginning of September, if not later. And if people do know anything about Haunt '09, they won't be posting it here (or really anywhere) if they value their job. ;)

As far as I know, the park keeps them under wraps until they are ready to announce them, usually much closer to HH. I wouldn't expect to see anything about next year's Haunt until at least the end on August/beginning of September, if not later. And if people do know anything about Haunt '09, they won't be posting it here (or really anywhere) if they value their job. ;)

thanks i hope this year is gonna be even better than last year!!! land last year was awesome!

Does anybody know how i can find out what the udeas are for halloween haunt next year and does anybody know the ideas???

I know that in July someone posted what Kings Dominion was doing for their Haunt this year, so people know. It's just a matter of someone posting it.

I'm not sure when you guys went to HH last year but we went on halloween Night and we were gagged by all the fog that was used, In years past we were able to go up the tower but this year it was closed, in years past there was people walking around every corner scaring you this year was totally scarce, the biggest attraction on that night was the mechanical guy at the entrance in the electric chair. Dont get me wrong i love KI and all through the year we journey about twice a month all year long a whopping 150 miles to take our kids to KI, i have pics from when in 1971 and 1972 when i was a kid and as soon as i figure it out im gonna post in the KI history section. Alot of work needs to go into HH in 2009. I was just figuring on Oct 31st it would be the ideal day, i was dissappointed. Hopefully something will transpire from the Haunts of years past

I remember a few years ago there was this haunted house @ fearfest and you crawled and there was a plexi class window you crawled on. There was a dummy with bugs crawling on her. I banged on the glass three times. she banged back. scared the living !@#$ out of me. cool idea bring it back

Edited by Diamondback Dude

Charge admission for all guests, even passholders. Keep the trash out.

Just has more security. No need to charge more money.

Charging would also reduce the crowds, allowing those present to enjoy it more.

I Think the use of the fog could be a little less, i understand the effect of the fog but on halloween night is was really thick and the scarce of scaring people was really dissappointing. and why was the tower closed on halloween night??? i was there at 930pm and it was closed???

I Think the use of the fog could be a little less, i understand the effect of the fog but on halloween night is was really thick and the scarce of scaring people was really dissappointing. and why was the tower closed on halloween night??? i was there at 930pm and it was closed???

I also wish the Tower was open during Haunt nights. Imagine what the park would look like with all the fog from there!

The Eiffel Tower wasn't open during Halloween Haunt. I believe it was open on Saturdays during the day, however. I also went on Halloween and I was surprised on how empty the park was. I suggest going during the first several weeks of HH.

The Eiffel Tower wasn't open during Halloween Haunt. I believe it was open on Saturdays during the day, however. I also went on Halloween and I was surprised on how empty the park was. I suggest going during the first several weeks of HH.

Yep i may have to do that, i will never go on halloween night again. Like i said i was really dissappointed with the set up cedar fair had on haloween haunt, I really liked HH when paramount was doing KI. If the higher ups even look at this board which im sure they dont. could really get some good advice and suggestions...

Yep i may have to do that, i will never go on halloween night again. Like i said i was really dissappointed with the set up cedar fair had on haloween haunt, I really liked HH when paramount was doing KI. If the higher ups even look at this board which im sure they dont. could really get some good advice and suggestions...

You would be surprised on how often the park reads these forums.

I'm not sure when you guys went to HH last year but we went on halloween Night and we were gagged by all the fog that was used, In years past we were able to go up the tower but this year it was closed, in years past there was people walking around every corner scaring you this year was totally scarce, the biggest attraction on that night was the mechanical guy at the entrance in the electric chair. Dont get me wrong i love KI and all through the year we journey about twice a month all year long a whopping 150 miles to take our kids to KI, i have pics from when in 1971 and 1972 when i was a kid and as soon as i figure it out im gonna post in the KI history section. Alot of work needs to go into HH in 2009. I was just figuring on Oct 31st it would be the ideal day, i was dissappointed. Hopefully something will transpire from the Haunts of years past

Ironicly I went as well on halloween, But my story is different. It was the best. Chainsaws at the door, people popping out were ever. And it was not crowded, maybe thats what bothered you. I went on so many more attractions then last time. Over all it was really good, Not sure what went wrong for you.

The majority of the park guests who attend HH aren't interested in riding the Eiffel Tower, they are more often the roller-coaster-seeking, scream-wanting, thrill-ride-craving teenagers and young adults.

Yep i may have to do that, i will never go on halloween night again.

Halloween night is one of the last nights of the event and by then many scareactors have quit. That means less scaring aimed at you. However, the park is pretty empty of park guests that night, a positive.

You would be surprised on how often the park reads these forums.

Yep I like this forum as far as keeping up with the park, Even though i have been going since Coney island It is the all time favorite amusement park of all time... It is worth the 3 hr drive there and 3 hour drive back LOL

Well judging by what you all already have you're in for 2 new haunts in 09.

I'm gonna guess either a Camp, Plague, or Doll themed haunt.

Are you talking of KI Halloweens haunt 2009? See im a Photographer and i take alot of pics at KI And just like my parents did with me and all those coney island old pics My kids will have the pics Like i do Now days. Im Hoping HH at KI is alot better in 2009. All i can base it on is paramounts Awesome halloween haunt Before it was bought by Cedar fair