PKILIfeguard

Screamscape.com Posts Absurd Rumors About PKI...

I've never been to PKI (2-3 weeks left), but what part of SOB makes it so intense? I'll ride it anyways, because I love wooden coasters. I see how it has that weird sideways helex, but are the other parts of it just as intense? Also, what did they have to fix on it that cost so much?

We all are missing it.........TOP GUN IS GOING BYE BYE FOR A NEW COASTER to retake it place and The Core might replace TG because they can dig like 200ft down and make it go threw tunnels and stuff like that. Can you image your in the sation and you see the train go backwards then they go strait down going 90mphs or they can make a ride called The Digsite were you get blasted at 245mph then you go strait up to a max of 600ft and come all the way down in to a 314ft loop and then you hit the brakes and then the sation.

:blink:

"They can dig like 200ft down" - actually, no they couldn't. You see, one cannot simply decide to dig a 200 foot deep hole without running into things like gas mains, water mains, sewer lines, high-voltage power lines, phone lines, etc., and one would need the help of geologists, civil engineers, lawyers, and people with a never-ending cash flow. Such a project would cost billions of dollars and take years to complete.

"The Digsite". Yeah. Funny. Try telling that to a physics professor.

SOB used to be a real bad head banger. Think whiplash. The ride has been fixed up so its smoother. The rough parts used to be the first big drop, and the drop into the rose bowl.

We all are missing it.........TOP GUN IS GOING BYE BYE FOR A NEW COASTER to retake it place and The Core might replace TG because they can dig like 200ft down and make it go threw tunnels and stuff like that. Can you image your in the sation and you see the train go backwards then they go strait down going 90mphs or they can make a ride called The Digsite were you get blasted at 245mph then you go strait up to a max of 600ft and come all the way down in to a 314ft loop and then you hit the brakes and then the sation.

Yes, some one agrees with me! LOL

actually, no they couldn't. You see, one cannot simply decide to dig a 200 foot deep hole without running into things like gas mains, water mains, sewer lines, high-voltage power lines, phone lines, etc., and one would need the help of geologists, civil engineers, lawyers, and people with a never-ending cash flow. Such a project would cost billions of dollars and take years to complete.

"The Digsite". Yeah. Funny. Try telling that to a physics professor

If you want to get technical... PKI had to dig very deeply (likely more than 200 ft) for the support of "Intamin's Drop Zone"... all it takes is for PKI to legally aquire the zoning area for that particular type of ride. Not that I'm agreeing with Top Gun being taken out, because minds like to run rampid whenver someone thinks something should be gone and could be replaced by "X" ride. Digging 200 Feet is nothing... I would also like to point out how far the former "Flight Commander" depth was. It was deep (for those of you who got to see it). Believe you me Oldiesman, if we can put a man on the moon, by God, we can dig 200 feet without hitting a power, gas, or other sort of pipeline/main, however, I cannot guarantee the sewer lines ;). By the way, "The Digsite" isn't physics, it is engineering. It also wouldn't cost BILLIONS of dollars, it would be in the hundreds of thousands for a simple landscaping job. That is all...

We all are missing it.........TOP GUN  IS GOING BYE BYE FOR A NEW COASTER to retake it place and The Core might replace TG because they can dig like 200ft down and make it go threw tunnels and stuff like that. Can you image your in the sation and you see the train go backwards then they go strait down going 90mphs or they can make a ride called The Digsite were you get blasted at 245mph then you go strait up to a max of 600ft and come all the way down in to a 314ft loop and then you hit the brakes and then the sation.

Yes, some one agrees with me! LOL

Drewbari, top gun is staying. They could barely remove "The Eagles" and the "Antique Cars" without causing a ruccus.

RARELY is a new coaster moved. The only one I can really remember is Drachen Fire at Busch Gardens W. That was removed becuase it was too intense. Top Gun isnt intense, it dosent have any major flaws, and people still ride it! There is almost alwase a full train. It dosent matter if there isnt a long line, it has a full train, that means people ride it.

^ Yea That is true.

For Dropzone they probaly had to dig 1 foot in the ground for 1 foot that the tower is tall. And I will be willing to bet that they have a massive concert block with the bottom of the tower in it. You can dig holes with out hitting stuff that is what surveying is for and why they make blueprints of where they put stuff underground. If something is in the way they just rerout it to get it out of there way it is just that simple.

We don't have that many wires and mains running through the ground. Get real.. how would they make aquariums? And to further illustrate my point, let me use "The Beast" as an example, HOLY CRAP, THE TUNNEL GOES UNDERGROUND!!! HOW'D THEY DO THAT? Subject over, I win. It's not a big deal to dig 200 ft. into the ground. BA-ZING! Good guys: 1-0

:Off topic: Okay the most requested thing I hear for a future BB Expansion is.. when will PKI have a shark tunnel or when will PKI have aussie animals exhibts....which I like the idea from those guests but having an Aquarium would take up a lotta money plus PKI is a seasonal park so having animals or even a aquarium in BB would be hard plus BB is a waterpark not a zoo.

Yeah I agree with PKILifeguard.

We don't have that many wires and mains running through the ground. Get real.. how would they make aquariums? And to further illustrate my point, let me use "The Beast" as an example, HOLY CRAP, THE TUNNEL GOES UNDERGROUND!!! HOW'D THEY DO THAT? Subject over, I win. It's not a big deal to dig 200 ft. into the ground. BA-ZING! Good guys: 1-0

I argree 100 percent.

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

Yeah, Drop Zone's foundation is massive. I would imagine that it is at least 1/3 as deep as the tower is high - probably more. One giant concrete block going down into the ground. It needs to be able to counteract the torque on the top of the tower. Now granted the tower doesn't rotate or pivot or anything, but if you figure that it is 315 feet from its base to the top, any slight force at the top is going to be a very strong force at the base, which would act like the pivot point if it were a lever. So the part under the ground has to be very long, and needs to weigh more than the tower itself.

As far as building a coaster underground that goes 200 feet deep - it won't happen. It is possible, but digging a straight hole down 200 feet, and building a tunnel for a tracked thrill ride that reaches a depth of 200 feet are two totally different things. It is possible but it would be EXTREMELY costly. Besides, what's the point? Oblivion doesn't go that far underground - yet still gives the illusion of plummeting into the abyss.

I would be willing to bet that the it goest 200 feet plus in the ground with a 400 x 400 foot concrete block sitting under the ground. I mean you cant take any chances. The pole must with stand high winds and sudden outside forces.