PKILIfeguard

Screamscape.com Posts Absurd Rumors About PKI...

Screamscape.com has posted some "information" from "sources" (notice the quotes) about what Paramount's Kings Island may be taking out next...

Park News - (5/30/05) Last week I mentioned a weird rumor going around that the park may remove one of the major attractions in the next year or so and rather than start a panic and name the ride, I decided to see if anyone else had heard anything. What surprised me is that not only did several of my better sources write in to say what they’ve heard, but they all claimed that a different ride may be on the way out. The list so far includes: Vortex, Top Gun, Son of Beast and Flight of Fear and a couple of smaller attractions not worth mentioning. Many point to Vortex and Top Guns as older Arrow coasters that aren’t appreciated any longer and are both sitting on prime land that could be used for something else. Son of Beast may have it’s life cut short just because it’s just so damn rough and there are too many rider complaints (and possible lawsuits). Flight of Fear was an interesting choice as well since we know about the “MTV Shockwave” concept to add in concert lighting and a rock music soundtrack and give the ride a new theme, but at the same time we heard the ride could be removed and replaced with a new ride inside of the same building. Huh? It’s interesting that all these rumors are pointing to removing a coaster from the park, and while Son of Beast is a rough ride, the other three were still fun to me. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

This is truly and absolutely an absurd observation. Top Gun, SOB, Vortex, & FOF are staying. The only thing that may change is that FOF could be rethemed to MTV's Soundwave. Reporting like this is an abomination.

Guest SierraGolfOneSGC

Vortex not appreciated anymore? Whoever his sources are obviously haven't been to PKI in a while - if ever.

Really I can't see the Vortex or Flight of Fear going anytime soon they are both really great rides and still are the best in the park however I really really could see top gun or the son of beast being taken out. Yea Son of Beast is great and all but the park really get a bad rep because ot this ride. Dotn get me wrong I love son of beast but is it really making the park any money. No. Peopel dont come to Kings Island to ride the son of beast cause they know it will beat them up. PKI could use the land to install a giga or what not cause if they took it out they would have to replace it with something huge maybe a hyper coaster but steel.

I could see top gun getting taken it out but I really doubt it but you never know.

hey now, if you were to go on www.themeparkcritic.com everyone would definately see that all of the following rides listed to *go* really dont have that bad of scoring!!! vortex is a classic and its one of a kind.....i mean its not like the viper or shockwave that all had the same layout!! SoB may be a rough and tough piece of work but after all they invested in it, they cant just throw away a ride that has only been around for 5 years!! i know coaster lives can be short ( aka the bat ) but if they work and get decent lines then i really dont think they will go anywhere. now top gun....honestly its not my most favorite ride in the world but it is a great coaster to wind down on and its just fun; PLUS its the LAST of the arrow suspendeds to ever be built....they are rare enough as it is, they should at least keep it for historical purposes. not only is it historically important, but for those kids and even adults who want to go on a *big* coaster but dont want to go upsidedown, this is the perfect coaster just for that! overall....i really dont see any of the listed coasters going anywhere and i can see FoF getting rethemed, but seriously not go anywhere.

*Copyrighted Photo* *EDIT*

Edited by harvesterofyoursorrow

Don't worry about it. Screamscape has the dumbest rumors in the world. The said that SFGAM was gunna get a 4D and/or a Floorless for 2005. the basically put what they think should happen. I know people who have sent int he stupidest rumors and they have posted them there.

Drew, in your dreams TG is gone. But TG is going to stay for awhile. Belive it or not, its a croud favorite.

Why does everyone think because a MAJOR attraction is leaving the park it has to be a coaster?

Top Gun isnt leaving,Vortex aint leaving... Just remember Hanna-Barbera has been a Major attraction for the park for many years.

Drew, in your dreams TG is gone. But TG is going to stay for awhile. Belive it or not, its a croud favorite.

Yeh, I know, but still I like to make fun of it, and hope its going to be removed. LOL

SoB wasn't 20 million it was like 10-15 million. It might have been 20-25 million after the spent the money to fix it but it was only supposed to be 10-15 million so it went way over budget. The upkeep on this coaster is really demanding and the park is tossing its money away. People hardly ever even go on SoB. On a crowded day I never see the line go all the way down those ramps up to the station so people are staying away from it. And only to think they would have to replace it with something as big is son of beast if they took it out. O the possibities with what they could do with that land.

I've had this discussion before, the park expansion was 40 million. Skyflyer was added in 95 so that isnt the expansion, The expansion was Face/Off and SOB and the re working of the area. The reworking of the area probably took 1-2 million. Face/Off is only 1013' 9" long. Face/Off was probably 7 million. I'm guessing that becuase Boomerang at Knotts is a sit down of the same design and a litttle bit shorter at 935'. Now, do the math, 2+7= 9. 40-9= 31. Thats THIRTY ONE MILLION PEOPLE. Wood costs alot these days. Thats why GCI mainly uses steel for their supports, more economic.

Son of Beast didnt cost that much. YOur also forgetting Dropzone which was probaly at least 12 million maybe more or maybe less but it was about that. Face/Off was probaly 11-15 million at least and durning that time there was alot of change. Son of Beast cos the park 15 million max. now if you add in all the work they done on it then that is a different story.

We all are missing it.........TOP GUN IS GOING BYE BYE FOR A NEW COASTER to retake it place and The Core might replace TG because they can dig like 200ft down and make it go threw tunnels and stuff like that. Can you image your in the sation and you see the train go backwards then they go strait down going 90mphs or they can make a ride called The Digsite were you get blasted at 245mph then you go strait up to a max of 600ft and come all the way down in to a 314ft loop and then you hit the brakes and then the sation.

I was referring to what it ended up costing (after the winds knocked over the top of it)... furthermore, SoB is one of PKI's favorite attractions (believe it or not) and the park won't get rid of it. They'll fix it, it's cheaper and a much better business investment. Also, PKI has NOT developed on 65% of the land they own, (look behind racer & adventure express, that's theirs) and PKI doesn't need to replace rides with rides.