Sign in to follow this  
rageofturtles

New coaster in 2011.

Seriously? Kings Island finally gets the huge B&M scream machine fans have been wanting for years, and you are already talking about what we're getting next? For now why don't you enjoy the new twenty million addition that isn't even done being built yet?

I heard a rumor and was asking about it. I am super exited for Diamondback I just wanted to bring attention to this rumor and to see if it was true.

KI is missing a stand-up and a good inverted

There's a lot of parks out there missing stand-up coasters - for good reason, too. :P

But I do agree, KI is missing a good invert. I'd like to see a sweet B&M invert or an Intamin impulse as the next major coaster. Before then, I'd expect to see a flat or two, and additions/retheme of Nick U. I wouldn't look for a new coaster until at least 2012.

Are there any good inverts out there you could site because I havnt riden a good one, though I have only ridden InvertiGo and Raptor,Raptor hurt.I sat 3 back and seat all the way to the right.Rived in pain.I WANT A GOOD ONE!

A water ride such as slide or a real ride? If its a slide I hope its one of those funnel slides to put in the water park.

I wouldn't mind seeing an S&S screamin' swing in Kings Island's future. But I have to agree with most, it might be a while before KI gets another big coaster, but with Diamondback, I think that's OK. Despite the soft economic times, Cedar Fair is making one huge investment... so with the new one for '09, be very happy.

I don't know if anybody saw the episode on Prototype This! on The Discovery Channel, but they made a "backyard water slide" that I think would just be so cool as an admission ride, since it's for single riders and 3 min long.

http://dsc.discovery.com/video/player.html...leId=1825926513

Scroll down to Prototype This! and select the clip of backyard water slide simulator, to see the final prototype product.

First Raptor is one of the best coasters out there, I rate it above MForce and second http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=96 we have a funnel slide.

No, like this. http://www.puderluder.com/Rollercoaster3/b...phoonvortex.gif

I went to a resort called kalihari and it may have been,no it WAS the greatest water park I've been to it was in sandusky*SANDUSKY? ISN'T THAT WHERE CEDAR POINT IS?*

Also I don't know why but raptor absolutely killed when I rode it.

Edited by rageofturtles

Ah, you're talking about the bowl slides. If we get one it has to be a Behemoth Bowl, like Bakuli at Holiday World. Those are the best models for the bowl slides. I can see it fitting in the space currently occupied by DUT... ;)

I've only ever been there once and it didn't have any trouble the day I was there so I wasnt aware as to how unreliable it is. It was still a fun ride, and I liked theming all around it.