New coaster in 2011.

I remember hearing a rumor that every two years we will get a new coaster for 4 coasters.(Firehawk,Diamondback,Coaster3,Coaster4) Is this true? Also what do you think it will be, and what do you hope it will be.

Personally I hope we get a launch coaster I would really like a ride like thre huss shot n drop maxi, space shuttle kindof fits with x-base. Instead of a new coaster(unless its super good) then i would want some new rides not rolllercoaster.

Rides cost less(to my knowledge) and could get more than one for the same price of a new coaster. Easier to theme thus giving KI a better theme. Once those rides add many more visitors we could use the money from the new people to get a andvanced rollercoaster that hasnt been thought up yet. But that just my opinion.

Huss shot n drop maxi: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/3529095/Shot_N...ark_Attractions

Maybe a stand up B&M i have never riden a stand up rollercoaster.

Edited by rageofturtles

I've noticed that usually we get a coaster every two or three years, not necessarily new but we usually get one. But I don't think we would maybe in 2012, but if we did get one, I'd want a gravity group wooden coaster, but for some reason they seem to sell their rides to smaller parks, although I'm not quite sure why, maybe to up the attendance.

1996- Flight of Fear

1998- Ghoster Coaster

1999- Face/Off

2000- Son Of Beast

2001- Rugrats Runaway Reptar

2005- IJST

2006- Avatar (if you count that as a coaster)

2007- Firehawk

2009- Diamondback

Most of the coasters listed were bought and built by Paramount, not Cedar Fair. Well i believe KI is Cedar Fair's second or third most popular park, lets compare it to Cedar Point.

1999- Woodstock Express

2000- Millennium Force

2002- Wicked Twister

2003- Top Thrill Dragster

2007- Maverick

So KI got more coasters in about the same time period. Well since KI is now owned by CF id' expect to see our next coaster in 2011 but it will not be major, my guess is nothing but a Family coaster in Nickelodeon Universe? After that; id' expect the next coaster to be in 2014 and that being a bigger coaster.

Does anyone think Diamondback is just the beginning. I mean look at Cedar Point. First Magnum (200 feet), then Millenium (300 feet) and then Dragster (400 feet). Do you think in 2011 we will recieve a New Millenium?? I mean think logistically!!

I haven't heard a thing about a new coaster in 2011. However, i guess it's possible. Speaking of new coasters, does anyone else here think that CF could have found a better place for Diamondback? I mean, KI has over 700+ acers and a lot that hasn't been developed. I think I see the park expanding before another coaster is built. but that's just me. If we did get a new coaster, where could they put it? Not really any space in the area that is currently defined as "the park" unless CF gets there demo crew ready.

Does anyone think Diamondback is just the beginning. I mean look at Cedar Point. First Magnum (200 feet), then Millenium (300 feet) and then Dragster (400 feet). Do you think in 2011 we will recieve a New Millenium?? I mean think logistically!!

The thing is those were all fueled by making them the tallest in the world. If Cedar Fair still wants to continue that battle for height supremacy I would imagine it would take place at CP. With them putting DB in this year, I wouldn't expect a record breaker or a 300 ft tall one in 2011. KI is missing a stand-up and a good inverted that I would expect CF to put in before another sit down coaster, even if its 300 ft tall. I would actually look for something liked Wicked Twister at CP if KI is getting another coaster in 2011.

Edited by Jstbcool
KI is missing a stand-up and a good inverted

There's a lot of parks out there missing stand-up coasters - for good reason, too. :P

But I do agree, KI is missing a good invert. I'd like to see a sweet B&M invert or an Intamin impulse as the next major coaster. Before then, I'd expect to see a flat or two, and additions/retheme of Nick U. I wouldn't look for a new coaster until at least 2012.

KI is missing a stand-up and a good inverted that I would expect CF to put in before another sit down coaster, even if its 300 ft tall.

A stand-up hasn't been added to an amusement park since 1999 (Georgia Scorcher). They were once a fad, but nothing is appealing with standing-up on a ride after you've been standing in line for two hours.

There's a lot of parks out there missing stand-up coasters - for good reason, too. :P

I don't think stand-ups are that terrible; the design is just flawed for non-female people. I'd like them more if I wasn't putting the family tree on the line every time I got on them. :o I love Mantis's design; I just severely dislike having to make sure to stand a perfect way to keep my knees from buckling through the inversions. (Plus, my "seat" always ends up locked too high...) So that's why you never saw it on my top ride list. Assuming they did somehow perfect it, I'd be demanding that KI got one. Alas, it isn't perfected... so please, please don't give us one.

I've been enjoying everything about Diamondback so far, but on weekends and over the past week or so there hasnt been as much to talk about. Thus i'm more than willing to talk about speculations for the future. It may turn out that I wont make it back to KI till at least 2010 if not 2011 because next summer is looking extremely busy for me so far. In other words, we have this topic for pretty much the same reason we have the "perfect KI" thread. Its always fun to exchange ideas about what we'd like to see.

Edited by Jstbcool
Seriously? Kings Island finally gets the huge B&M scream machine fans have been wanting for years, and you are already talking about what we're getting next? For now why don't you enjoy the new twenty million addition that isn't even done being built yet?

I heard a rumor and was asking about it. I am super exited for Diamondback I just wanted to bring attention to this rumor and to see if it was true.

But I do agree, KI is missing a good invert. I'd like to see a sweet B&M invert or an Intamin impulse as the next major coaster. Before then, I'd expect to see a flat or two, and additions/retheme of Nick U. I wouldn't look for a new coaster until at least 2012.

Are there any good inverts out there you could site because I havnt riden a good one, though I have only ridden InvertiGo and Raptor,Raptor hurt.I sat 3 back and seat all the way to the right.Rived in pain.I WANT A GOOD ONE!

A water ride such as slide or a real ride? If its a slide I hope its one of those funnel slides to put in the water park.