Sign in to follow this  
jasmjs2003

Winter Fest

Yep. Someone does. There are no doubt several, from wanting to spend more time on Halloween Haunt to the fact that the last rendition of Winterfest was hardly splendidly attended nor splendidly profitable...staffing is difficult, too.

Those r good reason from a business stand point, but I love winter and to me a winter setting with all the lights and decorations that go with it done right there is nothing better. You would think with cf running the show the last couple years they would have come up with a marketing plan and park set up that would bring back this event and still put more than enough into HH.

Yea i would guess that it would be super bussy and even though theres only a month left there a peices of paper every where for the workers that say to get your friends to come and work because many people quit in sept.

I really wish they would bring it back because Halloween Haunt just isnt my cuppa joe.

Having never been to winter fest,What sort of festivities would be taking part on the winter fest[wtf do you do at winterfest.]

Well you can...

1-Enjoy the Christmas Lights

2-Ice Skate on International Street Fountain

3-Shop for Christmas Presents

4-Eat all kinds of tasty food & Drink Hot Coco

5-.Get a hug from *Scooby-Doo &Dino, Fred Flintstone,George Jetson & Astro(*When I went in the 90's) or Spongebob Squarepants and the rest of the Nicktoons.

6- Watch a Great Holiday Play

7-Meet Santa & tell him what you want for Christmas!(Always longlines!)

I love viewing Christmas Displays & Lights it's so cool to see the effort and creative thinking put into it.Winterfest is and always was a ton of fun and it saddens me that they are only pushing Halloween which isnt a holiday technically.

Edited by Mr.X

I think I'd enjoy Winterfest, from the sound of it... it'd be a different kind of experience that only KI could deliver. I'm REALLY regretting not being fanatic-y about KI till this year, now...

I go skating quite often at my close-by indoor skating rink. Skates only cost about ten bucks.

Of course, this is KI we're talking about, and they'll always find a way to get a quick buck!

;)

I go skating quite often at my close-by indoor skating rink. Skates only cost about ten bucks.

Of course, this is KI we're talking about, and they'll always find a way to get a quick buck!

;)

Something about the tower lit up like a tree and telling people you've been skating on the royal fountains... It all sounds so delightful, doesn't it? However, I see why it's not profitable. Living four hours away as I do, it simply isn't worth it to make the drive. Winterfest transforms Kings Island into a local destination (like Geauga Lake used to be, and we all know how that went) as opposed to a Midwest destination.

I think I'd enjoy Winterfest, from the sound of it... it'd be a different kind of experience that only KI could deliver. I'm REALLY regretting not being fanatic-y about KI till this year, now...

You would have enjoyed it. There's no two ways about that. The latest incarnation of Winterfest was absolutely amazing it was just... empty. I think Interp is right in saying that the reason why it was canceled was that they hit a critical juncture in which they had to choose between doing a lighter Halloween event and Winterfest while risking having more unprofitable Winterfest celebrations or going full force into Halloween Haunt, which had already proven itself to be profitable.

People (TombraiderTy, I'm guessing, though I don't recall) keep suggesting a Haunted Holiday section of the park, with crazy Santa elves and insane Cupid and stuff... The preparations for Winterfest could've killed two birds with one stone!

They had a demented santa and elves a few years ago at Fear Fest and it didn't go over to smoothly with the guests.I heard from a friend that worked in PR at the time that the guests were really digested ...with it to be honest.

Edited by Mr.X

They had a demented santa and elves a few years ago at Fear Fest and it didn't go over to smoothly with the guests.I heard from a friend that worked in PR at the time that the guests were really digested ...with it to be honest.

The same year, Universal Studio Florida's Halloween Horror Nights had a giant Christmas haunted-house, much worse than our lame excuse for a scare-zone.

I would love to see the Coney Mall Arcade transformed into "Holiday Horror". The entrance would have a cheery facade, but once inside, the guts and gore would replace the garland and glitter. One scene I think would look extremely cool would be a corpse hanging from a noose created by Christmas lights. Think about it- his body would be swaying back and forth slowly, the Christmas lights flickering joyfully...