Sign in to follow this  
DiSab

Hard Rock Park closes for 2008 and files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

This doesn't surprise me, they overhyped the park, overcharged, and expected an unrealitisic amount of visitors. They came in thinking they were bigger than Carowinds(Yes, the website yes that at one point), but in the end proved that even a big name doesn't always draw a crowd. Wonder what changes will take place before (if) they reopen?

I agree.

I mean you cannot expect to build a park from ground up including all the rollercoasters at once and not expect to go in debt and have a really tough time trying to get out. They should have started slower.

ryan

^I see nothing funny about people losing their jobs

Considering probably most of the people that worked there were college students using it as a college job than I don't think to many people are going to have to worry about it.

I bet maybe 10% of the people who worked there were out of college or not just using it as a summer job or something like that.

ryan

They simply built the place at a time when the economy was tanking, and people were staying closer to home to save money. Couple that with the threat of some hurricanes this year, and people probably didn't want to risk it. If things hadn't been the way they were, I'm sure they would have done much better.

Considering probably most of the people that worked there were college students using it as a college job than I don't think to many people are going to have to worry about it.

I bet maybe 10% of the people who worked there were out of college or not just using it as a summer job or something like that.

ryan

Yes, but that 90% probably still have bills to pay, and now they have to start hunting for a new job and decide if they want to risk applying there again in 2009 with the risk losing their job again next year.

Edited by Express29

ryan

Yes, but that 90% probably still have bills to pay, and now they have to start hunting for a new job and decide if they want to risk applying there again in 2009 with the risk losing their job again next year.

Like I said that 90% are probably already back at college and working at the job they normally work when they are there, if they even work when they are at school. If they were smart they saved most of the money they made over the summer to help pay the bills till their next summer job. Which may or may not be the same employer.

ryan