Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

Writing with Water

A year later, Kings Island has installed one of these fountains into the International Showplace. It is used during the new Hot Blooded show, turning falling water into images of bats, fangs, and the words "Get Bitten", among other things. Very cool effect during the show- be sure to check-it-out :)

img0827h.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how/if this is incorporated into future International Showplace shows. With Hot Blooded supposedly taking place down in subterranean caves, it'd make sense to have water dripping from above like that. With a show like Flashback Totally 80s, however, I don't see how it could fit.

Very cool topic, Ty.

I don't think the water wall effect that you originally posted isn't exactly the same one that Kings Island is using. The one in the video appears to actually form images with the droplets of water. I think the one at Kings Island is a semi-constant waterfall that has a complected series of lighting on the right and left side to project images onto the falling water. If you look at the balcony in the second photo posted above you can see the resonant light reflecting off the paint.

If you click here, you can see another example of a "water curtain" as this manufacturer calls it.

The same manufacturer also makes a product similar to the one you originally posted about called the Water Graphic. I haven't had the opportunity to get up close and take a good look at the thing for myself, but I think the first link more accurately depicts what they used in "Hot Blooded", just a much more toned down program for it.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Edited by BoddaH1994

...turning falling water into images of bats, fangs, and the words "Get Bitten", among other things...

img0827h.jpg

It appears (though I haven't seen it) from this image and Ty's description that it does indeed make images of bats, fangs, and the words "Get Bitten."

^^Ryan, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that International Showplace actually utilizes a water-curtain identical, or at least extremely similar, to the one originally posted. If they were to project things on it instead, wouldn't they take advantage of it and actually use videos with colors, people, and scenes, instead of fangs, bats, and "Get Bitten"?

I got quite distracted by the Aquatic-Show website that Ryan posted, leading me to think about how they could revamp our Royal Fountains :lol:

I'm not sure if it's the same type of lighting that Aquatic-Show uses, but these LED rings are smaller and brighter than standard lighting, illuminating jets of water more thoroughly than what is currently done in our fountains.

PJ-LR-48C-1.gif

Also, if Aquatic-Show replaced the jets (or just added new ones alongside the standard ones), we could have a water show a couple times a night:

colorsd.jpg

flowersjn.jpg

Just saying, it'd be awfully cool :rolleyes:

^Or even more so, the upcoming "World of Color" at Disney's California Adventure, which will incorporate dozens of water, fire, and lighting effects, all synchronized to music and animation...

World-of-Color-Disneys-California-Adventure_48114208.jpg

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that! I hope ''World of Color'' comes to WDW or I won't see it I don't like to travel to cali.That looks amazing I'm sure it will be mind blowing to see it and I hope to someday.

^^Ryan, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that International Showplace actually utilizes a water-curtain identical, or at least extremely similar, to the one originally posted. If they were to project things on it instead, wouldn't they take advantage of it and actually use videos with colors, people, and scenes, instead of fangs, bats, and "Get Bitten"?

Upon further inspection, I believe you're absolutely correct.