Sign in to follow this  
The Interpreter

CAROLINA COBRA TO STRIKE AT CAROWINDS IN 2009

Hmm.. I might have to gander over to Carowinds next summer now.

I remember riding "Headspin" at GL and the head restraint was a little on the bumby side.

It was like riding Flight of Fear, when FOF had head restraints, and now they look more comfortable.

:)

I think they are overusing the word Carolina. They could have used

Tar Heel Cobra

Tar Heel Copperhead

Tar River Cobra

Tar River Copperhead

and put "tar" spots on the ride. I agree, we dont believe we have cobras in the carolinas.

EDIT: http://www.bio.davidson.edu/projects/herpc...kes/snakes.html Nope, no cobras, but we diamondbacks..lol :P .

That is the creepiest crawliest page I have ever looked at. I hate snakes....

Edited by RollerNut

I Could See If It Was DejaVu or Invertigo at Kings Island but this is so boring and cheap.

Agreed. They'd need to put on some theming to make it better.

They better theme it REALLY well... I think it's quite obvious that all the Former Paramount Parks were fed up with Kings Island being the flagship and most likely, they thought things would change. As you can see, they haven't. They've even neglected an addition to Cedar Point in favor of a $22 mil Kings Island addition. And all the other parks are getting the scrap heaps of Geauga Lake. It's really quite sad.

And it would be one thing if they were like "Oh yeah btw, we threw an old Geauga Lake clunker into Carowinds for ya" but no... They take out the Super Saturator (thus not adjusting the ride count in any positive way) and actually try to make a BIG DEAL out of a broken down boomerang. I think it would really be okay if they just put it there, but the fact that they're marketing it like it's a big deal? yeah, it WILL bring in the locals, but actual Carowinds fans & followers are PISSED. And you can see why.

Ultimately, the ride sucked at Geauga Lake and it's gonna suck at Carowinds. Can you image a 2 hour line for the "new" "exciting" Carolina Cobra?! No. Because it isn't going to happen. All I'm saying is, if it's not SUPER themed, like, the second tower of it is completely enclosed in what looks like you rocket up a snakes mouth and then go backwards out of it... That's the only way this could be justified by the removal of a coaster & all this marketing.

ccea4.jpg

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

^ Do you really think the public cares if its a Boomerang? Cedar Fair is puting money into this ride to make it smoother and better than ever. What do you want Cedar Fair to do just scrap it and let it go to waste?

I said the public doesn't care. But my point is, one look at the ride and you realize it's just not worth a wait. Very few people (educated in theme parks or otherwise) would look at a boomerang and think "Yeah, that's worth an hour-long wait!" Boomerang's don't appeal to many people, and even fewer think they're worth a wait.

I haven't seen it have a long wait recently. And besides, it's all in the marketing. FACE/OFF is strategically placed so that most of the GP sees it first and rushes to it. It's brightly colored. And on top of that, it's inverted, not sitting, so it offers guests something different.

Why is this being disputed? We all know that Carowinds in getting shafted by getting a frickin Boomerang and losing the Super Saturator. There's no question that they could do better. And the marketing for it is pissing me off. It's like if Cedar Point gave the Wildcat to another park as is and the other park marketed it and acted like it was some nice new big ride. It's not... Market it, yeah, but don't try to convince people it's something that it's not.

If Kings Island didn't have FACE/OFF and it was announced that we were getting Geauga Lake's boomerang as is and it was being marketed just as heavily as we currently have "Diamondback" being marketed, would you be okay with it or not? That's what it ultimately comes down to.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

What it comes down to is, in this day and age, if you watched every other Cedar Fair theme park get something useful and you were given a hand-me-down of an already crappy ride from Geauga Lake, you would NOT be okay with it. That's the undeniable truth. If Carowinds was getting Diamondback and we were getting Head Spin, I doubt you'd be cool with it.

Would I be cool with it? No. But the average guests to Carowinds has no clue what Kings Island is, let-alone what we're getting for 2009. To the average Carowinds guest, it's a new roller coaster to them and that's enough to get them excited.

Most of the people who go to Carowinds have no clue what a boomerang, let alone even ridden one. I haven't even rode one yet, and I am a coaster & Carowinds enthuisist.

I said the public doesn't care. But my point is, one look at the ride and you realize it's just not worth a wait. Very few people (educated in theme parks or otherwise) would look at a boomerang and think "Yeah, that's worth an hour-long wait!" Boomerang's don't appeal to many people, and even fewer think they're worth a wait.

There are more NON-COASTER geeks than there are coaster geeks so I think Carowinds will be just fine.

Thats my point.

Edited by FireHawk51560

Why does Carowinds keep getting used rides?

Because park management likes to make their money go further... :lol: ...Pretty much, Carowinds has figured out that the general public is know the difference, let alone care. Some people theorize that Carowinds is saving up money for a hyper coaster, but I doubt it.

Some people theorize that Carowinds is saving up money for a hyper coaster, but I doubt it.

I don't know. I don't think many people would have thought CW would be the first former-Paramount park to get a brand-new hyper coaster coming off the sale. It could very well happen, and from what I've seen of the parks, Carowinds is the one that needs a big new ride the most. Hyper coaster anyone?? ;)