PKIDelirium

Do You Dare? Halloween Haunt Details Now Available!

Do you dare to challenge Kings Island's Halloween Haunt? Starting September 26th, Halloween Haunt will be even bigger and more intense this year, including the all-new maze Urgent Scare!

Returning attractions from last year's Haunt include: Dead Awakening, CarnEvil, Cemetery, Club Blood, Cornstalkers, Death Row, Massacre Manor, Red Beard's Revenge, Trail of Terror, Tombstone Terror-Tory and Worksite.

At 3,666 square feet, twice the size of Club Blood, patients will check into Urgent Scare and make their way through various rooms. This clinic's doctors and nurses have all been infected by a deadly virus, so use extreme caution!

New in the Festhaus is Ghouls Gone Wild! Come in and grab a bite at this monster dinner party, but watch out because you're on the menu too!

On Saturday, October 25th, ACE Southern Ohio and KIExtreme.com will be putting on the biggest fall event in park history! Fall Freak Out is accepting registrations NOW, and is open to all ACE and KIExtreme members. Join us for a day of Haunting fun at Kings Island, featuring a wide variety of events and perks. CLICK HERE for all the details on Fall Freak Out 2008!

For the latest news and updates when you're away from your computer, sign up for our new KIExtreme.com Mobile News Alerts! For information on this new service, just CLICK HERE!

Kings Island Press Release:

Halloween Haunt to set new standard for horror

Kings Island makes its largest Halloween new product investment for Haunt 2008

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio - The bloodcurdling horror, mind-bending terror and madness of Halloween Haunt at Kings Island had everyone dying to get in during its debut season last year.

This year Kings Island is making Halloween Haunt even bigger, better and more intense than before by making its largest Halloween new product investment including an all-new, 3,666 square-foot maze, Urgent Scare.

Themed as the kind of hospital you never want to visit, Urgent Scare will be the area's most anticipated new haunted attraction and is twice the size of Club Blood, last year's popular new maze. In Urgent Scare, "patients" will make their way through various rooms experiencing doctors and nurses, all who have been infected with a virus that has broken out in a small town causing a deadly plague.

Also new is Ghouls Gone Wild, a monster dinner party with you on the menu! Come into the Festhaus for a bite. The ghouls will let you stay for as long as you'd like. In fact, you can stay forever!

With now 13 bone-chilling haunted attractions, Halloween Haunt promises to break new ground by being the most immersive horror experience in the Midwest. No other Halloween event in the area can match the number of scares, the blood, the guts and the gore!

Halloween Haunt is not for the faint of heart and will ravage all of your senses. This in-your-face horror experience is filled with terrifying chain-link mazes, frightening wooded trails, disturbing clowns in 3D, outrageous "live" shows and more than 400 monsters lurking in the shadows, waiting to make you their next victim.

Parents, be advised: Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!

Returning attractions include CarnEvil, Cemetery, Club Blood, Cornstalkers, Death Row, Massacre Manor, Red Beard's Revenge, Trail of Terror, Tombstone Terror-Tory and Worksite. Beware of Roamers and Creepers...they're everywhere!

Also back by popular demand is Dead Awakening, an adult-oriented, contemporary horror and music video-style show that includes graphic scenes and disturbing activity as guest's witness a young lady's gruesome nightmare unfold amid the walking dead everywhere!

Of course, in addition to the horrifying Halloween Haunt attractions, some of the most hair-raising rides on the planet - including the legendary Beast (longest wooded roller coaster in the world) and Son of Beast (tallest, fastest wooden roller coaster in the world) - will be open for guests to enjoy. The eight-time award-winning Nickelodeon Universe kids' area will be closed during Halloween Haunt.

Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt will be open from 7:00pm to 1:00am every Friday and Saturday night September 26 through November 1.

Ticket prices are $19.99 on Friday nights (September 26, October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31) and $25.99 on Saturday (valid all day September 27, October 4, 11, 18, 25 and November 1) when purchased in advance online at www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt or Taco Bell coupon.

Halloween Haunt is free to season passholders.

Kings Island is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Kings Island, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

Yeah, I'll be in line for it on September 26, but I'm still disappointed with this year. My expectations were way higher I guess, probably cause I've been thinking of hundreds of possibilities which completely rule over the present HH :lol:

Like why not have a maze devoted around the top 13 phobias?

Arachnophobia (bugs/spiders, send guests through plexi-glass tunnel on their hands and feet. Light it up from below, revealing hundreds of crawling insects and spiders that also cling to the sides and top of the glass.

Acrophobia (heights, have victims walk across a platform 40-60 above the midway (yes, this part is not handicapped accessible). Floor and sides clear while the whole bridge, about fifteen feet in length, sways back and forth)

Agoraphobia (wide open spaces, send them through a large room and leave them in the center, out in the open for their attacker- who, for some extra fun, is one of twenty figurines lining the walls)

Claustrophobia (small/compact spaces, send them through a hallway that continually shrinks in all dimensions, this could lead to them crawling on their hands and feet)

Mysophobia (germs, make a scene with DISGUSTING looking things all over and make it so squeezed together it's impossible for a guest's hands not to touch it)

Brontophobia (lightning/thunder, sounds and images of thunder, possibly use technology to make lighting strikes appear to flash around the room and around the guests)

Social Phobia (includes being watched by others, have a room of heads that all turn to follow the guests through the room)

Aerophobia (flying... anyone have any ideas for this?)

Carcinophobia (fear of getting cancer... also clueless how to portray this)

Necrophobia (death, easy enough. Bodies all over, maybe a coffin who's base is actually a mirror, so when guests walk up to it, they see themselves inside. Following this would be a walk through a coffin into a seperate room)

That's only ten, cause I couldn't find the top 13 list :D

^I only think it's disappointing because of the lack of quantity. While Torture Chamber and The Cemetery both sucked, a decent job was done on Club Blood and an amazing job on Dead Awakening.

That's not what I had in mind I meant worse as in more guts & gore something I don't care for but I have to admit I wasn't to fond of HH after all there are better Haunted Attractions in the dayton-cincinnati area.

^I only think it's disappointing because of the lack of quantity. While Torture Chamber and The Cemetery both sucked, a decent job was done on Club Blood and an amazing job on Dead Awakening.

I must have caught Cemetary at a good time! When we went through there was a HUGE line. We waited for about 45 minutes or so. But oncewe got in it was a completely different story! They sent us (my group of 6) in alone, I don't think anyone else but our group was even in the area!. We weren't even told to hold on to eachother, they just said to head on in. They entire area was so foggy you couldn't see 4 feet in front of you. We wandering through all the tombstones trying to find our way back, and as we were walking we all sort of started drifting apart, and ash_iheartcoasters (Ashers) started to wander away by herself :lol: The scareactors got us really good! Some just wandering out of no where and scaring us, and some hiding behind tombstones! It was AWESOME! That was probably one of my favorite mazes last year! (IMO Red Beard's Revenge SUCKED, Massacre Manor was pretty lame, OK at best, and CoRnStAlKeRs was terrible) I watched a few youtube videos of Cemetary, and it looked pretty bad on the video, but our experience was nothing like that of the video!

I hated The Cemetery... it should become a Meet-and-Greet for movie monsters that appear in a show at the International Showplace. After watching Movie Monster Madness, got your photos and autographs at Movie Monster Meet-and-Greet!

I'd much rather have The Cemetary based on my experience last year. Although that might change after the end of this HH depending on how good of a job the scareactors do! :lol:

I really don't know why they don't set up the outdoor scare-zones like the ones at CP where you just wander through at will. The screamsters just roam the midways without any real positions - I think that could be pulled off very easily at KI if they just plan it out.

Our scare zones were open like that in 2005. CornStalkers could be walked through freely in either direction, and it was better quality then, IMO.

Gauntlet, which became Worksite in 2006, was also like that in 2005. It was located in Oktoberfest near the Delirium queue house and SlingShot. It was Worksite at first in 2006, then after the first weekend or two, was moved over to where it is now and greatly improved.

I would love to see the walk-throughs changed back. I hate waiting in line for a sub-par outdoor walk-through like CornStalkers was last year. Just have the scare-actors roaming freely, hiding at will and jumping out randomly. I think its much better than sending people through group-by-group. It just goes much smoother, in my opinion.

Cemetery I can see as a queued attraction since its more like a maze, but CornStalkers and Worksite should be open in both directions constantly.