Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

ScreamScape Report: Urgent Scare Haunt

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

What are all your opinions?

I personally like the concept, but not the location. A few years back I had the idea for a "Horror Hospital" in the empty area North-west of Delirium, where the Antique Cars used to be stored. They could add an attraction similar to this in a new permanent building there, which could be used for storage November-August.

I wonder if the area behind Deli/DOT could be turned into just a walk threw sorta like the new Pirate Island CP is doing. The line would normal DOT line and then you turn right and go behind Delirium and go threw scenes and stuff.

Don's right -- the area behind the mural (which once was part of the stage) is still there. It's now used for storage and during the regular season houses many Haunt decorations such as caskets, Phantom Theater characters (coal minters, gargoyle, opera lady are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head) as well as a bunch of relics from old shows. Below that is the green room for the current shows and is storage for KI's massive temporary sound system.

Dude, Kings Island uses every possible nook and cranny for storage, from the Old Mary Rose Inn to the old Tomb Raider photo stand to laser tag and beyond... Anyone think a giant warehouse would be more accessible and free up spaces for other uses?

Believe me.... they aren't easy to put in. I mean I know that WOF put up 2 structures this year, but it's not easy man. You have to get permits, licenses, file random reports, it's a huge hassle. I agree it'd be a great investment because you get 2 in 1. Store props in during the season/offseason, make it a haunt for the haunt season. I agree but there's a lot of things you have to factor in before making one.

Well, They really need to do something with the laser tag building. It looks horrible, and a classic ride could easily be placed there! Something along the lines of Matterhorn, or Himilaya.

Well, They really need to do something with the laser tag building. It looks horrible, and a classic ride could easily be placed there! Something along the lines of Matterhorn, or Himilaya.

Or a Tilt-A-Whirl!

That wouuld fit in with the Coney theme!

Found one for sale! Well actually a few, this was just the first one I clicked on.

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=991

Edited by Sheikra_rocks

I wouldn't mind a ride like Chaos at CP. That ride was AWESOME! It almost never had a line more than 1 cycle, and it was so much fun! I could picture one of these right about where the eurobungee is. Why is Chaos so underrated?