Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Now Official: Save The Date For FALL FREAK OUT 2008!

So this is the only reason you joined KIE....

If you feel that way then don't come, its that simple man.....

We don't set the prices

Wow, harsh. I've been coming to this site for years. I've been meaning to join for some time but just never have. Your comment makes me question my decision to join though. Do I need to make a certain number of posts before I can try to make a meaningful comment?

I understand that you don't set the prices. But, if you are involved in planning the event, you do influence them. If Kings Island quotes you a price, you have the ability to turn down their offer. Or, negotiate for a better deal.

I was trying to spark some discussion about the high price of this event compared to similar events. I can't be the only one that is disappointed with the price. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.

i dont think the price of this event is high at all...considering the admission price to KI itself along with fearfest, i believe it is an extremely resonable price!

The price is good unless you already have a season pass. Plus, young children are not welcome at half of this event. The Haunt is not meant for families (which is fine).

not all people have season passes though...not all people will get the chance to have to experiences the season pass holder have of getting to go behind the scenes. I think this is targeted mostly at the members who either dont live in close proximity to KI, dont have season passes, and who would really like to meet other people on this site who share the same passion for Kings Island as they do. So the price may not seem fesable for someone who holds season passes, it is fesable for the majority of people who visit Kings Island who dont have season passes.

Update:

Registration price includes park admission and Halloween Haunt.

ERT has been confirmed on Racer and Flight of Fear.

We'll be having a Skyline Chili buffet menu in the International Restaurant.

I don't suppose we can talk them into not using the trim brakes? How nice it would be to ride Racer and FOF trimless.

I don't suppose we can talk them into not using the trim brakes? How nice it would be to ride Racer and FOF trimless.

That would be awesome...but it won't happen.

I do wish that there was a discount available for season pass holders.

At Coaster Mania in June, i asked a ride operator for Magnum if they could turn off the trims, and they said "okay." I wasn't thinking they would really do it, but they did! :D

Thats awesome! I love Magnum! So much airtime...

Me too, there was so much more airtime with the trims off, but alot of the ride was painful *cough*pretzel turnaround*...

I wonder if The Beast's crew is so accepting... it's be so awesome to not have those trims down the first or on the second hills. But anyway...

:offtopic:

I know I ask a lot of questions, but will all of the FFO events happen during the Haunt or beforehand in the day?

Beast's crew cannot disable the trim brakes. The only way to adjust them is for Maintenance to go out there with a wrench and manually adjust or remove them, which isn't going to happen.

While I WILL admit that a family attending Fall Freak Out the cost of going does add up fast, but I still think the price of admission is a steal. The benefits of going EASILY are worth the $31/$34 price...everyone knows that a buffet meal at the park costs $15.00, so when you subtract that amount you are getting all of the other great activities for a mere $16/$19...how can you beat that?

I think realistically...the park has to pay for extra employees to run the ERT and do the guided tours...that is not cheap! I am sure in the long run the park does not make that much money (if any) doing these kind of events...they are more of a "thank you" to some of their more dedicated/fanatical guests.

Before I knew about these kind of events I would think to myself, "I would pay anything to walk around The Beast"...so later, finding out that I could do these kind of things for a lot less I was thrilled!

I am glad that this event is back and am looking forward to it immensely...thanks to ACE & KI Extreme for putting it together.

P.S. I, and the 5 other people going with me are all Season Pass holders...and we're still happy with the price.

Edited by standbyme

There is no age requirment to attend but be advised some Holloween Haunt attractions may not be Appropriate for some age's.

ACE Assit Regional Rep

Adam

I'm in debt with my parents about $40 from text messaging and borrowing money for Kings Island visits. Then I'll need $30 to go... while I would like to attend, if I will is yet to be determined.