Skywriter

Kings Island Strikes Back in 2009 with Diamondback!

10-14-08.jpg

Whoops, I was working on this at the same time as someone else...

Edited by JTW

You can now see the lift hill in the view that shows the track to the right of The Crypt.

5zlhxd.jpg

My excitement is now in overdrive.

P.S. Unfortunately, I was too late to catch a crystal-clear picture of where that cherry picker is on the lift hill. If I'd seen it more often, I'd've thought it was intentional.

EDIT: Nix that...

vmxg9h.jpg

EDIT (again): What are all the little ant-ish people doing in the splashdown?

Edited by TombRaiderFTW

Two new blog entries this week:

Steep Incline Ahead

October 13, 2008

Workmen at Kings Island will be installing a significant amount of track on Diamondback’s 230-foot lift hill this week. The lift hill will stand close to 200 feet by the time the gates open Friday at 7:00pm for Halloween Haunt.

- Don Helbig

Ask About Diamondback

October 13, 2008

You've got the questions, we have the answers. To send a Diamondback question, drop me an e-mail at don.helbig@visitkingsisland.com. Please include your first and last name, city and state. A select number of questions will be answered each week.

- Don Helbig

Also new photos added: http://www.kidiamondback.com/public/latest/gallery/

More photos added again today 10/15 of the work done yesterday, including putting in the latest lift hill track.

Edited by Jstbcool

One can only speculate... and I don't know if this is mentioned. However, if you look at that picture of the station work, it looks like the queue might enter the station on the Coney side. So at one point we may go under track to get there if we enter in rivertown. I love walking under track :lol:

^I talked to the guy on the announcement day and he said that we will indeed walk under the track to the station. So yes, the queue leads us under the beginning of the lift hill. :D :D

"Kings Island's newest ride, The Diamondback, was unveiled Wednedsay, Aug. 6. The ride, which will span 5,282 feet, will reach 230 feet at its highest point, travel up to 80 mph and do 10 vertical loops, will open in April 2009."

Pic 38