flightoffear1996

What is getting taken out next

You know, it would take a lot of effot, but they could just re-locate Vortex to a new location, if they could make a coaster that would fit very well in that spot. But of course it's easier just to build it somewhere else. But I....I say meh. I really doubt PKI will be loosing a coaster.

10 to 1 says you guys don't get the big steel coaster of your dreams in the forseeable future.

I say we don't see a big steel coaster @ PKI in our lifetimes unless it changes owners. :lol: :lol: :lol:

STFU

Ok, boys. :rolleyes:

Top Gun is staying no matter how it is, it is a Paramount Movie Advertising Ride, it will stay!

Hanna-Barbara Land will be replace in PHASES with Nick. They will not remove it all at one time.

I would look for an older attraction to be removed before I look for anything "Paramounted".

Now please, shut up about Top Gun being removed, that just won't happen for a while.

Top Gun just need to get a retro lift and it will be fine. Top Gun is one of the best suspended coasters out there expect Big Bad Wolf.

I can see them taking out the baby area and installing some really great kiddie rides. In speaking of that baby area I dont even know that section of the park and I might take a stroll over there when I go to PKI next

RollerNut, as much as I hate to say this PKI will take HBL out totally all HBL themed rides(except for scooby) will be transformed into NICK because the contract to keep HB expires in 2009 and keep in mind that Hanna-Barbera was a MAJOR ATTRACTION to the park for more than 30 years. ;)

The Ghoster Coaster and the area around it will go in 2006, then the rest will follow in 2007. If I were ya'll I wouldn't count on any ride being safe from removal unless it has been repainted in the last two years or it is PARAMOUNT. PARAMOUNT seems to be the keyword for everything. 2005 is the first year that no park got any ride that isn't tied to a movie. Paramount Parks will press on with that tend. It is no longer Kings Island, it is Paramount's Island just like Carowinds has/will been/be "Parawinds"

We can just about drop our parks as separate parks as the themes are all the same now. Carowinds was founded as a "Carolina History Theme Park", and now it has been slowly transformed into a "Movie Theme Park". The same will happen to PKI and all Paramount Parks. The five Paramount Parks are nothing more than advertising for DVD/VHS sales of Paramount Movies.

This is the concept that will be the downfall of Paramount Parks as the movies like Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Italian Job, Tomb Raider, Nicktoons, Drop Zone, Wayne's World will become outdate and forgotten. When a movie is forgotten it is just that. However, when history is forgotten it will repeat itself. Therefore the rides will have to rethemed, replaced, and/or remodeled as no one will remember what they are.

Hanna-Barbara yielding to Nicktoons is the first example of what will happen to all of the park, and all five Paramount Parks in due time. Nicktoons are NOT Mickey Mouse, they will NOT last forever. Mickey Mouse(1923?) will never become outdated as Disney still uses it. Scooby-Doo(1969) will last until after the movies are no longer producted then in following years, he will be forgotten just like anyother cartoon show(s).

To put it simply, Paramount is NOT Disney, they are too late and self updating to have theme parks. Looney Tunes and Disney are the only cartoons that will last forever. Scooby-Doo will only survive if WB keeps making new movies, and new shows.

BTW, how do we know that the contact expires in 2008, 2009? Who says it does? What if that is only an excuse, or a lie to make people feel better. What if there is no contact because there never was, or if the contact has already expired. You have to remember, only high up VIPs know the rhyme and reason behind the parks.

RollerNut are you for real? Scooby is WB's Star Cartoon Character he was voted the 1# viewed cartoon among kids and parents and he is a favorite scooby was always popular and he will stay popular among kids and parents for many many years to come.

There is a contract I have seen it..I have seen the one for Scooby as well it expires 2012.

There is a contract I have seen it..I have seen the one for Scooby as well it expires 2012.

And how could you have seen that? The contact can't expire in 2012, more like 2010 and 2015. It may expire for PKI in 2012 but not for the others. :hysterical:

By the way, the latest Scooby-Doo ride was installed in 2004.

I think somebody's a bit too paranoid. It's a theme park. It's also a business. Paramount wants to make money...they do that by thememing rides to Paramount properties. It's no big deal.

Yes, the latest Scooby-Doo ride was in 2004 with SDatHC...that's why the contract for Scooby was extended past all the other HB properties. Paramount signed that extension for Scooby with Sally Dark Rides when they built the Haunted Castle.

And how could you have seen that? The contact can't expire in 2012, more like 2010 and 2015. It may expire for PKI in 2012 but not for the others. :hysterical:

By the way, the latest Scooby-Doo ride was installed in 2004.

How could I see it...I WORK for Paramounts Kings Island I got to walk and view SDATHC as it was being built same with Delirium! I also seen the contract signings between Sally and PKI! You understand you are on PKI fan board right? NOT A CAROWINDS or anyother paramount park fan board.Besides Scooby will be around for a long while just because he has rides at Paramount parks that will expire in a couple years doesnt mean his popularity will die out.

In 2006 Expect to see Nick take over and Scooby to get his own little chunk of land.