flightoffear1996

What is getting taken out next

I was browsing the internet and I saw this on screamscape I realize this is a rumor but you never know.

-ScreamScape

Park News - (5/23/05) While I don’t want to start a panic, I’ve heard a weird rumor today that PKI may be thinking of removing one of their major attractions after the end of this season. I don’t want to say what just yet while I try to confirm or deny it, but if you’ve heard something similar, let me know.

-ScreamScape

I just wondering what ride it might be the people eater(the vortex) or maybe even Son of Beast I have no clue maybe even the best. If this is true it could be any ride.

Yes I was browsing as well while on my lunch break and just wanna come out say nothing is getting removed at the moment unless your a Hanna-Barbera attraction I wouldnt count on it.

While the 2007 Attraction is ment to be huge why would Paramount or PKI be pushing for it now its to early and it is still in the development stages.

PKI isn't focused on replaced rides with rides. They do have 55% of the land that they actually own, unused. The only way that they will remove a ride is if it would be IDEAL for the new ride to be placed there, as well as if the ride in which they are replaceing has technical/mechanical problems and/or low capactity issues. Having said that, I don't believe that PKI is going to remove any of their most popular attractions (ie Top Gun). Paramount's Kings Island is dedicated to making guests happy with their rides, but taking out fan favorites is not going to accomplish this. While PKI can get away with the Eagles and the Antique Cars, they would never make public opinion sway in their favor for Top Gun. PKI WILL NOT BE REMOVING ANY RIDES FOR THE 2006 SEASON.

Vortex?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!!!!!!!!11one

I :wub: vortex!

After thinking about it...Top Gun is the best choice for removal. Think, the company got sold to S&S, who makes POWERTOWERS and flat rides, not coasters. (Except for that one at PKD...)

Vortex is another good choice. I bet that if they took out Vortex people would be pissed. EVERYONE at my school says it is their favorite ride. The only way they could not make people pissed, announce the new ride long before Vortex is taken away. Let it sink in.

I dont think they will get rid of Top for its rated one of the best suspended coasters out there. If anything they would get ride of the Vortex I think and replace it with a nice flying coaster or any looping coaster for that matter. A really nice coaster could go in that area.

Guest Chodezilla

Well vortex needs to go its geting old and doesn't make me scream like it use to. I say if there goin to take out vortex and replace it....Its going to be a bigger,better ride.

S&S makes Wood Coasters, Thurst Air Coasters, Screamin' Squirell. They also make new extreme flat rides. They used Arrow looking track for Powder Keg at Silver Dollar City in Bramson,MO.

-Jake

Why does everyone take "ATTRACTION being removed" as a coaster? A coaster will not be removed at the end of the season...unless it is Ghoster Coaster.

I agree that it's highly unlikely a coaster will be removed. That said, if a coaster is to be removed, it had better not be Vortex, for two reasons:

1) It's a GREAT ride. I prefer Vortex to any coaster at PKI

2) It's got GREAT capacity. I've never waited longer than 20 minutes or so...on a busy day...for my back seat.

That may be true but I think a 7 or 8 inversion floorless would be better right there. Don't get me wrong I love the Vortex and its one of my faviorate coasters out there right now but something better could fit right in there nicely.

So long as it has the capacity, I think I could get over losing Vortex. BUT ONLY if it has the capacity. I love knowing I won't have to wait long for 'tex.

Guest Chodezilla

WHY NOT!! I mean if any coaster geting taken out its going to be Vortex or Top Gun.

Guest Chodezilla

Well HBL Probly is geting taken out and I want to meet up with someone at PKI. This is my new accout but if you want to know who I am all I can say is Kong fu guy :)