Sign in to follow this  
GoodYellowKoRn182

Paramount Park Maps?

I'm really looking anywhere & everywhere to find maps from all the former Paramount Parks... I contacted Cedar Fair, who have nothing left, and Paramount (who have forwarded my request all over the place before CBS finally assured me all assets were left with Cedar Fair). There's one Kings Dominion map on eBay, but the point is, certainly these maps can't have just disappeared. It's not like Cedar Fair burned all the thousands of pre-printed Kings Island maps that weren't sold in the final season... They're somewhere, the question is, are they accessible? Does anyone know of anywhere to get recent (2003+) maps from the old parks?

Most likely the answer will be to keep your eye on eBay but I know having connections is the first step in getting somewhere in life. As such, certainly someone knows someone who knows someone who has a random old Great America map in their desk drawer... Haha. I'm looking for anything I can get. (:

I used to have all the maps from 1998 until now, but then my mom "cleaned" out my room by throwing them away... So before... I could've taken pictures for you or maybe even sold them to you, but oh well...

Edited by calakapepe

Are you talking about the park maps that they hand out for free? If so, I'm sure Cedar Fair recycled them. I don't see why Cedar Fair would keep something that is no longer useful to them, as they would be outdated.

Wow haha! I didn't expect so many replies so fast. Yeah just the free ones when you walk into the park. I recently went on a map-hoarding rampage, sending letters to every theme park I can think of. I've been collecting Disney maps for years & decided Paramount maps would be fun... I just thought of it a little too late. -_-

And I don't know, I figured Cedar Fair obviously used the Paramount maps to make their own. It's like, the same illustration style and look for the most part. And like, it's just something I know I would do. I wouldn't throw them away... Those maps were part of the park's history! It just seems strange to me... Maybe I'm totally crazy haha. I just would think they would do something with them other than throw them out.

I have tons of those from 1998-2004 I collected them while I visited and worked at the park I also have a runaway reptar poster and a Nick Central poster,Tomb Raider poster.

Wow seriously? Could you take a picture of the Tomb Raider poster?! Haha. Yall know me. That thing would be the desktop on my computer, no question. And do you have like, multiple copies from 2002, 2003, 2004? Because I'd be more than willing to buy a copy...

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

Oh comeon guys just send them in an envelope and you will be out what like 45 cents? lol I will check to see if I have any lying around.

ryan

*EDIT* Just checked through my drawers with all my 'collection' stuff. I have an '06 CP one but I don't think you would be interested in that. Sorry.

Edited by Maverickfanatic07

I have all kinds from 1998-2004 but sorry I not selling them but if I knew you I would just give you some no charge at all. B)

Haha I understand. (: Thanks anyway. I certainly wouldn't part with them to a complete stranger if I had them, either.

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

So I know I am way late to the party and new to the site but I was just scrolling through the topics and found the map topic and figured I would pass this link on to anyone interested in a old KI map.... Just being helpfull :D

Old KI Map

yeah I did that for many parks that I went too. My greatest find was keeping my 1976 Magic Mountain map showing Great American Revolution as the new addidtion. I'll have to look at my stuff and see what I have. Too much stuff now.

So I know I am way late to the party and new to the site but I was just scrolling through the topics and found the map topic and figured I would pass this link on to anyone interested in a old KI map.... Just being helpfull :D

Old KI Map

I bid on it, but have already been outbid...oh well.

you know i think it would be interesting to see a park map and pictures from 1993 when Paramount first took over the park. i would also love to see pictures of Top Gun when it was brand new. ive never seen pictures or anything of it on its grand opening and ive always thought that would be cool to see, seeing as it was Paramount's first true movie related ride in the park.

Has anyone noticed that on the 2009 map (Kings Island) that Firehawk's double twists do not connect up right making the track flying (inverted or looking at the ground) on the helix but the supports are on the bottom of the tracks so if there was a car on there it would hit the supports and there would be alot of problems that day for Kings Island and Firehawk!

There are a ridiculous amount of inaccuracies on the map. I'm sure the same could be said for most parks. Especially those God awful Cedar Fair style maps that are so cartoon-y. It's difficult to find a ride which is drawn CORRECTLY on those things.

you know i think it would be interesting to see a park map and pictures from 1993 when Paramount first took over the park. i would also love to see pictures of Top Gun when it was brand new. ive never seen pictures or anything of it on its grand opening and ive always thought that would be cool to see, seeing as it was Paramount's first true movie related ride in the park.

Google is a mans best friend... lookie what I find!

http://www.joyrides.com/pki/top_gun.htm

note the 1996 copy right in the top right corner of the pic.