PKIDelirium

Dark Red Steel Track Is Now Arriving At Kings Island!

Oh, I can think of QUITE a few good names that would go with snakes...

Viper, perhaps? I always think of red when I think of those...

Even better... ^_^

Edited by -RockinRoller-

A crocodile! Of course! That actually makes more sense then any other animal... The splashdown and all... Plus, Crocodiles are known for their death rolls (barrel rolls?!)

There are not any inversions.

I still say it's going to be a rabid chihuahua. :P

When I watch the teaser vids, am I hearing gunshots...?

Edited by secondson

Remember you aren't actually naming the track itself... you are naming the trains which give the ride personality.

Like Top Trill Dragster for example... the track isn't a dragster, the train is a dragster.

If the trains are colored right, it could definately be themed to a croc.

Goto this site to see 23 diferent species of crocodilians. http://www.crocodilian.com/

I think snakes are so overused as far as roller coasters. Like, every park has an Anaconda or Viper or Python... I think it's very cliche. It's the new, never-even-considered names like Millennium Force or Maverick that really make a splash (no pun intended.) Plus, Leviathan does mean a huge water-dwelling mythical creature... Aka, a huge crocodile? And people discussed Leviathan being a possible name.

I like the name "Sobek"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

"Sobek (also called Sebek, Sochet, Sobk, Sobki, Soknopais, and in Greek, Suchos) was the deification of crocodiles, as crocodiles were deeply feared in the nation so dependent on the Nile River. Egyptians who worked or travelled on the Nile hoped that if they prayed to Sobek, the crocodile god, he would protect them from being attacked by crocodiles. The god Sobek, which was depicted as a crocodile or a man with the head of a crocodile was a powerful and frightening deity; in some Egyptian creation myths, it was Sobek who first came out of the waters of chaos to create the world. As a creator god, he was occasionally linked with the sun god Ra."

What do you guys think?

I got the name from an American crocodile named "Sobek" that I used to care for when I lived in florida and worked at a zoo there.

Remember you aren't actually naming the track itself... you are naming the trains which give the ride personality.

Like Top Trill Dragster for example... the track isn't a dragster, the train is a dragster.

Goto this site to see 23 diferent species of crocodilians. http://www.crocodilian.com/

Actually I could argue that TTD track is a dragster themed track with the alternating red and white sections when you start to make it more of a race theme.

ryan

Actually I could argue that TTD track is a dragster themed track with the alternating red and white sections when you start to make it more of a race theme.

ryan

and the dragster lights

ryan

and the dragster lights

That and the finish line and flags and such. He was refering to the track specifically so that is why I only referenced that.

Great point!

ryan

ryan

The track on dragster is what I would call a race track... I would not call the TRACK a drag car, would you? that is what I am getting at...

ryan

The track on dragster is what I would call a race track... I would not call the TRACK a drag car, would you? that is what I am getting at...

No I would not call the track a drag car. But you have to admit that the color of the track has to go along with the theming or else the whole essence of the ride will not fit.

ryan

A lizard or croc are the best choices, I think. I don't know if lizards chase you though...

They do in the movie Holes! :D

06.jpg

Yellow Spotted Lizards! Ahh!

Edited by -RockinRoller-

I just hope the paint doesnt chip away after a year like Firehawk lol I still couldnt believe it when I went last Tuesday that you could already see the paint fading and chipping away. I could see the ghost of X-Flight's bright green paint coming through hahaha. Then again...who knows what quality of paint they used. Probably the cheap stuff considering they had to slap it together in less than a few months and paint it well enough for opening.