Dark Red Steel Track Is Now Arriving At Kings Island!

I don't remember who said it, but someone said, that it's supposed to come to release at 1:00am???

Well I just got an E-Mail from the website and it says, Wednesday August 6, 2008 2:00pm for this event when they have all the press conferences and such.

got it from kings island park newsletter. Anybody else subscribed to this?

how does rageofturtles get subscribed?

I don't remember who said it, but someone said, that it's supposed to come to release at 1:00am???

Well I just got an E-Mail from the website and it says, Wednesday August 6, 2008 2:00pm for this event when they have all the press conferences and such.

CF, I have heard, has been known to release info like this on their sites, before "officially announcing" it inside the park

I believe it will have to do something with a horse. My friend and I were at the park today and thought up some possible name ideas. I said "Stallion", he said "Mustang". I think Mustang could be a likely name.

I am sorry but have you seen the teaser website? I just don't think that it will be a horse after the pictures they have on there and such.

I hope this doesn't come off as mean I just thought I would point that out in case you hadn't seen the site.

ryan

No, I don't know about this teaser site. Where can I find it?

Edited by Corkscrew
Oh, I can think of QUITE a few good names that would go with snakes...

Viper, perhaps? I always think of red when I think of those...

Even better... ^_^

Edited by -RockinRoller-

Remember you aren't actually naming the track itself... you are naming the trains which give the ride personality.

Like Top Trill Dragster for example... the track isn't a dragster, the train is a dragster.

If the trains are colored right, it could definately be themed to a croc.

Goto this site to see 23 diferent species of crocodilians. http://www.crocodilian.com/

I think snakes are so overused as far as roller coasters. Like, every park has an Anaconda or Viper or Python... I think it's very cliche. It's the new, never-even-considered names like Millennium Force or Maverick that really make a splash (no pun intended.) Plus, Leviathan does mean a huge water-dwelling mythical creature... Aka, a huge crocodile? And people discussed Leviathan being a possible name.

I like the name "Sobek"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sobek

"Sobek (also called Sebek, Sochet, Sobk, Sobki, Soknopais, and in Greek, Suchos) was the deification of crocodiles, as crocodiles were deeply feared in the nation so dependent on the Nile River. Egyptians who worked or travelled on the Nile hoped that if they prayed to Sobek, the crocodile god, he would protect them from being attacked by crocodiles. The god Sobek, which was depicted as a crocodile or a man with the head of a crocodile was a powerful and frightening deity; in some Egyptian creation myths, it was Sobek who first came out of the waters of chaos to create the world. As a creator god, he was occasionally linked with the sun god Ra."

What do you guys think?

I got the name from an American crocodile named "Sobek" that I used to care for when I lived in florida and worked at a zoo there.

Remember you aren't actually naming the track itself... you are naming the trains which give the ride personality.

Like Top Trill Dragster for example... the track isn't a dragster, the train is a dragster.

Goto this site to see 23 diferent species of crocodilians. http://www.crocodilian.com/

Actually I could argue that TTD track is a dragster themed track with the alternating red and white sections when you start to make it more of a race theme.

ryan

Actually I could argue that TTD track is a dragster themed track with the alternating red and white sections when you start to make it more of a race theme.

ryan

and the dragster lights

ryan

and the dragster lights

That and the finish line and flags and such. He was refering to the track specifically so that is why I only referenced that.

Great point!

ryan

ryan

The track on dragster is what I would call a race track... I would not call the TRACK a drag car, would you? that is what I am getting at...

ryan

The track on dragster is what I would call a race track... I would not call the TRACK a drag car, would you? that is what I am getting at...

No I would not call the track a drag car. But you have to admit that the color of the track has to go along with the theming or else the whole essence of the ride will not fit.

ryan

A lizard or croc are the best choices, I think. I don't know if lizards chase you though...

They do in the movie Holes! :D

06.jpg

Yellow Spotted Lizards! Ahh!

Edited by -RockinRoller-