PKIDelirium

Dark Red Steel Track Is Now Arriving At Kings Island!

I think he's saying the theme of the ride (if its a "lizard") won't be blended into Rivertown, much like a certain tomb....

Which just goes to show Paramount was equally crappy (if not worse) at making sure new rides "blend in with the surrounding theme." In fact, with the exception of Nick U, I'd say Paramount has done a horrible job. Adventure Express in Octoberfest? Tomb Raider in Rivertown? Flight of Fear in Coney Mall? Paramount was horrible at maintaining the theme of an area so don't go acting like Cedar Fair's purchase of the park has ushered in an era of mismatched themes. That kind of thing had been happening in the park long before Cedar Fair arrived.

Adventure Express was not Paramount.

Lizards live in the desert... The wild west is in the desert... It does match guys.

Flight of Fear in Coney Mall

This one made sense to me. Seeing as how many other rides in Coney have had a "space" type theme.

Zephyr

Halley's Comet

Vortex

Skylab

Zodiac

Kings Dominion, of course, doesn't have a Rivertown, but rather a "Congo" area. Assuming that Kings Island's "Rivertown" is the equivalent of Kings Dominion's "Congo" area (slightly modified to allow for "The Beast"), then it may not be a lizard, but rather, a snake? After all, Anaconda is a roller coaster at Kings Dominion, and it's in the same land as their "Tomb Raider" ride... So it would make sense if it's a snake. Plus the website has people running (it's a common fear), something moving quickly through the desert (where snakes live) and something moving through the forest (where snakes live.) So it's feasible that it's a snake in the crate and the ride will be called "Boa" or something...

Snakes don't generally chase after you when you're running.

And the whole thing about theming doesn't matter to me. Maybe the trend should be to simply have themed rides, instead of themed areas in a park...? That way you could basically put whatever you want wherever you want.

I think he's saying the theme of the ride (if its a "lizard") won't be blended into Rivertown, much like a certain tomb....

Which just goes to show Paramount was equally crappy (if not worse) at making sure new rides "blend in with the surrounding theme." In fact, with the exception of Nick U, I'd say Paramount has done a horrible job. Adventure Express in Octoberfest? Tomb Raider in Rivertown? Flight of Fear in Coney Mall? Paramount was horrible at maintaining the theme of an area so don't go acting like Cedar Fair's purchase of the park has ushered in an era of mismatched themes. That kind of thing had been happening in the park long before Cedar Fair arrived.

Adventure Express was not Paramount.

Lizards live in the desert... The wild west is in the desert... It does match guys.

Thats the point though RiverTown isn't "wild west". It's supposed to be an early settlement on the Ohio River hints why the train's station is called Losantiville. So a desert lizard wouldn't really fit. Although i do remember a long time ago when constuction on the ride first started, ThrillKiller said that Rivertown might be getting rethemed to more of an Adventure theme.... So who knows?

He said tropical the first time then he said he meant more like adventure?....MAybe I just missed the part where he said he was completely joking.....

Tell that to the 6 foot black snake that chased me around my house for 2 laps when I was 5 years old

:lol:

I hope that was a pet that escaped because I don't know if I would want to live in an area that had random 6 foot snakes slithering about...scare the poop out of me. :blink:

Tell that to the 6 foot black snake that chased me around my house for 2 laps when I was 5 years old

That's because you were a little runt to him. A tasty snack! :lol:

But you know what I mean. They will hiss at you and attempt to strike if you get too close or bother them. But if you run away, they aren't going to kick into high gear and track you down.

Personally, I think this whole coaster is going to be about a rabid chihuahua that is deformed (thus the scales and slit eyes)...kinda like the world's ugliest dog....and after being locked away in a crate for days on end, with no food, he strikes back and hunts you down. :D I can hear the little yapper now as he's chasing you through the woods. He will even dive into the water after you before you finally make it back to safety.

I hope that was a pet that escaped because I don't know if I would want to live in an area that had random 6 foot snakes slithering about...scare the poop out of me. :blink:

I see an average of one snake every other year where I live. Normally, they are black snakes. It is rare, thank god, to see a copperhead but they are common. I have never had a snake chase after me, but then again, I never looked back to see.

Roller "The only snake I go near is KD's Anaconda" Nut

I don't mean a snake, I mean a SNAKE. Like, 400 foot long Sci-Fi channel snake! Hahhaa. But I can see that fitting into Rivertown. It wasn't even that out of place. It's less of an Ohio settlement now and it's turned more into a village in the woods. With that being the case, a roller coaster based on a snake fits, an old cave fits, and legends of a beast in the woods fits... Maybe Rivertown should be renamed Adventure Village! Didn't Cedar Fair want to aim for pre-Paramount anyways?

I wish that was a pet now a days. I have no fear of snakes anymore.

Sorry for the triple post....just had another idea. If you go to Wikipedia and type in "Behemoth", it shows a picture titled "Behemoth and Leviathan". I'm wondering if maybe our coaster will be named Leviathan, as a way of striking back at CW's Behemoth...? Of course, a Leviathan didn't live on land. Sooooooooooo.....

I don't know, just a weird idea in my head.

That makes sense I read what Leviathan is and it is a Biblical sea monster referred to in the Old Testament. That leads me to believe when they call this The Rivertown Project I think Kings Island has gone with the theme of Alien like creatures for that area I mean look the Crypt a huge bat looking thing. This could get interesting.

^You didn't have to add a new post each time you thought of something new. You could have just edited your old post and added in your new thoughts, just some helpful advice! ;)

You're absolutely right, friend. I stand corrected. ;)