Dark Red Steel Track Is Now Arriving At Kings Island!

I think he's saying the theme of the ride (if its a "lizard") won't be blended into Rivertown, much like a certain tomb....

Which just goes to show Paramount was equally crappy (if not worse) at making sure new rides "blend in with the surrounding theme." In fact, with the exception of Nick U, I'd say Paramount has done a horrible job. Adventure Express in Octoberfest? Tomb Raider in Rivertown? Flight of Fear in Coney Mall? Paramount was horrible at maintaining the theme of an area so don't go acting like Cedar Fair's purchase of the park has ushered in an era of mismatched themes. That kind of thing had been happening in the park long before Cedar Fair arrived.

Adventure Express was not Paramount.

Lizards live in the desert... The wild west is in the desert... It does match guys.

Thats the point though RiverTown isn't "wild west". It's supposed to be an early settlement on the Ohio River hints why the train's station is called Losantiville. So a desert lizard wouldn't really fit. Although i do remember a long time ago when constuction on the ride first started, ThrillKiller said that Rivertown might be getting rethemed to more of an Adventure theme.... So who knows?

Snakes don't generally chase after you when you're running.

Tell that to the 6 foot black snake that chased me around my house for 2 laps when I was 5 years old

:lol:

I hope that was a pet that escaped because I don't know if I would want to live in an area that had random 6 foot snakes slithering about...scare the poop out of me. :blink:

Tell that to the 6 foot black snake that chased me around my house for 2 laps when I was 5 years old

That's because you were a little runt to him. A tasty snack! :lol:

But you know what I mean. They will hiss at you and attempt to strike if you get too close or bother them. But if you run away, they aren't going to kick into high gear and track you down.

Personally, I think this whole coaster is going to be about a rabid chihuahua that is deformed (thus the scales and slit eyes)...kinda like the world's ugliest dog....and after being locked away in a crate for days on end, with no food, he strikes back and hunts you down. :D I can hear the little yapper now as he's chasing you through the woods. He will even dive into the water after you before you finally make it back to safety.

I hope that was a pet that escaped because I don't know if I would want to live in an area that had random 6 foot snakes slithering about...scare the poop out of me. :blink:

I see an average of one snake every other year where I live. Normally, they are black snakes. It is rare, thank god, to see a copperhead but they are common. I have never had a snake chase after me, but then again, I never looked back to see.

Roller "The only snake I go near is KD's Anaconda" Nut

I don't mean a snake, I mean a SNAKE. Like, 400 foot long Sci-Fi channel snake! Hahhaa. But I can see that fitting into Rivertown. It wasn't even that out of place. It's less of an Ohio settlement now and it's turned more into a village in the woods. With that being the case, a roller coaster based on a snake fits, an old cave fits, and legends of a beast in the woods fits... Maybe Rivertown should be renamed Adventure Village! Didn't Cedar Fair want to aim for pre-Paramount anyways?

I wish that was a pet now a days. I have no fear of snakes anymore.

Sorry for the triple post....just had another idea. If you go to Wikipedia and type in "Behemoth", it shows a picture titled "Behemoth and Leviathan". I'm wondering if maybe our coaster will be named Leviathan, as a way of striking back at CW's Behemoth...? Of course, a Leviathan didn't live on land. Sooooooooooo.....

I don't know, just a weird idea in my head.

That makes sense I read what Leviathan is and it is a Biblical sea monster referred to in the Old Testament. That leads me to believe when they call this The Rivertown Project I think Kings Island has gone with the theme of Alien like creatures for that area I mean look the Crypt a huge bat looking thing. This could get interesting.

I believe it will have to do something with a horse. My friend and I were at the park today and thought up some possible name ideas. I said "Stallion", he said "Mustang". I think Mustang could be a likely name.

I am sorry but have you seen the teaser website? I just don't think that it will be a horse after the pictures they have on there and such.

I hope this doesn't come off as mean I just thought I would point that out in case you hadn't seen the site.

ryan

I believe it will have to do something with a horse. My friend and I were at the park today and thought up some possible name ideas. I said "Stallion", he said "Mustang". I think Mustang could be a likely name.

Please tell me that you and your friend aren't planning on taking credit for those names?

Vortex is one of KI's showcase attractions and it isn't going anywhere. Being my first looping coaster I have a soft spot for it, and although I have been other steel coasters that have topped it, it is still one of my favorites at Kings Island. It has also proved to be one of the most reliable coasters there, I can't think of one time in the 21 years I have been going to KI where Vortex wasn't working. It's a KI classic and its only rival in my opinion is Loch Ness Monster at BG:E. However, Vortex delivers a faster and more exciting ride.

Now that I think of it Your state ment is correct. I never have ever seen vortex broken down. Working 10-10.

I think Mustang is a cool name. B)

Vortex is one of KI's showcase attractions and it isn't going anywhere. Being my first looping coaster I have a soft spot for it, and although I have been other steel coasters that have topped it, it is still one of my favorites at Kings Island. It has also proved to be one of the most reliable coasters there, I can't think of one time in the 21 years I have been going to KI where Vortex wasn't working. It's a KI classic and its only rival in my opinion is Loch Ness Monster at BG:E. However, Vortex delivers a faster and more exciting ride.

Now that I think of it Your state ment is correct. I never have ever seen vortex broken down. Working 10-10.

I think Mustang is a cool name. B)

How did those quotes pertain to the name Mustang? :huh:

Just got an E-mail from KI 8.6.08 is when they will let press and public know what this beast is I think its a man eating gator or a killer croc.I will be at the park that day and I will get some pictures and other goodies.

I was thinking the same thing, because I looked up the largest reptile earlier today, and it said it was a species of Crocodile. Then I looked up a pic of a crocodile's eye to compare it to Kings Islands "teaser eye", and it looks almost exactly the same! But then, after I remembered "red track" I changed my mind, because why would a ride themed after a crocodile have red track...

Edited by kjkjkj

I don't remember who said it, but someone said, that it's supposed to come to release at 1:00am???

Well I just got an E-Mail from the website and it says, Wednesday August 6, 2008 2:00pm for this event when they have all the press conferences and such.

got it from kings island park newsletter. Anybody else subscribed to this?