PKIDelirium

Dark Red Steel Track Is Now Arriving At Kings Island!

The first sections of dark red steel coaster track were delivered to the Kings Island construction site today, and KIExtreme.com is the first to bring you photo coverage of the new arrivals!

The three sections of track are sitting in the former Swan Lake area. One is near the idle Back Porch Stage, while the other two are sitting near the closed Paradise Island food stand. Also near Paradise Island is a new stack of red steel material, which appears to be either wiring conduit or railings.

In addition, The Crypt's entrance and exit have now been rerouted, and even more concrete footers are being drilled in close proximity to the railroad tracks.

To see the exclusive photos from today, just CLICK HERE!

A teaser page for Project 2009 has now gone live on Kings Island's official site. See it here: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attractions/newfor09.cfm

For the latest news and updates when you're away from your computer, sign up for KIExtreme.com Mobile News Alerts! For information on this new service, just CLICK HERE!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! YES!!! AMAZING!!! YEAH!!!!

And I love the coaster's color!

I'll leave the rest of the comment for the Official Thread though...

:)

According to their countdown... their going to announce the ride at 1AM... why? Or is it that KI has their website hosted somewhere in the central time zone.... in which case someone didn't check their website too thoroughly... :P

Edit: From checking the IP of the server... it's located in Charlotte NC... EDT time zone...

Edited by Hendrick

WOW! That is so cool! The color of the track reminds me of The floorless batman ride at Six Flags New England.

Actually, it looks more like Daemonen in Denmark.

It's different track. The Australia Dive Machine track is still at the plant, and is larger than our track.

Yeah now that I take a better look at the pics I got and the ones Batavia are a lighter shade red.

So... Based on the website, I'm guessing it's not an Iron Stallion? Hahha... A desert-scape with a lizard eye... Perfect for Rivertown. :rolleyes: Please observe my old posts in which I say "You all are so glad to get rid of Paramount in favor of Cedar Fair just because they have big rides. But they sacrafice all themeing for the sake of the ride size." I specifically say "So yeah, you're going to get a big coaster, but it will be plopped down in the middle of Rivertown with no regard to Rivertown's theme, and it will be an eyesore that is in no way blended into the area."

(: A big steel lizard screaming through Rivertown. Great! Haha. Let's hope this goes somewhere good. ^_^

The first sections of dark red steel coaster track were delivered to the Kings Island construction site today, and KIExtreme.com is the first to bring you photo coverage of the new arrivals!

The three sections of track are sitting in the former Swan Lake area. One is near the idle Back Porch Stage, while the other two are sitting near the closed Paradise Island food stand. Also near Paradise Island is a new stack of red steel material, which appears to be either wiring conduit or railings.

In addition, The Crypt's entrance and exit have now been rerouted, and even more concrete footers are being drilled in close proximity to the railroad tracks.

To see the exclusive photos from today, just CLICK HERE!

A teaser page for Project 2009 has now gone live on Kings Island's official site. See it here: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attractions/newfor09.cfm

For the latest news and updates when you're away from your computer, sign up for KIExtreme.com Mobile News Alerts! For information on this new service, just CLICK HERE!

So whats going on with that link??

Im guessing its not a western theme anymore since they got a dragon of some sort.

When I read the article and it mentioned that the entrance and exit of The Crypt was moved, I thought this is probably going to be part of the entrance and exit of the new mystey ride they are building. :)

I'm guessing it's temporary for the construction, here's what they've done. Sorry for the clarity of these photos, I was in a hurry.

img6462cn6.jpg

The greeter position and entrance is now right at the cave. The exit comes out right next to it.

img6488mo3.jpg

The exit now is routed over into the backmost lane of the outdoor queue maze, and then out through what is normally part of the entrance.

The regular entrance and exit are fenced off as seen here:

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5450

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-5449

So... Based on the website, I'm guessing it's not an Iron Stallion? Hahha... A desert-scape with a lizard eye... Perfect for Rivertown. :rolleyes: Please observe my old posts in which I say "You all are so glad to get rid of Paramount in favor of Cedar Fair just because they have big rides. But they sacrafice all themeing for the sake of the ride size." I specifically say "So yeah, you're going to get a big coaster, but it will be plopped down in the middle of Rivertown with no regard to Rivertown's theme, and it will be an eyesore that is in no way blended into the area."

(: A big steel lizard screaming through Rivertown. Great! Haha. Let's hope this goes somewhere good. ^_^

So yeah...what did The Bat have to do with Coney Mall? What did Phantom Theater have to do with HB Land? If I cared soooo much about theming than I wouldn't even go to Kings Island...I would spend all my money at Disney or Universal. I'm not going to say all of Cedar Fair's decisions are the best, but in this matter who really gives a crap?

By the way, how do you "blend" a 200 foot tall steel structure into ANY park? "Let's put a bunch of shrubs in front of it and paint the coaster green to match the surroundings." Yeah, Vortex really blends into the scenery with it's dark blue and orange track.

Anyways, I know it's just your opinion but seriously get over it. I don't think many people standing in line for this coaster are going to be thinking..."that red track really doesn't match well with the color scheme of Rivertown."

I have to agree with Futant in his earlier post on this one.

And to tell you the truth recently Cedar Fair has really done a better job with the whole themeing aspect of the park. I mean they did a decent job with TTD and the race to the sky deal. Then when they brought in Maverick they did an excelent job themeing that to be apart of the wooded area and such in that area of the park.

From the look of the design of the station it looks like they are going to do the same kind of deal with this coaster in the rivertown area of KI. I mean they did a good job with continuing the whole X-base deal when they brought in Firehawk didn't they?

Ryan

Kings Dominion, of course, doesn't have a Rivertown, but rather a "Congo" area. Assuming that Kings Island's "Rivertown" is the equivalent of Kings Dominion's "Congo" area (slightly modified to allow for "The Beast"), then it may not be a lizard, but rather, a snake? After all, Anaconda is a roller coaster at Kings Dominion, and it's in the same land as their "Tomb Raider" ride... So it would make sense if it's a snake. Plus the website has people running (it's a common fear), something moving quickly through the desert (where snakes live) and something moving through the forest (where snakes live.) So it's feasible that it's a snake in the crate and the ride will be called "Boa" or something...

I think he's saying the theme of the ride (if its a "lizard") won't be blended into Rivertown, much like a certain tomb....

Which just goes to show Paramount was equally crappy (if not worse) at making sure new rides "blend in with the surrounding theme." In fact, with the exception of Nick U, I'd say Paramount has done a horrible job. Adventure Express in Octoberfest? Tomb Raider in Rivertown? Flight of Fear in Coney Mall? Paramount was horrible at maintaining the theme of an area so don't go acting like Cedar Fair's purchase of the park has ushered in an era of mismatched themes. That kind of thing had been happening in the park long before Cedar Fair arrived.