Sign in to follow this  
calakapepe

Unused space.

THis is sort of random, but Hersheypark's main entrance area, a German village, has buildings that are themed all around. No facades like Kings Island. I wish we would duplicate what they did.

East of the park they could expand closer to the river beyond the racer/flight of fear/firehawk.

As you become closer to the river on the east end of the park, the terrain becomes very rugged and would be very difficult to build on.

We just know theres a lot of unused space.

~700 (Total acreage originally owned by Paramount) minus, 39 (Great Wolf Lodge) minus 365 (Kings Island Park) = ~300 (Amount left.)

So we have a little more than half of the land, that could make a great park, but it'd be a pain in the butt to walk...

I'm pretty sure Kings Island also owns the golf course across 71 from the park. I dont remember where i read/heard that so I could be wrong, but that is also a large amount of land that would be kind of hard to connect to the rest of the park if they wanted to develop it.

I'm pretty sure Kings Island also owns the golf course across 71 from the park. I dont remember where i read/heard that so I could be wrong, but that is also a large amount of land that would be kind of hard to connect to the rest of the park if they wanted to develop it.

You would be wrong...

The Bruin Course is owned by Tennis for Charity and Great American Insurance Co. owns the Grizzly course.

We just know theres a lot of unused space.

~700 (Total acreage originally owned by Paramount) minus, 39 (Great Wolf Lodge) minus 365 (Kings Island Park) = ~300 (Amount left.)

Kings Island is just slightly over 600 acres now....developed or not. It is not 665....

Kings Island has only used half of the land it owns, anyway. They own 775 acres and have used somewhere around 360, I believe... Point is, they have room for more. Perhaps a second park? Make it a resort? You never know.

How about MORE parking spaces closer to the gate? Perhaps a second entrance into the main park?

This would certainly cut down on the mile and a half walk from your car to the gates! LOL!

Just my 2 cents worth...

I would like to see another woodie within the next five years after Diamondback's debut. I don't want just a normal one though. My wife was terrified to ride The Beast with me yesterday due to the feeling that the car was going to shake off the track. She prefers the ride of steel so I'm imagining something like El Toro with pre-fabricated track pieces. That would be something different at the park. It could still draw fans of the wooden rides and possibly draw people who wouldn't normally ride something like that. I would prefer more of a twisting design rather than an out and back though.

It wouldn't even have to be monstrous since KI already has two of the biggest woodies in the world. Maybe it could be sandwiched in somewhere around Firehawk behind the Racer.

How often is Timberwolf (is it still even called that?) used? Could a new coaster in that location draw enough money to replace it's income?

How often is Timberwolf (is it still even called that?) used? Could a new coaster in that location draw enough money to replace it's income?

I doubt it, Timberwolf still brings in some big acts and crowds. Plus, the park benefits from a majority of the concert go-ers going to the park during the day and spending lots of money before attending the concert itself.

I would like to see another woodie within the next five years after Diamondback's debut. I don't want just a normal one though. My wife was terrified to ride The Beast with me yesterday due to the feeling that the car was going to shake off the track. She prefers the ride of steel so I'm imagining something like El Toro with pre-fabricated track pieces. That would be something different at the park. It could still draw fans of the wooden rides and possibly draw people who wouldn't normally ride something like that. I would prefer more of a twisting design rather than an out and back though.

It wouldn't even have to be monstrous since KI already has two of the biggest woodies in the world. Maybe it could be sandwiched in somewhere around Firehawk behind the Racer.

I disagree. Like you said KI allready has two of the biggest and best woodies in the world. Why do we need more?

IMO one of the main reasons why when I can only make the trip to one park a year I go to CP instead of KI is because of the lack of amazing steel coasters.

Sure KI has vortex, FoF, and Firehawk but other than that in terms of steel they don't have any big steel rides. Rides that you cannot get that kind of thrill anywhere else. This is exactly what Diamondback is bringing. I would really like to see a nice inverted coaster go in or some kind of launcher like Stormrunner.

ryan

I'm just a big fan of the woodies and it seems like that's what KI is known for aside from the family park aspect. I understand what you're saying though. There are a couple of steel rides I would like to see also. One would be something similar to Xcelerator. Another posibility would be something similar to Scream!.

What we could use is a wingwalker (Furius Baco). They could get rid of Thunder Alley and make it snake around SOB and AE.

Or they could just put a floorless B&M there?

C'mon, Thunder Alley doesn't really attract that much people.

What we could use is a wingwalker (Furius Baco). They could get rid of Thunder Alley and make it snake around SOB and AE.

I like the idea! I had one very similar, only instead of a wingwalker (although that would be awesome!) i was thinking an Intamin Accelerator like Speed Monster and Desert Race combined. And small compact B&M floorless would look good there too!

I like the idea! I had one very similar, only instead of a wingwalker (although that would be awesome!) i was thinking an Intamin Accelerator like Speed Monster and Desert Race combined. And small compact B&M floorless would look good there too!

Heck yes!! :D

Actually, an Intamin in gerneral would be amazing!

Idk if you(angrybeaver) saw my post about tearing down Face/Off and putting a Strata coaster right along the tree line and head towards Great Wolf Lodge. But people were saying that they wanted it like Top Thrill, so people can watch it take off, and not like Kingda Ka, where you can't watch them launch.

They could take down Congo Falls and possibly Timberwolf, so that way people can watch.

If KI got an Intamin Stratacoaster, I could see Cedar Fair trying to make it big enough to create competition between CP and KI by making it taller than Kingda Ka and adding some sort of element never seen on a Stratacoaster before... how about the world's biggest loop? They could have the magnetic brakes start about 3/4 of the way through the loop. I'd ride that.