Sign in to follow this  
calakapepe

Unused space.

I'm not sure if this should go in rumor section or new attractions so....

Well, I've noticed that Kings Island, where the old west entertainment used to be, when you would ride the train, that there's actually a relatively good amount of space back there. Also that the plans, if they are real, don't actually go over top most of it anyways. Don't you think that they could make a bunch of great flat rides there?

They could I guess, but I doubt they ever will. They really need to do something with the Vortex End of Coney mall it looks abandon. And removing Days of Thunder would be a very nice location for possibly a small coaster or nice sized flat.

I know, I guess it's good memories for people that actually were at kings island to view it. I heard it was very entertaining. But what would you suggest they do with the end of coney mall

Kings Island has only used half of the land it owns, anyway. They own 775 acres and have used somewhere around 360, I believe... Point is, they have room for more. Perhaps a second park? Make it a resort? You never know.

Well they have three unused building in a row and have been the last couple years.

Old Coney Potato Works, Flight Commander +(Bungee Jump), Lazertag (360 Showplace)

Thats a good location for a couple flats I guess.

Kings Island has only used half of the land it owns, anyway. They own 775 acres and have used somewhere around 360, I believe... Point is, they have room for more. Perhaps a second park? Make it a resort? You never know.

They do not own that much land. They own slightly over 600 acres. Mr. Lindner did not sell all of the land to Paramount, and Paramount sold part of its holdings to Great Wolf Lodge.

I heard on the discovery channel on america'a top ten coaster a few years ago, when they showed son of beast and beast it said that they bought 700 some acres. I'd guess 750

I'm sure KI has enough unused land that they could add a whole new section complete with shops/restaurants, flat rides and several new coasters - not to mention they could probably still fit in another coaster next to SOB if they want. OR...they could just tear down SOB and have room for a new woodie and a steel coaster.

Well they have three unused building in a row and have been the last couple years.

Old Coney Potato Works, Flight Commander +(Bungee Jump), Lazertag (360 Showplace)

Thats a good location for a couple flats I guess.

Yeah, they could use something in the old Flight Commander area. I mean, the line is still chillin' out there doing NOTHING. I hereby declare that HUSS needs to put in another flat ride. *coughtopspincough* :lol:

Okay, before all you sensible shoot me down in flames, I'm aware that there's a 1 in 18567421584 chance that a theme park would buy two top spins. Gosh, people, just KILL my optimism, why dontcha? <_< lol. :lol:

I'm sure KI has enough unused land that they could add a whole new section complete with shops/restaurants, flat rides and several new coasters - not to mention they could probably still fit in another coaster next to SOB if they want. OR...they could just tear down SOB and have room for a new woodie and a steel coaster.

Heck no. Son of Beast is WAAAY too popular right now for them to tear it down. There's a 45 minute wait for it on a good day! But they DO need something in that giant empty field behind it- maybe another section of the park with a nice collection of flat rides?

I heard on the discovery channel on america'a top ten coaster a few years ago, when they showed son of beast and beast it said that they bought 700 some acres. I'd guess 750

They did not purchase land, they owned all the land SOB sits on. That land was previously used for a very large portion of the former Wild Animal Habitat monorail ride. The park in fact sold off some land to Great Wolf when they built the lodge. Originally then park spokesperson Jeffery Seibert claimed that the park would be building a newer campground in an area behind Son of Beast with modern ammenitties similar to that of Carowinds but those plans never came to fruition.

OR...they could just tear down SOB and have room for a new woodie

Fine with me, they need to set up a new coaster with The Gravity Group within the next few years IMHO.

OR...they could just tear down SOB and have room for a new woodie

Fine with me, they need to set up a new coaster with The Gravity Group within the next few years IMHO.

Absolutely! I'm with you 100% there! Either Gravity Group or GCI. Beast is fine - it's a classic. But we really need a decent wooden twister. How about something along the lines of Gwazi or Thunderhead? I'd take that over SOB any day.

I say along the lines of Voyage, we need a wooden coaster with a lot of airtime, but still giving you the twister feeling and still not about to break your back like SOB.

If you want to see what kind of space Kings Island has left go to google maps and look around. The photos are old because there is no Backlot Stunt Coaster, Delirium, or Firehawk, but you still get a good idea of the space they have left.

There is a good amount of land south of Boomerang Bay and even farther south than where the new ride is going to run (based on the rumored blueprints). They could probably expand an entire new area with a roller coaster and some flat rides if they add a new path or even a new train stop. I dont know how much land they own along Kings Mill Rd south east of the beast, but there is a lot of undeveloped land there as well. East of the park they could expand closer to the river beyond the racer/flight of fear/firehawk. And of course as other people have pointed out there is a good amount of land cleared just east/north east of the SOB.

Those are just my observations from google maps though and I dont know exactly how much of any of that land they own.

Live Maps has the best view of KI, even though if you try to zoom in really close on the Beast's station and follow the track, the picture changes like 4 times on Bird's Eye view.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I REALLY don't see them getting rid of Son of Beast. It'd be like tearing out Invertigo and/or Drop Tower- they're so popular that the park's rating would plummet. They could put in a nice coaster that goes through those trees at the edge of the park (Father of Beast?) and some flat rides and a restaurant or two and, with proper theming, open up a whole new section, such as Narni (a small Italian town theme, with definite distinction from Oktoberfest, of course).