Sign in to follow this  
The Interpreter

MYSTERY NO MORE--KI BUILDING HYPERCOASTER

Modifying the layout of the Beast would be one of the worst ideas. There is no need to change a classic.

As for a family park vs. a "coaster park", it's what makes Kings Island so unique. I can remember going when I was younger, enjoying the family type rides. Now that I'm older though, I mostly only go for the coasters. Kings Island has a great combination of both, which makes it perfect for both families as well as people who don't have young children. And in a day when gasoline is near $4.00 a gallon which is actually making people travel less, it's in Kings Island best interest to keep that "all in one" style.

Edited by Hendrick

It could be a lot better... Get rid of the trims on the first and second drop. Like you said make a few hills on the "Bridge". and that long straight piece of track before the second lift, replace for something like a triple down.

People give Screamscape a lot of crap, but I got to say they were right on target with this one. Props to them for breaking the news first and consistently bringing the most up-to-date information about the "rumor" coaster... when other sites wouldn't allow such speculations (mainly due to a fear of straining their relationship with the park). I can't wait for the construction of this ride to become more noticeable.

I love the idea about the triple-down on The Beast, calakapepe- in fact, I've had the same idea for the same exact part of the ride. But I guess great minds think alike :lol:

I don't know if it could even be done now or if I would advocate it, and I'm sure many would object to changing it in any way, but I admit I've often thought something different should have been done with the straightaway on the Beast instead of using it as a brake run. Maybe a slight design modification so that there was a curve and a dip - something that makes it a bit more interesting.

I have to side with the guys who say 'don't cange it'. IMO changing the Beast would be like changing the Racers (more than just the paint scheme). If they were to change the Beast I think that should be enough to revoke the ACE Coaster Classic title because it is not the same ride anymore. It has been the same ride since it opened, with the exception of the breaks on the hills (which I would not mind see them leaving), and I think changing up the track would not be cool in my book at all.

thats my opinion and I am sticking to it. :D

ryan

"Don't fix what ain't broke."

Going by the mindset "Why when you can make it better?"... what can't be made better? There is always going to be one thing in every ride that someone hates. If my opinion counts, I have fond memories of that break shed... it was the first time I ever actually enjoyed the ride.

Theres no reason to change it, and it would be a horrible idea if they did. When was the last time that a ride with a high ridership was heavily modified, for a reason that didn't deal with safety or maintenance? Theres a reason it doesn't happen every day.

of course it could be done, Boulder Dash got a new ending in there ride not too long ago.

I'm sure structurally something could be done to change the coaster's layout, but how would it affect the rest of the ride? For example, would it significantly change the coaster's speed? I'm not sure I advocate actually doing it anyway. I'm just saying if it were 30 years ago and they were still designing it, there are changes I would have made.

I have to side with the guys who say 'don't cange it'. IMO changing the Beast would be like changing the Racers (more than just the paint scheme). If they were to change the Beast I think that should be enough to revoke the ACE Coaster Classic title because it is not the same ride anymore. It has been the same ride since it opened, with the exception of the breaks on the hills (which I would not mind see them leaving), and I think changing up the track would not be cool in my book at all.

thats my opinion and I am sticking to it. :D

ryan

It's all good, Ryan. ;) You made a point I hadn't even thought about with respect to the ACE title.

^

Most likely, a reporter filed a freedom of information act request on the right day. I just can't flippin' wait for the press release so that we can see the artist renderings.

Or an animation POV. Shouldn't this be in the Official Rivertown Construction thread, since it doesn't really have much to do with the first thing posted in here?

What do you guys think the color scheme will be?

Or an animation POV. Shouldn't this be in the Official Rivertown Construction thread, since it doesn't really have much to do with the first thing posted in here?

I want a light brown track with maroon supports or the other way around. I wouldn't mind yellow-ish supports either.

I'd like to see white supports with teal blue track. BUT....since it's primarily in Rivertown, it will probably be earth tones. Maybe brown supports with beige track.

Edited by secondson

Hmm, guys listen too this part that many probably overread.

The plans show that the coaster will be just under a mile long

I believe the coaster is going too be longer than 4200 ft.

^ Not really sure about that but I think there is one. Nope there is not but that would be cool.

Edited by FireHawk51560