Sign in to follow this  
firehawkboy

Quick question about our new ride.

And I know its a retarded one to ask but...

Will our B&M be the tallest and fastest one ever built??

I really really hope so, because KI is known for record breakers, so it would make sense if it was the tallest and fastest B&M.

Help??

IF it is a B and M coaster that is being built, it is highly unlikely that it will be the tallest or fastest. The tallest B and M is Millennium Force at Cedar Point at 310 feet...the fastest is also Millennium Force at 93 mph. From a cost standpoint alone, given the current price of steel and Cedar Fair's financial condition, I cannot imagine Cedar Fair building a the tallest or fastest B and M coaster at Kings Island, or even anywhere else right now....

IF it is a B and M coaster that is being built, it is highly unlikely that it will be the tallest or fastest. The tallest B and M is Millennium Force at Cedar Point at 310 feet...the fastest is also Millennium Force at 93 mph. From a cost standpoint alone, given the current price of steel and Cedar Fair's financial condition, I cannot imagine Cedar Fair building a the tallest or fastest B and M coaster at Kings Island, or even anywhere else right now....

Millennium Force is Intamin AG. Silver Star at Europa Park is the tallest B&M coaster weighing in at 239 feet.

And I know its a retarded one to ask but...

Will our B&M be the tallest and fastest one ever built??

I really really hope so, because KI is known for record breakers, so it would make sense if it was the tallest and fastest B&M.

Help??

well rumor does state that it will be 225 ft :insane: but i'm sure Behemoth is 230

Edited by Firehawk Fanatic

as long as its over 200 im happy

i couldn't agree more with you. I dont why parks waste there money on those strata coasters that are only a 25 second ride. I think that the voyage at holiday world is twice the ride top thrill dragster is and it cost like 6,000,000 instead of 25,000,000 million like top thrill dragster.

I have heard rumors that while the overall height may not be the tallest, it may have the longest drop of a B&M coaster. The ride may make use of the natural valleys back in the area behinf The Crypt, which I hear are rather deep. Building into the valleys would keep cost down since the supports wouldn't be all that tall, yet allow the ride to have a longer drop that it is high (a la Beast).

For the record, can anyone confirm just how deep some of these canyons are, and could the ride potentially dip into them a good distance?

Edited by DiSab

Providing there are no extra really high drops, does anyone care to place any bets now on how many trim brakes will be installed. My current prediction is three, and at least one that is a ride-killing one. Reasons for my prediction...see Beast, Racer, Flight of Fear, Son of Beast, Beastie, and Vortex.

Providing there are no extra really high drops, does anyone care to place any bets now on how many trim brakes will be installed. My current prediction is three, and at least one that is a ride-killing one. Reasons for my prediction...see Beast, Racer, Flight of Fear, Son of Beast, Beastie, and Vortex.

I'm willing to bet one, just one, excluding a mid course brake run. By the way, aside from their mid course brake runs; Vortex, Beastie, and Flight of Fear do not have trim brakes. Son of Beast has a trim brake installed at the top of the 70 degree banking before the trains enter the double helix but it has never been used.

Edited by Dr. Steve Brule

Speaking of trim brakes... What the heck was cedar point thinking when they installed FRICTION brakes on the Mean Streak drop instead of magnetic brakes like on the beast?

They used friction brakes because the trims were installed back in '92, a year after MS was built. I don't think magnetic brakes were readily used back then. Also, the magnetic trims on the Beast were put in within the past few years, and were also installed when the 'Mount still ran the show.

They used friction brakes because the trims were installed back in '92, a year after MS was built. I don't think magnetic brakes were readily used back then. Also, the magnetic trims on the Beast were put in within the past few years, and were also installed when the 'Mount still ran the show.
I agree..it is HIGHLY unlikely to find magnetic trims placed on a ride before 1990.