meyerhaus

Your top 3 defunct rides

Here are mine:

1. King Cobra
  2. Smurf Boat Ride
  3. Backward's Racer

I was not around for The Bat, but I understand that it was a great ride, for its time. Here are my honorable mentions (mostly from childhood):

1. Jabber Jaw ride
  2. Spinning Cauldrons
  3. Scrappy Do's Slide
  4. Flight Commander

It was a short, one car suspened ride where you were loaded, vertically hoisted in a structure, then released for a short ride in a sort of suspended mini coaster. It's lines were horrible due to the 1"bat" they would send and in my opinion the ride was mediocre.

-Flying Eagles

-King Cobra

-Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal

Honorable Mentions:

-Phantom Theatre

-Smurf Ride

-Antique Cars

-KI&MV Railroad prior to the opening of Waterworks

-Sunshine Turnpike

-Fast Tracks

paramountparks7ththeatern1.jpg

Paramount's Kings Island to Feature Cyberspace Adventure in 3-D

Cincinatti, OH -- Paramount's Kings Island will present 7th Portal, a 3-D experience unlike any other in the Midwest for the 2001 season. This new, action packed film and motion spectacular will be presented in the Paramount Action FX Theatre in the Coney Mall area of the park.

7th Portal, a 3-D ride simulator adventure for the digital generation was created by Stan Lee, the legendary co-creator of Spider-Man, X-Mane and the Incredible Hulk. The film combines precise computer animation and state-of-the-art motion simulation technology.

In the film riders wearing 3-D glasses will be transported across cyberspace to Darkmoor, the most dangerous universe of all. You'll battle villains in an effort to return safely to life, as we know it. It's a classic tale of good versus evil set in the world of Internet gaming.

Riders wearing 3-D glasses will live the 7th Portal adventure as their motion-base seat moves in synch with the action on the giant screen in front of them.

2. Ghoster Coaster

You'll have to remind me about the Ghoster Coaster. I seem to remember something, but it is a vague memory.

Scooby-Doo's Ghoster Coaster

My cousin loved this coaster and he was so upset when KI removed it for avatar.(He won't ride avatar I dunno why maybe is scares him?) ah, the boy loves scooby-doo more so than the nick characters.

1. King Cobra

2. Antique Cars

3. Phantom Theater

KC was my favorite coaster growing up. I loved Antique Cars because I remember the day when I was finally tall enough to drive it myself. Phantom Theater needs no explanation.

Well, I gotta narrow it down to these three:

1. Flying Eagles

2. Does Tomb Raider count since The Crypt is freakishly different?

3. Baba Louie's Buggies

Yeah, I was a young'n when I loved to ride #3, in case you couldn't tell. lol ;)

(By the way, hey everybody!)

I must be MUCH older than the rest on this board, my three defunct rides are way old...

1 The Elevated cars going from Hanna Barbera Land to Coney Island. They passed in front of the Effiel Tower

2 The Spinner? It was a ride behind the international village that you went into and stood against the wal, the room then spun and the floor was dropped underneath you.

3 There was a boat ride in Hanna Barbera Land that took you through a series of set pieces. It was great on a hot summer day to cool off for a bit.

And I can recall being able to walk up to the 50 foot platform on the Effiel Tower. It was nice for the breeze.