Official Rivertown Construction Thread

They'll probably have an estimate for the release, like you said, hopefully we won't get heavy rain, and/or technical issues to where we will have problems.

You mean at the announcement, or durring construction of the coaster.. There shouldn't be any technical problems with the coaster while it is under construction when it rains... It will just delay the process.

SheiKra was delayed because of a hurricane, and it opened the same day as Kingda Ka, and which one had more porblems? the intamin!

The only reason the Intamin had problems is because it was a record breaking ride that uses much, MUCH more technology than that B&M had put into it.

Maverick has not had any technical problems with it except for the expected random mechanical problems (which have been minor) since it opened.

ryan

Other than the total failure of the heartline roll, you mean?

The heartline roll did not fail. During extensive testing they found out it would be to rough on the trains during normal operation so they removed it for the section they have now.

Even that was only a small set back. It did not take them long to replace it.

ryan

Either way...

That is why B&M coasters are more reliable than those intamin coasters... the fact that they DON'T over technical-ize (not a word...LOL) their coasters...

I'd take Kumba at Busch Gardens Tama over Maverick any day... Kumba is as traditional as you can get on a B&M!

There was no way to guess that the heartline would be such a problem to the trains. In all of the computer simulations of the ride you can probably assume that it did not cause any problems as far as G forces and such. Just for some reason when it was put into the actual ride it put to much stress on the trains.

Sometimes it is nice to have cool technical aspects to a ride. Like the lift and launch of Maverick. Also, how many of us are basing their "Intamin sucks" thoughts just on CP? Really the only one that had major issues was TTD. Intamin has many other world class rides out there and I have never heard of many of them having issues. Maybe I was not just looking hard enough?

Back on Topic:

Please don't take my love for Intamin rides the wrong way. I am very happy we are getting a new coaster. I am also very pleased that it is a B&M hyper.

ryan

They'll probably have an estimate for the release, like you said, hopefully we won't get heavy rain, and/or technical issues to where we will have problems.

You mean at the announcement, or durring construction of the coaster.. There shouldn't be any technical problems with the coaster while it is under construction when it rains... It will just delay the process.

SheiKra was delayed because of a hurricane, and it opened the same day as Kingda Ka, and which one had more porblems? the intamin!

announcement for the estimate, and I mean snowing to delay the opeining, and the technical stuff for when they have to test it... Kingda Ka is more complicated because the catapault has a lot of friction, need to get the speed right, and the basic stuff. all companies can have delays. It being an intamin ride has nothing to do with it, imho. Tatsu was delayed.

do you think that they will build a coaster taller than eiffiel tower

I hope not, to do that we'd probably need a ride like TTD or KK which have many breakdowns and really isn't that reliable. but if they won't mind spending the extra money we could make a B&M Giga or intamin, but I would like it to have more hills than MF.

Edited by calakapepe