PKIDelirium

Official Rivertown Construction Thread

B&M's are currently reaching over 70 mph i.e. Griffon and SheiKra... so it is possible, if the height is right.

However, B&M likes the traditional lift hill as opposed to any other means of propulsion..

Take the Incredible Hulk Coaster at IOA in orlando, it is a fabulous B&M coaster with a tire launch system on the lift that B&M did NOT create... B&M did not want to even do the launch on the coaster. B&M deigned and manufactured the ride the way it is now, and a different company installed the launch program.

I don't know if anyone can see what I am talking about, but i will try to describe in detail...

Look at the end of the rails, how they are capped. this is because the rails are hollow, and keeps rodents or other critter from eing able to climb in and stake a claim.

With that said, knowing that the rails are hollow, this coaster migh have a nice roar to it!

They said that their original news broadcast said it was a hyper. What a load of bull...

Plus the first to break the story? Wasn't Dayton Daily the first out with the blue-prints? And didn't both KIE and KIC have the rumors LONG before any news stories?

Sheesh, this is why I think everybody should learn the basics of news broadcasting and writing so that an individual who knows most about the story can tell it, not some woman who is next to clueless...

Okay, rant's over. No, wait...

And three loops? Seriously? Isn't it kinda common sense that a bird's eye view of "loops" won't be the same as when viewed from a different angle, meaning that these "loops" aren't really loops.

Okay, rant's over.

I agree. Why are they having clueless people on news stations talk to the public like they know exactly what's going on? I live 100 miles away from the park, and I could still give a better report then some of these news people. It's called do your homework and then give a well thought out explanation. Plus, they had a kid say it's going to be 400 feet tall and go 220 mph........are you kidding me? Like he has any idea what he's talking about.

^He said "it is like", meaning that he was talking about something that is already built... or maybe he just had bad grammar. But he could have been talking about TTD, although he would've been off by only 100 mph...

The girl who said it's supposed to go under-water... I wanted to punch her in the face <_<

True, but if you actually knew what a hypercoaster is to being with, then you could easily tell what the ride will kinda be like. And yeah, that girl made no sense at all. It's going over the splashdown pool.

What coaster enthusiasts (or park enthusiasts) fail to note is that the GP doesn't really know the names of many of the elements. If you walked up to a random guest and pointed at Vortex's Batwing they wouldn't know what to say. What if you pointed at the helix, what would they call that?

To them it may be a loop, horizontal, but still a loop.

I agree. Why are they having clueless people on news stations talk to the public like they know exactly what's going on? I live 100 miles away from the park, and I could still give a better report then some of these news people. It's called do your homework and then give a well thought out explanation. Plus, they had a kid say it's going to be 400 feet tall and go 220 mph........are you kidding me? Like he has any idea what he's talking about.

yea I was like what the heck is he on the news? lol

They should be interviewing people on this site =]

Edited by calakapepe

"Its like 400 feet in the air then go back down, thats it. Go about 220 Miles An Hour"*Where does this kid get his info.

"I like the one that go up side down!"*Way too exited*

"Somebody told me its like a water ride coaster I dont know what that means."

Finally a 400ft tall 220 miles an hour water ride coaster that goes upside down! Now Thats what we need

Edited by rageofturtles

And I think we need an 800 ft. tall wooden coaster that does loops 15 times and reaches a top speed of 219 miles per hour while it goes 2 miles under water!

:)

And I think we need an 800 ft. tall wooden coaster that does loops 15 times and reaches a top speed of 219 miles per hour while it goes 2 miles under water!

:)

I KNOW! But aparently we have to use logic when it comes to making coasters

I think most of us are just happy to get a 'brand new' coaster after a nine years of nothing new.

If you say "Hey Firehawk is new!" then I will kind of give you that point but when the coaster is brought from a differant park it is kind of a differant deal than getting a new coaster that has not been used.

ryan

I was referencing SOB when I said the past nine years because it debuted in 2000 and this new coaster will be debuting in '09 so nine years.

To answer you questions about the other two. Runnaway Reptar is a kiddie coaster and really is looked upon as such to anyone outside of KI.

BL:ST in my honest opinion, and I know I may be in the minority here but it is ok, in my mind is like Adventure Express. You just ride it to check it off the list for riding all the coasters in one day. There was some excitement when it came out but just like other rides there were multiple built in Paramount parks and that does not help.

I guess the point I was trying to make is this is the biggest thing to happen to us since SOB opened and I think alot of us have been looking forward to the next BIG coaster since then. The fact that the park is saying this is the biggest thing in 36 years helps my point, I think.

Ryan