Official Rivertown Construction Thread

I think one thing everyone is overlooking with the signs is the fact that it says the park 'strikes' back, suggesting a snake. I know the Ride Sally Ride suggests a mustang, but the box, the infrared, and the short videos they've posted suggest to me a snake of some sort. The infrared hint adds to this. Viper is the name of 3 current roller coasters all by six flags so there is a chance cedar fair wouldn't use it. I almost wonder if it'll be a dragon of some sort of mythical creature since it is near The Beast. Could be Anaconda like the ride at Kings Dominion that goes underwater. They could use the same name since the new ride will have a splash down. According to wikipeida, anaconda's are some of the largest snakes in the world and are good swimmers, fitting two aspects of the ride.

Edited by Jstbcool

I don't think simply because the old King Cobra is no longer operating that it means they can't bring back the name. Besides, it may NOT include "King" in the name. It could simply be "Cobra".

Either way, I am backing off of my wild cat thinking, and I'm now convinced that it is going to be snake themed.

I was just corrected by someone at KIC. It's not infrared cameras. It's infrared detectors. I still think it might have something to do with a Cobra.

EDIT: No I don't. Someone just pointed out "Cobra" is too generic. So I give up. I'll just hang it up on guessing until the 6th. I don't know jack diddly.

Edited by secondson

7-28-08 update.

I just checked some photos of the crane from last week and think the same one was unloaded at the parking lot today. I saw it go over the bridge at Flight Deck and SOB heading towards the back of the park. Later I went up on the Eiffel tower and saw in behind Firehawk. Only two pictures for now.

2713004476_cbab24aecc.jpg

2712191873_a439bf2f29_o.jpg

I think that is new track, but I am not sure.

Kings Island will shed all of the details of the new attraction on August 6.

That is from the newsletter article link. If the use of the word "shed" doesn't finally convince us, then I don't know what will. This has to be reptilian and I think that it is "Anaconda." Here is why:

1) Think Big. REAL BIG = doesn't get much bigger than an Anaconda.

2) Rivertown = Anacondas live in the Amazon River Basin. Didn't someone also mention that Rivertown was going to get a makeover theming it to more of a jungle river? The Beast and The Crypt would still fit with that. The train may even fit with the right makeover.

3) Use of the word shed = snakes shed skin regularly

4) Slippery when wet; splashdown feature = Anacondas spend a lot of time in the river

5) Boas have infrared-like sensors on their heads; Anacondas are a boa

I obviously don't take credit for figuring this out; it has been mentioned several times. I just think that this is near conclusive. I think that the "Ride, Sally, Ride!" sign was the one that was meant to throw us off.

Those pieces look like station track to me.

It's the station track, and the start of the lift. B&Ms typically have their final brake run/station track erected first.

This has to be reptilian and I think that it is "Anaconda."

I am keeping my lips sealed here... but thought I'd mention this:

"There are two species of anacondas, Eunectes murinus and Eunectes notaeus. Murinus is known as the green anacond and notaeus is known as the yellow. Respectively yellows are canary yellow (to faded yellow) with black and greens are Forest green (to a muddy green color) with black, they also sometimes have orange on their heads. Both species have a cream to yellow colored belly."

Shaggy

Edited by Shaggy

Yeah, those are definitely track pieces for the station, pre-lift, and/or brake run sections. And my guess is that they are over there as a staging area. I believe that the track comes into the park that way, from the GWL parking lot area. The trucks would drive up to that area by Firehawk and dump the track. Then the track can be stored there until its needed at the construction site, rather than have all the track in Rivertown clogging up the work area.

Why would they name it Anaconda when KD already has a steel coaster with that name? Besides, it doesn't seem there is lot of water involved to warrant naming it Anaconda.

Well, there are only so many names out there. Plus, this allows them to not have to trademark the name since they already own the trademark for a rollercoaster called Anaconda.

There doesn't have to be a lot of water, just enough to justify the name.

Kenton Cove's Keelboat Canals.

I'm not sure how that would work as a name for a steel coaster. :lol: Perhaps "KC's Comeback Coaster". Or maybe "Cove Runner".

Anyhow, I still disagree about Anaconda. KI should have unique names for its large signature coasters. When someone rides it, they should be able to say they rode THE one and only "such and such".

Why would they name it Anaconda when KD already has a steel coaster with that name?

Since when has one of their other parks having a ride with the same name ever stopped Cedar Fair from doing that? Anyone up for a ride on Thunderhawk, Thunderhawk, Thunderhawk, Skyhawk, or Firehawk? How about Vortex or Vortex?