PKIDelirium

Official Rivertown Construction Thread

i like the fact that for the new ride, or i shall the building of the new ride they have all this safety for the guest. But last night, I was moved to another stand, to help them clean up after my stand closed, so I was pushing this huge gray trash can, you know the ones you see the ECD (yellow shirts) push around, and I was behind the scene, right by the compacter, and there is no fence or anything, the compacter kind of blocks it, but still i thought it was kind of unsafe, cause I had to go behind the compacter to get something I dropped (a box) and well down into the darkness it fell, cause the concrete stops, and theres the new ride construction zone, no fence or anything it's just there! Any who I thought that was funny.

Alright I'm starting to believe this is going to be a B&M I went past CSF Clermont Steel Fabractors the other day and they make B&M Rollercoasters and there whole praking lot was full of this f_Image007m_1396686.jpg

Lost or red track and most of the track looked like a B&M dive machine I'm not sure if this is for us but if it is this coaster is going to be huge. Sorry for the bad image quality is was taken form a cell phone in a moving car adn there was much more track then just that.

Edited by Skywriter

If we do end up getting this b&m coaster(btw what is b&m) what ride would it be most likely similar to it(so i can look it up /pov)

B&M stands for Bolliger & Mabillard, out of Switzerland. Judging by what's been said thus far, this ride will likely be similar to Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland, Nitro at Six Flags Great Adventure, and Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens Europe. It will probably not be exactly like any of these, but it will likely incorporate some elements of each of these, as well as some elements of other B&M hypercoasters.

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...m=292&pos=9

First B&M hyper, with a splash down perhaps?

EDIT: I wonder if it will even make contact with the water....or if it will just have the effect of a splash down. Wait, there's some wiring if you look between the walls, maybe it's going to be like incredible hulk's "splash"

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...=292&pos=15

What is that shack off to the side.

There is no doubt to me, we are getting a B&M now.

Edited by calakapepe

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...m=292&pos=9

First B&M hyper, with a splash down perhaps?

EDIT: I wonder if it will even make contact with the water....or if it will just have the effect of a splash down. Wait, there's some wiring if you look between the walls, maybe it's going to be like incredible hulk's "splash"

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...=292&pos=15

What is that shack off to the side.

There is no doubt to me, we are getting a B&M now.

That shack is part of White Water Canyon. The workers sit up there to squirt people. =]

On one hand, I wish that they would just make the announcement, so we would know. On the other hand, you have to admit that the guessing and surveillance is a whole lot of fun.

I'm thinking that a lake splash-down is a definate possibility. It is looking like the outside forms are trying to look like a lake's natural contours.

Yah, it looks like a splash down will be in the ride. It doesn't look that. wide though. But maybe only the track goes into that area, I'm not real sure.

Well, it looks wide enough for the track, and maybe for the train to actually go in there; if it doesn't it's probably just an effect, because there's also wiring.

Well, it looks wide enough for the track, and maybe for the train to actually go in there; if it doesn't it's probably just an effect, because there's also wiring.

Well... since i have seen construction of the water brake before (I.E. SheiKra) I have to say... i believe the track will go down into the the middle and create the splash with something hanging over the side of the last car.

This is definately a water brake! But From the looks of it... where the edge of the NEW Swan Lake will be... there may not be a soak zone for onlookers.

and by the looks of it.... there is going to be one heck of a final drop into the water brake!

i THINK that this is the coaster that has been sitting behind the steel plant collecting rust all winter long....

but will not be able to tell until we start seeing the track sitting out front of the plant in batavia. as of 2 weeks ago there was dive machine tracks out in front.

At B&M? What color? :P

Don't know what color it is..... what color is rust? brownish, redish, with a little orange??

That's definitely a water brake. First, there is really no point in having the track go that close to the water without touching it (if it was to simply go over the water, I would doubt there would be that trough). Also, there really isn't much point in having that many drains in the trough if water would not be flying around. And for any of those speculators out there, this will not be a Dive Machine, since that trough is clearly much too skinny for DM-gauge track.

Well, I'm assuming that the new edge of swan lake is to easily construct the queue and/ or station. But that would also be a pretty cool, to have on lookers, have the option to squirt you with water jets and such, while you pass through. Otherwise, I hope that is is an actual water break, unlike BLSC(IJST). With low quality water jets.

Nope it's not a coaster sorry it's a re-vision of Kenton Keelboats a major huge water flume. :rolleyes: They have really got a lot done havent they certainly have a long road ahead of them.

Edited by Coaster_King

and your source is from what exactly?

But lets still assume it's a roller coaster. would be cool to have it with a true splash down like this.

http://rcdb.com/ig3291.htm?picture=46

instead of shiekra style.

If it was going to be like that... they wouldn't be building the concrete trough through the center now wouldn't they.

I think there is going to be a wider train on this coaster... unlike behemoth or a standard B&M hyper..

this is going to be a SheiKra like splashdown for sure! Which will truely be a sight coming off a long train!

http://rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=62

so you think that it will be like dive trains with a hyper coaster layout????

I bet it's not a flume, and it's a B&M, I mean the footings; everyone saw them, they clearly show it's B&M, only it's still filled in.

What if we happen to get a dive machine. That be cool, but isn't there a contract about not building one till what date?

so you think that it will be like dive trains with a hyper coaster layout????

I bet it's not a flume, and it's a B&M, I mean the footings; everyone saw them, they clearly show it's B&M, only it's still filled in.

What if we happen to get a dive machine. That be cool, but isn't there a contract about not building one till what date?

it would be very cool to get a dive machine... but the trough would have to be a little wider.

^Calakapepe, I think Coaster_King was being sarcastic when he said that about the flume.

I'd like a Dive Machine, that'd be fine and dandy. I'm not too sure about a name though...