Official Rivertown Construction Thread

Read my post again... I edited it...

I think it will be called that... i don't know for sure... but that is a pretty good indication of what the name may be.

oh okay, I didn't really know what the term ride sally ride, mustang would fit well then.

Slippery When Wet...- Obviously a splash-down

Steep Incline Ahead.- This makes me nervous, because a dive machine has a steep incline- 90-degrees. Of course, a hyper-coaster could also have a very steep drop.

Run for the Hills!!!- A hyper-coaster is filled with hills... plus it'll travel through a hilly area

Move Slowly Do Not Disturb!!- Makes it sound like some beast...

Ride Sally Ride!!!- A horse?

Of course, the ride could be a first-of-its-kind hybrid between a dive-machine and hyper-coaster, but I'm still doubtful of that.

And for its name, I have a strong feeling that "Stallion" will be in it, rather it be Iron Stallion or Wild Stallion.

Steep Incline Ahead.- This makes me nervous, because a dive machine has a steep incline- 90-degrees. Of course, a hyper-coaster could also have a very steep drop.

No, a dive machine has a 90 degree drop. INCLINE indicates the the lift will be steeper than normal. Juding by the short spacial area from what appears to be the station footings to the midway, a tall coaster would require a steep lift.

Shaggy

Edited by Shaggy

Woah! Shaggy! I never expected to see you at KIE!

I do wonder if the creator of the signs meant drop by incline and it was their mistake. But you're right, an incline is upwards... and a dive-machine has a very steep incline...

But I still believe it won't be a dive-machine.

The two that they are using to drop the biggest hints, in my opinion, are "Ride, Sally, Ride" and "Move Slowly!" And what about the "The Park Strikes Back" thing?

The W. Pickett song Mustang Sally is about a car. It is a kickass song by the way. I just can't imagine another car-themed coaster with BLSC right around the corner. So, I can only assume that this monster will be named Mustang.

With that being said, how could you think "wild horse" when you are looking at a Dive Machine. I still have this sneaking suspicion that we are getting something that is a mixture of a Hyper and a Dive. We may be looking at a hyper with a ridiculous hill and drop...for which I would be eternally grateful.

As for "Move Slowly," I have no idea. Some kind of mid-ride break and gradual acceleration? Maybe it has to do with the fact that the hill will be so long that it will be "moving slowly" for a long time.

I noticed today while on White Water Canyon right as we are coming around the 180 bend after the first tunnel under the train, looked up on the hill and there was a footer on the side of the hill.

I saw a couple of them around the ravine, exiting that very ride.

I'm gonna go WAY out on a limb here and use my imagination...

Is it remotely possible that "Ride Sally Ride" could refer to the building that houses "Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle"? After all, it's a dark ride made by the Sally Corporation. One of the signs reads "Move Slowly/Do Not Distub". You move slowly through the SDHC ride. Another sign says slippery when wet....could refer to more than just a splashdown. Perhaps riders get wet in the first half of the ride, and then AFTER it when they are walking past the splashdown. It also says Steep Incline Ahead, and Run for the Hills. Not to mention, the bottom part of the signs all read "The Park Strikes Back in 2009". Maybe that's a reference to them striking the back of the park...i.e. reaching the back part of the park in the woods next to Beast. Maybe this new coaster is going to be a LOT more than we think.

So putting this all together, I'm wondering if MAYBE this will be one big hyper coaster ride that starts out going slowly through the SDHC building, complete with water theming, and then you suddenly start climbing a steep hill out the side of the building, over to the old swan lake area to start the main part of the coaster ride....heading for the hills near the back of the park...and then on the return run you dive into a splashdown before unloading at the station behind the International Showplace, where the empty trains then return (perhaps through a yet-to-be-built tunnel) to the SDHC building.

Or maybe not. B)

Then you explain to me the term "RIDE SALLY RIDE"

Where did they get it from?

Song: Mustang Sally

All you wanna do is ride around Sally

(Ride Sally ride)

(Ride Sally ride)

(Ride Sally ride) huh

All you wanna do is a ride around Sally

Alright (ride Sally ride)