PKIDelirium

Official Rivertown Construction Thread

Did they have to plant trees when they built the Beast? I mean, the best part of the Beast, in my opinion, is it running through the woods.

I just hope in 15 years, this ride give a similar feel.

I agree. I also hope they add some nice water features as well, not just the splashdown. Like I hope they turn that creek back on that starts near the train and traveled into Swan Lake.

I like waterfalls. Maybe they're going to add one in? I think that would look pretty nice. :)

I enjoy the one in the former Paramount Story. Most peaceful place in the park... well, that's accessible to guests at least.

I am bummed that they sandblasted all the names off. I know that it had to be done, but now that area is stupid. I think that they should have the ride names with the year that they were built (and removed, if applicable).

^meyerhaus, I'm pretty sure all they did to the stones in Paramount story, was flip them over, not sandblast them. I remember preseason last year there was still dirt on the stones as they had just been flipped over.

There's not very much room for a ride. It might be nice if they did a little outdoor french bistro kind of thing. It is right under the Eiffel Tower.

Robbie Knieval confirms the rollercoaster?

http://www.wcpo.com/mediacenter/local.aspx...amp;navCatId=60

I'd bet that he was not supposed to say that. With the amount of talking with KI and CF brass that he has done this week, I would bet that they talked to him about it. It's not like we didn't know it already, but it's nice to hear it from someone.

p.s. look familiar?

http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/sheikra/sh251a.jpg

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displayim...m=297&pos=8

are there any coasters with a water brake that isn't a dive machine?

Or here: Griffon water-splash. If you look at the full resolution, it even has the little step up in the walls at the beginning like the one at KI.

What did he say? I'm not at a computer with sound at the moment... <_<

"I wanna go ride the Beast. They're doing a new ride next year, a huge roller coaster. They don't know what they're going to name it, maybe after me? The Retard?"

Something like that.

I think it is a new train style we haven't seen yet... only time will tell

SheiKra, Griffon, and Dive Coaster are the only 3 B&M's with water brakes so far.

I don't really understand the big deal of water breaks or a slash down, I have been in Sheikra and it was not that big of a deal. Griffon was a little bit better, but once again not that big of a deal. Now if you get a Dive coaster that will be a big deal, I like dive coasters a lot, the two I have been on were really fun. Griffon is WAY better then it's cousin but they were botu quite fun!