PKIDelirium

Official Rivertown Construction Thread

On one hand, I wish that they would just make the announcement, so we would know. On the other hand, you have to admit that the guessing and surveillance is a whole lot of fun.

I'm thinking that a lake splash-down is a definate possibility. It is looking like the outside forms are trying to look like a lake's natural contours.

Yah, it looks like a splash down will be in the ride. It doesn't look that. wide though. But maybe only the track goes into that area, I'm not real sure.

Well, it looks wide enough for the track, and maybe for the train to actually go in there; if it doesn't it's probably just an effect, because there's also wiring.

Well, it looks wide enough for the track, and maybe for the train to actually go in there; if it doesn't it's probably just an effect, because there's also wiring.

Well... since i have seen construction of the water brake before (I.E. SheiKra) I have to say... i believe the track will go down into the the middle and create the splash with something hanging over the side of the last car.

This is definately a water brake! But From the looks of it... where the edge of the NEW Swan Lake will be... there may not be a soak zone for onlookers.

and by the looks of it.... there is going to be one heck of a final drop into the water brake!

i THINK that this is the coaster that has been sitting behind the steel plant collecting rust all winter long....

but will not be able to tell until we start seeing the track sitting out front of the plant in batavia. as of 2 weeks ago there was dive machine tracks out in front.

At B&M? What color? :P

Don't know what color it is..... what color is rust? brownish, redish, with a little orange??

That's definitely a water brake. First, there is really no point in having the track go that close to the water without touching it (if it was to simply go over the water, I would doubt there would be that trough). Also, there really isn't much point in having that many drains in the trough if water would not be flying around. And for any of those speculators out there, this will not be a Dive Machine, since that trough is clearly much too skinny for DM-gauge track.

Well, I'm assuming that the new edge of swan lake is to easily construct the queue and/ or station. But that would also be a pretty cool, to have on lookers, have the option to squirt you with water jets and such, while you pass through. Otherwise, I hope that is is an actual water break, unlike BLSC(IJST). With low quality water jets.

Nope it's not a coaster sorry it's a re-vision of Kenton Keelboats a major huge water flume. :rolleyes: They have really got a lot done havent they certainly have a long road ahead of them.

Edited by Coaster_King

and your source is from what exactly?

But lets still assume it's a roller coaster. would be cool to have it with a true splash down like this.

http://rcdb.com/ig3291.htm?picture=46

instead of shiekra style.

If it was going to be like that... they wouldn't be building the concrete trough through the center now wouldn't they.

I think there is going to be a wider train on this coaster... unlike behemoth or a standard B&M hyper..

this is going to be a SheiKra like splashdown for sure! Which will truely be a sight coming off a long train!

http://rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=62

so you think that it will be like dive trains with a hyper coaster layout????

I bet it's not a flume, and it's a B&M, I mean the footings; everyone saw them, they clearly show it's B&M, only it's still filled in.

What if we happen to get a dive machine. That be cool, but isn't there a contract about not building one till what date?

so you think that it will be like dive trains with a hyper coaster layout????

I bet it's not a flume, and it's a B&M, I mean the footings; everyone saw them, they clearly show it's B&M, only it's still filled in.

What if we happen to get a dive machine. That be cool, but isn't there a contract about not building one till what date?

it would be very cool to get a dive machine... but the trough would have to be a little wider.

^Calakapepe, I think Coaster_King was being sarcastic when he said that about the flume.

I'd like a Dive Machine, that'd be fine and dandy. I'm not too sure about a name though...

As quoted from Screamscape:

"2009 - B&M Hypercoaster - Rumor - (5/12/08) As you can see the construction in the old Swan Lake has taken an interesting turn this week. You can see the forms being put in place to create the shape of a new artificial lake in the same spot, along with a very interesting formation running right down the middle. This is a clear sign that the lake will indeed have a Splashdown Effect, since the way B&M designs this is so that the track itself is not submerged underwater in any way, but rather sits down inside a narrow trench just wide enough for the wheels to stay dry, but allowing for scoops placed on the outer edge of the train to dip into the water just on the other side of the wall. For comparison you can see how it looks on SheiKra from the air. You can find a few more pictures from Kings Island posted here."

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

Edited by xcaliber08

Klocksta, you still shooting with that Kodak CX7300, you sir need to invest in a DSLR and get to KI more often this season! :D

What DSLR do you have?

TTDfreak

As far as DSLR's go, I currently own two. My first one was my Olympus Evolt E-500. Then this past Spring I upgraded to a Canon 40d and own a 70-200mm f/2.8, 28-70mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, and 10-22mm f/3.5 lens. I'm in the process of getting ready to sell my Olympus (with Vertical Grip, 1 gig memory card, 8 mega pixels) if anyone is interested. Just drop me a PM.

^ Sorry, I already have a Nikon D80 with an 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, and an SB-800 flash. The 70-300 and flash is new this year, so no more spending, sorry.

Back on Topic: I hope that there isn't a splash down effect. I liked the calm that area always had. However I guess that even with a coaster over the lake it isn't going to be calm, so whatever. I guess the thing that got me is how Screamscape wrote an opinion in the form of a fact.

^Calakapepe, I think Coaster_King was being sarcastic when he said that about the flume.

I'd like a Dive Machine, that'd be fine and dandy. I'm not too sure about a name though...

THANK YOU!!!!! :doh: it's sad when you can't tell sarcasm geezaloo..I think it's a dive-machine kinda like Sheikra me thinks this one will have a big splash effect thou.

Edited by Coaster_King

THANK YOU!!!!! :doh: it's sad when you can't tell sarcasm geezaloo..I think it's a dive-machine kinda like Sheikra me thinks this one will have a big splash effect thou.

Hate to burst your bubble... but i do not think a dive machine track would fit in the trough that this water brake has, It just isn't wide enough.

The more tree being clear off... the more naked the Beast will be.... Have you ever thought of that? The Beast is suppose to be hidden and tame!

Maybe Cinn is running low on paper so they use their own Cinn trees to use for the newspaper... Bad thought... Sorry.

THANK YOU!!!!! :doh: it's sad when you can't tell sarcasm geezaloo

Haha, no problem. I like pointing out stuff like that. :lol:

Ooh, floorless hyper, I like that. I hope you weren't being sarcastic. :P