PKIDelirium

Official Rivertown Construction Thread

No, not where it starts, where it reaches out to.

Yeah! it's supposed to be in the area around TC, and The Beast, heading toward the Beast!

I don't even think they have their minds made up about the color so early. Do you think they have even the most minute details considered before construction begins?

Don't most new coasters come pre-painted? And I would imagine they already started to make the track pieces. But thats just my guess.

Yeah, they've probably decided on the color by now. I'll put my guess out there that it'll be dark green track with brown/tan supports.

Like saide before I got wiff of what's to come saturday night I think most of you if not all of you will be happy and surprised also RT is getting a themed overhaul to a more **Tropical** setting.I'm upset that Swan Lake is gone and the picnic area(behind WINGS) is gone.

Tropical my @$$, you can't give any details, just vague hints. And you do this all the time. Why not something substantial for once if you're so in the know?

Boys and girls, look around you, there are two parks to the north of Kings Island that are giving away big hints on their websites, all you have to do is some detective work. Look at the trends and be logical. A tropical theme, not in 2009, not in RIVER TOWN.

I don't even think they have their minds made up about the color so early. Do you think they have even the most minute details considered before construction begins?

I would bet that all but the name have been picked out. The design company would submit a 3D rendering of the coaster on some kind of CAD program. Although...how cool would it be if they just used Rollercoaser Tycoon?

:doh:

Tropical my @$$, you can't give any details, just vague hints.

If you look a few posts above you will see that he did not mean to say tropical...

LOL :lol: Yeah I messed up I didn't mean tropical(I'm so stupid that's what I get when I drink a beer and log onto the forums!) I ment Amazon more of that type of feel but you have to admit Tomb Raider doesnt fit into RT very well.

I actually thought tropical might be interesting...but not once fall rolled around. I think Rivertown is long overdue for a facelift...hopefully he knows what he is talking about...and even if he won't share all the details I have faith he does know something that is in the works.

Edited by standbyme

Although...how cool would it be if they just used Rollercoaser Tycoon?

I would cry... :P

Roller Coaster Tycoon is a fun game, but not for simulations...

If they do make a simulation video, I hope they would hire Virtual Image Productions. Their videos look amazing. (According to their Portfolio (here, here, and here), KI hired them for a Boomerang Bay, Back Lot Stunt Track, and Winterfest animation.)

Of course though, NoLimits Professional wouldn't be bad either.

Edited by Hendrick

Monotone voice: It will be the biggest wooden coaster built this year...It will be spectacular...

I can tell by his enthusiasm, lol

Wasn't Voyage done on No Limits Pro as well?

Edited by calakapepe

Tropical my @$$, you can't give any details, just vague hints.

If you look a few posts above you will see that he did not mean to say tropical...

Oh, I see, allow me to correct myself then...

Amazon my @$$. Rivertown is staying Rivertown. Look to the north, in the chain, follow the trends.

In my opinion, I hope Rivertown stays Rivertown. Tropical/Amazon seems too much like a water park.

Draining a lake, cutting down trees, and building a B&M coaster can't be cheap... I doubt KI would also want to spend money on re-theming a section of the park, but that is just my opinion.

Edited by Hendrick

Yeah, we have the Aussie theme in Boomerang Bay, plus Wild Thornberrys. I'd say that's enough of that.

Rivertown is a good area and one of the few themes that Cedar Fair does a pretty good job with recently.

Exaclty, look how well they kept up that theme in Sandusky and how they "re-vamped" it with Maverick. This project looks big judging by Paul and Don's excellent photos, I doubt they'd spend the time to re-theme the entire area unless it was to give a facelift to the current theme.

I would love if our Rivertown became more like CP's Frontier area. They have an amazing train, a petting zoo, and other activities that really make you feel like you've traveled back in time. However, I must complain they have a Panda Express in this area <_<

I would be happy if they did update the area. I always felt TR was out of place, and almost took something away from the area. A re-theme could possibly make it look like it belongs.

i THINK that this is the coaster that has been sitting behind the steel plant collecting rust all winter long....

but will not be able to tell until we start seeing the track sitting out front of the plant in batavia. as of 2 weeks ago there was dive machine tracks out in front.