Sign in to follow this  
TombraiderTy

TombraiderTy's Opening Day 2008 Trip Report

Having stayed at the park for the majority of the day, I got in practically all the major rides and then some. I took nearly 60 pictures, but I'll limit them down to about ten for you all :D

Well, my Dad and I arrived at the park about 9:20 AM. Got in line for a metal detector and quickly passed right on thru. We then sped through a turnstile and headed for the rope. We got Cinnabon while we waited 30 minutes for the rope to drop, making me the first park guests to ever enjoy Cinnabon at Kings Island on a normal park operating day :D That's definitely going into my signature.

When the rope came down, I ran (while my Dad walked) to The Beast. Mental note: Excercise next off-season to prepare for that event. By the time I reached the coaster I was about to vomit my sugar glazed cinnamon roll :P

Anyhow, after riding once in car five, row one, I went through the line once more in order to ride again, this time with my Dad in the front row. The picture was crappy, but the ride was fun :D

Anyhow, The Crypt was closed <_<, so we moved onto Backlot Stunt Coaster.

l_87701380c320a05527346b671a175a82.jpg

The ride was more fun than I remembered, although it was still really short. Yet it was surprisingly very smooth. However, they no longer take your photo on the ride:

l_5b6cf7cb12cb0dfc95cebeca80196c7a.jpg

I'm glad I got one with my Dad and me in 2005.

Well, we next headed to Vortex, where we rode front row. Smoother than usual, but still an average coaster. I'd rather see a coaster similar to the Wild Cat from Coney Island.

After Vortex was Firehawk, my Dad's first time on the ride. His thoughts- "I was about to fall out of my seat!" :lol:

Well, I took pretty much no photos for the next three hours or so. The next time a photo was taken I had watched Country Line-Up twice, ate at LaRosa's in the Festhaus, rode Son of Beast in the cold and rain in the front seat, and met up with the rest of the family. We then proceeded to Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle, which is where I racked up 900 points :D

Next up we met the biggest new addition of the 2008 season, Pablo the Penguin!

l_b46dee8966ebb6edc75dfd724bea9fed.jpg

We got ourselves some Blue Ice Cream cones and moved onto the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad.

l_16bff9a5e23b012bb8fdfb2d4e3a41af.jpg

There were also a bunch of little red flags towards the way of The Beast around a bunch of trees. Hope they don't tear out too many.

Another new thing for the 2008 season:

l_39c5403bd1c4780381cd402985fc442d.jpg

This coaster sucks, but the tee-shirt is pretty cool.

l_cd00cfa5c95dc5db2a8632e1b2cc8c3d.jpg

Well, we about finished the day. On the way out, we passed this in the International Restaurant staircase area:

l_eacd4f6c67c262ca8c53a6c8ef849f8e.jpg

Then once outside the park and into the entrance plaza area, guess who decided to stop by and give away free energy drinks?

l_72c58ed4b0a363248f919f068e86e7ca.jpg

We left the park around 5:20 PM, having ridden The Beast twice, Backlot Stunt Coaster once, Vortex once, Racer Red once, Firehawk once (an hour wait), Son of Beast (a 1/2 hour wait plus a 1/2 hour more for the front), Scooby Doo and the Haunted Caste, and Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad. We also watched The Country Line-Up twice.

And I finally got to try out one of my schedules:

l_3d915db2c5345e438f324710b04b205c.jpg

Although it had faults, as I expected it would, it worked out for some parts. However, I underestimated crowds, but I sure do hope to continually edit my twice-counter-clockwise-method :)

Well, thanks for reading I guess... yeah.

:D

Congratulations on the first Trip Report on Opening Day of the Year! That should go into your signature as well. :lol:.

Anyways, great report! I loved how you added pictures as well!

I saw TopGun1993 several time throughout the day. I was behind you up in the tower when you were taking pictures of the construction. I don't really know too many people on here, but I can spot the staff of the site.

When the rope came down, I ran (while my Dad walked) to The Beast. Mental note: Excercise next off-season to prepare for that event. By the time I reached the coaster I was about to vomit my sugar glazed cinnamon roll

LOL :lol: Glad you had fun I didn't get to visit for opening day this year I love the pictures ty by any chance did any of you see Yogi Bear or Fred Flintstone ? I got word saturday that they would be out this season near the theater greeting guests.

lol I saw you when you were walking out of X-Base, and in line for Racer.

You should've said hi. I think the only time I've ever really seen you was Winter Soar '08, although I've seen Donald a few times at KI, never talked to him there though.

So I guess the people that bought Cinnabon's on the 19th don't count huh?

Yep! They were not there during the "operating season"