meyerhaus

Pictures of park including lots of Swan Lake

Hang in there for just a couple more minutes. I will post the link to the Photobucket album and then I will link to them with descriptions. There is a TON of work going on at the old Swan lake.

UPDATE: HERE'S THE LINK; SEE BELOW FOR MAIN PICS

http://s223.photobucket.com/albums/dd97/meyerhaus/KI/

Edited by meyerhaus

how was the event?

It was, in a word, awesome. 8,000 people at the park, nonexistent lines, Skyline Conies, and a great kids area for little Meyerhaus.

Edited by meyerhaus

uh.... I feel dumb.

No worries. While we are waiting for the phtos I will relate a story. I asked an associate about what the park had told them about the construction. He said the following things, in this order:

1. We don't know anything
  2. For some reason they don't want us to talk about it
  3. The coaster is going to start where Swan Lake was and cross over the railroad into the woods.

As for the validity of these statements, I don't know. You will see in the photos that the above makes perfect sense.

BTW - While it was the first day, and there is a honeymoon period, the staff was great. The one's that I talked to hated the new unis, but they seemed very well prepared.

IMG_1008.jpg

Construction overview from Eiffel Tower

IMG_1002.jpg

Drop Tower

IMG_0953.jpg

Backlot Stunt Coaster

IMG_0962.jpg

The Crypt

IMG_1000.jpg

The Racer

IMG_1003.jpg

Invertigo

IMG_1005.jpg

Flight Deck

IMG_1009.jpg

More Construction

IMG_1011.jpg

More Construction

IMG_1035.jpg

More Construction

MUCH MORE IF YOU GO TO THE LINK IN THE TOP POST!!!

The whole day was just awesome. We got our passes, went into the park, and partied REALLY hard until we left. My parents took my son for a couple of hours, so my wife and I rode the following in 2 hours (just to give you an idea of how short lines were):

1. Firehawk (first time on...it was awesome)
  2. Beast (back row of back car...whip it)
  3. Vortex
  4. Flight of Fear (my legs are too long to secure the strap, so Amy rode it solo)
  5. Drop Tower
  6. Racer Blue
  7. Racer Red (Blue was faster all day)
  8. Beast again

Beer is $6.34 (for those who care), and everything else is about the same. 1.99 for a cheese coney...not too bad.

Edited by meyerhaus

since there were virtually no lines, did the rides mainly have a single train operation?

Beast, Vortex, Son of Beast, Firehawk, and FoF were all running 2. Racer was running one Red and one Blue.

Drop Tower was running 1 :nerd:

Thanks for taking all those pictures!

I am not sure. Since thier trains are inside of that little garage, I couldn't tell.

Was Sob of Beast closed?

yeah, I love how if they are trying to make the construction footer things inconspicuous by sitting gigantic potted plants upon them they're doing a terrible job lmao. I'm probably looking at it the wrong way though.