Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Minor History Update & New Special Feature Added

We've just added some new things to our History Photo Gallery. Four postcards have been uploaded, featuring the South Sea Excursion dolphin show, two cards featuring the Firestone Kings Island Air Show, and an original WaterWorks postcard showing the concept art from the first operating season for WaterWorks in 1989.

Also, a scan of a full-page magazine ad from 1979 has been added, featuring The Beast. This ad ran sometime during the 1979 season.

As for the new feature, we've just debuted KiTunes. We recently inherited this feature from a now-defunct site, and have put it back online for all to enjoy. KiTunes contains a variety of music from the park, including themes from Adventure Express, Enchanted Voyage, Phantom Theater, Flight of Fear, Top Gun, Tomb Raider, SDATHC and Wild Thornberrys.

CLICK HERE: History Photo Gallery Last Additions

CLICK HERE: KiTunes Park Music

Tickets for Spirit Song 2008 go on sale March 21 and are available in a variety of ways and include a full day of fun at Kings Island. Tickets are available for one, two or all three concert days. Those purchasing “Season Pass Holder” tickets must be already a season pass holder or holding a park admission ticket. Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster outlets, by calling (513) 562-4949 or at www.ticketmaster.com. Groups of 15 or more can purchase tickets at a discounted price by calling (800) 965-9324 or online at www.itickets.com. Tickets can also be purchased at the park on any public operating day.

If you're experiencing any problems with the KiTunes player, please clear your browser cache. A minor change was made after it was put online and it needs to be re-cached.

Yeah but the Nick parade and Sponge Bob Que music isn't on there like it was on KIA.

Yeah, and having those songs was SO fruitful for them. Remember when they posted on a message board that they were going to be everything the other KI sites ever wanted to be? I think Don can agree with me in saying that we've ALWAYS wanted to have a message board that hasn't been touched in 8 months.

Yeah but the Nick parade and Sponge Bob Que music isn't on there like it was on KIA.

Yeah, and having those songs was SO fruitful for them. Remember when they posted on a message board that they were going to be everything the other KI sites ever wanted to be? I think Don can agree with me in saying that we've ALWAYS wanted to have a message board that hasn't been touched in 8 months.

:lol:, I remember looking at it about a month before it closed its doors, and there were only three post that were made after Firehawk opened.

Didn't help that the guy who started that site, right off the bat 1) pissed off the entire community 2) pissed off the park 3) only updated once, and that was something that Maureen sent him.

where's the rest of the Tomb raider stuff?, the preshow, mainshow, mainshow wthout speech etc? Or did they take them down due to it being changed on the actual ride!?

Looking at the history pictures, I have discovered some thing very interesting. Look at the crack in the tarmac in each picture. It is the same crack at the Wilmington airport. The new picture was added in 2004 but I can not contact the author, which means that I still do not know where this plane is now. If it is still up at Wilmington, then it is in a hanger, because I never see it when I go up there.

http://www.kiextreme.com/historyphotos/dis...cat=0&pos=3

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0728...=&photo_nr=