Sign in to follow this  
DiSab

Poor recaR...

38 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Racer being run with both sides forward?

• Sweet!
    • Bad move...
    • I couldn't care less

...Well, as much as I hate to say it, I think this is the bullet through the heart...

We’ve got some bad news today for wood coaster fans. According to Kings Dominion’s John Pagel, both sides of Rebel Yell will be switched to only run forward this season. According to John, “this is consistent with Kings Island and Carowinds for the 2008 season,” confirming the rumored changes to The Racer at Kings Island and Thunder Road at Carowinds.

From Screamscape

And since this is coming from the KD management, I'm pretty sure this will be happening. It's quite a sad day for all of us recaR fans out there... :(

Edited by PKIDelirium

Its coming from the KD management? Hmm...

Fine by me. I just wish that they would tear it down all together!

It kindve makes me mad because the very back seat of recaR IMO is the best airtime seat in the park. This move would only be good IMO if they actually race the trains every cycle just like they did back when it first opened

Edited by derek9312

Now in order to boost The Racer due to the "lost", they should return its red, white, and blue paint job. They could add a small patriotic touch to Coney Mall- like on Launch Pad's area add Americana Wheel from Geauga Lake (Keeping the name, of course) and turning the closed food stand next to it into something along the lines of "American Tradition", which would feature American foods- hamburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, ect.

Heres my question to everyone who voted "Sweet!". Besides hating the Racer, as in -SHOX- case, why? If you want to ride forward, ride the forward racing side, (which usually has a shorter line anyways.)

I see CF point of view, the cheap cost in insurance, but beyond that, bad, bad move. Maybe if they will paint it red, white, and blue again, I might be able to turn my head the other way on this.

I got a word on this last month I wasnt too happy then and I'm not happy about it now in the words of my friend ashley

Cedar Fair keeps :censored: up everything that was great at the park.First it was the stupid lame a$$ name changes now this crap.
:cussing: Edited by Coaster_King

Its coming from the KD management? Hmm...

Fine by me. I just wish that they would tear it down all together!

OMG! :o ARE YOU INSANE! The Racer is a classic coaster it was designed by John Allen that man is a true legend! Tear it down..dude..That's so wrong!!!

Oops, that's why I'm not an English major... :doh:

It kindve makes me mad because the very back seat of recaR IMO is the best airtime seat in the park. This move would only be good IMO if they actually race the trains every cycle just like they did back when it first opened

Agreed. I, too, honestly thought that this seat was great for airtime. And I loved the experience of watching the tracks fly past you going backward...

But I really believe they will bring some Gemini influence to Racer and have the trains race as much as possible.

Edited by DiSab

But I really believe they will bring some Gemini influence to Racer and have the trains race as much as possible.

I hope you're right. The only thing I see them doing is keeping one side closed most of the time. I'd rather it be the way you've planned it!

I don't see how making both of the trains run forward is going to make anything any better. I don't really see what the big payoff is!!! Can somebody please explain this madness because my mind is being totally BLOWN! I thought that I was going to go insane after they got rid of the Flying Eagles but now they want to destroy the wonderful uniqueness of the Racers purely for the purpose of what? Just to say they did? Exactly WHAT is their purpose????? Is it because they want to try something new? Like putting BOTH cars forward? OMG! To be honest, the Racers are SOOOO bumpy now that I don't even really ride it unless I ride the backwards train because it is enough different that it is worth it! I have great admiration and respect for the O'l Girl, but lets face it (no pun intended). By putting both trains forward, I believe that the ride attendence will take a serious blow. This is IMO, a very bad mistake if they really decide to go ahead with this. I am also not very happy about it in case it wasn't obvious. :censored: :pissed:

Still Kids,Teens & Adults loved it the way it was ... Backwards.... I'm really tired of Cedar screwing with KI they may own the park but still somethings are better left untouched.

Edited by Coaster_King

I wont get used to it and haven't I know paramount won't be back I'm sick & tired of seeing lame calls being made like I said before somethings are better left alone also I think that huge debt will catch up to them sooner or later at least I hope so!

It's been quite awhile since I've posted here but I'm sad that there will be no more backwards. That was the only way I would ride it - back seat all the way! Loved watching the track go by in front of me.

That ride had been backwards since 1983. Why change it after all these years?

You guys got GL's Gerstlauers so I bet the Gersts are going on Racer. I wouldn't try riding those trains backwards.

a. It was 1982 when Racer South became recaR.

b. No Gerstlauer trains will be on Racer this year.

c. Note that Kings Dominion and Carowinds are making the same change on their racing coasters as well.

It has been confirmed at other former Paramount Parks and the Kings Island website no longer mentions backwards running trains on The Racer...which it did until recently. Now, why else would they change that?

Only for said reason--so they can use only one side of Racer most of the time.

This is really sad, too. Other than Bare Bones Nights, I've never been to KI and not been able to ride both sides of The Racer. I've NEVER seen it down. EVER! Unless you count a few minutes to wash off the train when someone couldn't control their urges. Seeing one side of the ride dark and empty will be a full blown catastrophe in my opinion.

Edited by dare-to-fly