Fire-Beast-OF FEAR

nick universe going down ?

Yes! Get a flash pass (whatever they call them). They are VERY cheap, and will save you a ton of time. Not at all expensive, unlike Six Flags...and you won't have to wait in line for rides or shows.

It's called the Q2Q and is a wireless device that holds a spot in line for you on several attractions and shows. It has VERY reasonable prices as well. Quick questino though that wasn't answered in the FAQs- can you be in line for several rides at once with it?

If you are referring to, in part, Dollywood, know she has only an interest in the park, along with Herschend, which owns Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, etc. Jane Cooper, once CEO of Paramount Parks, is now with Herschend. They are a great company.

So does she own part of it, manage it, or is she just the spokeswoman?

Really? The only sonic themed attraction I know of is small appearance in the family-themed ride "Toyland Tours" at the Alton Towers theme park in Staffordshire, UK.

I'm a HUGE Super Mario Bros. Fan so yeah that would rock for me I think Nick U will become Planet Snoopy.

Why is that sad, its another generation with their own cartoons. I am sure there are cartoons from the generation(s) before you that you are not familiar to you. If they had thought that was sad enough to keep parks from building HB areas, how would you have felt?

Yup kids of today have Spongebob Squarepants some kids know who the jetsons are most don't heck a lot of kids had no clue who speed racer was until that movie came to be.

Edited by ThrillKiller

I'd say none of the kids that are under 10 know any of those, 10-18 some probably know, and then above 18, most should've at least heard of it. I've actually seen some reruns of speed racer and all those other cartoons before on boomerang, and that's really why I know of them.

Kids are all different my kids love The Jetsons & Scooby Doo heck my 8 year nephew loves to watch the flintstones but like most kid he loves spongebob but he loves Scooby-Doo more so than the latter as long as he gets to ride SDATCH and get a hug from scooby he's a happy boy.

Just think of it this way Nick may cost the park more money to use those characters while they may get a break if they go with snoopy or Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network.

I agree..most kids who go to nick universe have never seen the jetsons or flintstones. But the kids have seen and watched the nickolodean characters so they will enjoy it quite more then the older shows and characters. :)

I love nick u and my kids love it but I'm still p*ssed they could have given us an awsome kick a$$ nick u but they just rethemed what we had and gave us a coster themed to avatar when we could have gotten a wild mouse coaster/dark ride themed to Spongebob Squarepants paramount went cheap on us they also got really lazy in some aspects that's my 2 cents.

I guess a little change to Nick Universe wouldn't be wildly unnecessary... I mean, I saw a person in an Arnold costume today, and since I used to be all about Nick, I know that show has been canceled since the later part of the 90's. Kids are getting to the place where they've never even heard of shows like "Hey Arnold!" or "Rugrats", so if Snoopy started showing up, it'd be one Cedar Fair change I'd be okay with.

I hate the shows that are made for kids now. Nickledeon is garbage now in my opinion. There is never anything good on there anymore. Sure, I'm 19...almost 20...but if they kept what was good then I would still watch it...no joke. I miss all of the old shows and cartoons they had on there. Rugrats, Doug, AHH! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid Of the Dark?, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Clarissa Explains It All, Double Dare, What Would You Do?...geez i can go on and on...those were great shows. I know they have channels now where you can still watch them but the point is...I hate what Nick has turned into. Nothing but CGI half a$$ed shows and stupid teen shows that arent even funny. They just slap stuff together. Its garbage.

Anyways...back to the point...I suppose if Nick U goes down, then hopefully it will be transformed into something just as amazing as it is now...worthy of holding onto that "Best Kids Area In the World" or whatever its called.

Anyways...back to the point...I suppose if Nick U goes down, then hopefully it will be transformed into something just as amazing as it is now...worthy of holding onto that "Best Kids Area In the World" or whatever its called.

Really, the competition is between Peanuts vs. Nick vs. Hanna-Barbera. I think the kids area will continue to change for decades. Because quite simply, cartoons get outdated. The truth is, a lot of kids just don't know who Snoopy is. And the classics like the Jetsons and Smurfs are only plausible ideas for a kids area when put into the context of a brand new remake movie, which is absolute crap. Nickelodeon is the most marketable idea simply because it's on a television 24/7.

If parents want kids to watch The Jetson's or Yogi, it requires an expensive additional television channel and trying to convince their kids to watch it. And let's face it, turn on Nickelodeon and all you see is little boys and girls with superpowers who defeat bad guys. Yogi is a lot more... simple. It's not action packed, and unfortunately, that's what kid's want. The problem with this is, it leaves Kings Island with a Nickelodeon, action-packed area where everything becomes dated really quickly. "Scooby Zoom" was a timeless name. Personally, it was my first coaster. But "Little Bill's Giggle Coaster"? The show "Little Bill" isn't even on anymore, and just like that, after two years of naming, it already needs an update. Which means in the 2009 season, it will be named after whatever Nick show is popular that year and, inevitably, it will need renamed a couple years later.

Shows like Scooby and the Jetsons lasted countless seasons. These new Nick shows are planned and designed to only last a few years, grabbing a kids attention, getting some sugar-packed, purposefully-weakly-animated, slap-stick, 2000 miles a second jokes in and then it's over. And suddenly, it's forgotten. So while a classic coaster like the "Beastie" is now the Fairly Odd Coaster, that's going to have to change in the next couple of years to match the newest Nick show. Then it'll change again.

So your choice are Hanna-Barbera (from which kids are dissociating since it's maddeningly "plain" and "old fashioned"), Nick (who's shows are almost disposable in their longevity, and thus quickly replaced) and Peanuts (which many kids simply don't know of today unless they frequent Cedar Point. There is no Peanuts TV show, no big action movie, etc.). No matter what is chosen, it's just difficult to keep up. Kid's minds change constantly, and kids' ideals reflect our constantly (and more rapidly than ever) changing world. A good fourth of Nickelodeon Universe's rides are named after shows that already are over & more often then not, aren't even shown in reruns anymore since the channel is so jam-packed with new ones.

Ultimately, Cedar Fair will chose the most cost-efficient thing. It's what they've always done and what they will always do. That means bare-minimum changes & bare-minimum licenses. Most likely, all of their parks will house Nickelodeon kids areas or all of their parks with house Snoopy kids areas once they decide which to drop. Snoopy's been with the company for years, but Nick proves to be a "current" and "updated" look at what kids are in to. Only time will tell what happens.

I miss all of the old shows and cartoons they had on there. Rugrats, Doug, AHH! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid Of the Dark?, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Wild and Crazy Kids, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Clarissa Explains It All, Double Dare, What Would You Do?..

And since we're all in a comparable age group to remember these shows, be honest... Can't you totally see a Hey Arnold dark ride down into the sewers with the sewer king and through the neighborhoods and into PS-118. And a "Legends of the Hidden Temple" stage show with real audience participators doing the challenges? And like, a "Doug" movie in the FX Cinema? Ahhh. Classic Nick or Classic Hanna-Barbera is the way to go if they want to please our age group! Hahah.

Really, the competition is between Peanuts vs. Nick vs. Hanna-Barbera. I think the kids area will continue to change for decades. Because quite simply, cartoons get outdated. The truth is, a lot of kids just don't know who Snoopy is. And the classics like the Jetsons and Smurfs are only plausible ideas for a kids area when put into the context of a brand new remake movie, which is absolute crap. Nickelodeon is the most marketable idea simply because it's on a television 24/7.

If parents want kids to watch The Jetson's or Yogi, it requires an expensive additional television channel and trying to convince their kids to watch it. And let's face it, turn on Nickelodeon and all you see is little boys and girls with superpowers who defeat bad guys. Yogi is a lot more... simple. It's not action packed, and unfortunately, that's what kid's want. The problem with this is, it leaves Kings Island with a Nickelodeon, action-packed area where everything becomes dated really quickly. "Scooby Zoom" was a timeless name. Personally, it was my first coaster. But "Little Bill's Giggle Coaster"? The show "Little Bill" isn't even on anymore, and just like that, after two years of naming, it already needs an update. Which means in the 2009 season, it will be named after whatever Nick show is popular that year and, inevitably, it will need renamed a couple years later.

Shows like Scooby and the Jetsons lasted countless seasons. These new Nick shows are planned and designed to only last a few years, grabbing a kids attention, getting some sugar-packed, purposefully-weakly-animated, slap-stick, 2000 miles a second jokes in and then it's over. And suddenly, it's forgotten. So while a classic coaster like the "Beastie" is now the Fairly Odd Coaster, that's going to have to change in the next couple of years to match the newest Nick show. Then it'll change again.

So your choice are Hanna-Barbera (from which kids are dissociating since it's maddeningly "plain" and "old fashioned"), Nick (who's shows are almost disposable in their longevity, and thus quickly replaced) and Peanuts (which many kids simply don't know of today unless they frequent Cedar Point. There is no Peanuts TV show, no big action movie, etc.). No matter what is chosen, it's just difficult to keep up. Kid's minds change constantly, and kids' ideals reflect our constantly (and more rapidly than ever) changing world. A good fourth of Nickelodeon Universe's rides are named after shows that already are over & more often then not, aren't even shown in reruns anymore since the channel is so jam-packed with new ones.

Ultimately, Cedar Fair will chose the most cost-efficient thing. It's what they've always done and what they will always do. That means bare-minimum changes & bare-minimum licenses. Most likely, all of their parks will house Nickelodeon kids areas or all of their parks with house Snoopy kids areas once they decide which to drop. Snoopy's been with the company for years, but Nick proves to be a "current" and "updated" look at what kids are in to. Only time will tell what happens.

Sadly mistaken most kids do know and love snoopy & the peanuts gang Dude Scooby-Doo is very hot with the kids I know this because my 7 year old all he talks about is Scooby-Doo.Scooby has a new series coming and 2 brand new movies one of those is Scooby-Doo 3 BTW you forgot about Cartoon Network that's on 24/7 as well and is very action-packed with shows like Ben 10,Transformers etc. I get sick of hearing Nick is 1# blah blah blah on these forums yeah kids watch Nick but they also watch Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. CN is also current and up to date as a matter of fact head over to ToonZone.net and you see CN & Disney Channel have beat Nick in the ratings for 2-15 year-olds for may sweeps! They also have beat Nick for the last 6 months!Cartoon network airs movies and scooby-doo movies during the day just turn on Cartoon Network during the day & you'll see movies like Scooby-Doo,Various Snoopy & The Peanuts Movies,Casper, The Jetsons Movie etc.Also in the Fall Cartoon Network is getting all new shows like Casper's Scare School,Batman Brave & The Bold,Star Wars:Clone Wars...I'm just saying Cartoon Network is also very marketable they change just as much as Nick does.

If Kings Island gets a Planet Snoopy or Peanuts Playground I welcome it with Open Arms besides I highly doubt CF would get rid of Nick completely I'm sure we will still see Spongebob Squarepants & Patrick Star,Dora & Diego greeting guests on International Street.

While The Peanuts Gang are Timeless!

sCh_snoopy.gif

sCh_woodstock.gif

sCh_linus.gif

sCh_charliebrown.gif

Yeah Cartoons get outdated but some are timeless like Scooby-Doo,Bugs Bunny,Mickey Mouse you get my point.

My Favorite was Rocko's Modern Life.