Fire-Beast-OF FEAR

nick universe going down ?

If your question is why isn't Nick Universe going away, it is licensed separately from Viacom, and has three more years to go on its license....unless the license is renewed, it will go at the end of the term. Otherwise, it stays as long as Cedar Fair wants to keep it.

Doesn't really matter as long as the general idea of theming and the rides stay the same.

i can see it now avatar becomes the red barren ((snoopy sits on the ride unit))

i wonder what becomes of scooby cause they change that ride around every ten years or so

"They" did change the ride where Scooby now is every ten years or so. They are gone. There is a new they in town. What was done in the past is no indicator of what will be done in the future. Virtually the entire management, top to bottom, is gone. Again, there is a new they in town. For good or ill....at least, for now. By the time it would be time to redo Scooby, there may be yet another new they in town.

"They" did change the ride where Scooby now is every ten years or so. They are gone. There is a new they in town. What was done in the past is no indicator of what will be done in the future. Virtually the entire management, top to bottom, is gone. Again, there is a new they in town. For good or ill....at least, for now. By the time it would be time to redo Scooby, there may be yet another new they in town.

This guys opinion...bring back the Smurfs. If they had made an agreement late last year they could have pushed it as marketing for the movie coming out this fall. Who didn't love the boats and Gargamel and all that crap? That ride was the shiznit.

In three years The Smurfs may be mainstream again I mean the movie got delayed to 2010 and the new Smurfs 3D CGI tv series got delayed to 2011 so maybe we will see the smurfs again at the park who knows.

Did you know that Kings Island creative team behind the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage ment for the the ride to be themed to Gargamel's Castle?! My boss told me that tidbit when I worked at the racer 3 years ago.

Dude, I love Snoopy & The Peanuts Gang I grew up loving snoopy and charlie brown that's a great idea really a good idea but of course I do love scooby-doo & the haunted castle that's the 1# ride my kids aim for when we go to KI that's their favorite ride at KI they adore Scooby-Doo.

Bring back Hanna Barbara Land. If Ceder Fair really wants to recreate what KI was then this needs to be done. Also bring back the Skyride and other oldies.

See, you've got it all wrong, CF wants you to feel like you were walking through the park when it was just KI. They want to create that atmosphere, not change everything back to what it was like when it opened. I know after I post this someone will bring up the Racer. Well, the Racer now has the atmosphere of head to head racing back, igniting the flame between Red vs. Blue. So, stop asking for the park to change everything back! The park will grow, and change over time.

See, you've got it all wrong, CF wants you to feel like you were walking through the park when it was just KI. They want to create that atmosphere, not change everything back to what it was like when it opened. I know after I post this someone will bring up the Racer. Well, the Racer now has the atmosphere of head to head racing back, igniting the flame between Red vs. Blue. So, stop asking for the park to change everything back! The park will grow, and change over time.

i completely agree..there is a reason why the rides they took out were taken out. even though they took out some of my favorite rides also, i highly doubt we will see them in the future.

Well your right kjkjkj I know this summer if they haven't already CF will add to that atmosphere by bringing out those classic Hanna-Barbera Chracters such as Yogi Bear,Fred Flintstone & Dino,Barney Rubble,George Jetson & Astro they will be greeting guests on international street.

Last year I got a hug from Dino!

Edited by Coaster_King

All I know is it'll be hard for kids to accept it if Nick Universe is suddenly changed one year. Kids are very observant and their innocent minds can't handle such rapid change of their favorite T.V. characters. As much as I'd like to see the hanna-barbara back or enchanted voyage, they have to cater to today's kids, not us. Those old cartoons are more obsolte nowadays.

^

I never really thought about that. I think that my son would probably be pretty bummed if Dora, Diego, etc. were not walking around. I can't imagine why CF would want to rebrand the number one-rated kids area. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Why did Paramount Parks want to rebrand it, it wasn't broken. Little kids still know who Scooby-Doo!, and the others are. I know because I work with a bunch of kids.

Edited by RollerNut

Kids are all different my kids love The Jetsons & Scooby Doo heck my 8 year nephew loves to watch the flintstones but like most kid he loves spongebob but he loves Scooby-Doo more so than the latter as long as he gets to ride SDATCH and get a hug from scooby he's a happy boy.

Just think of it this way Nick may cost the park more money to use those characters while they may get a break if they go with snoopy or Hanna-Barbera/Cartoon Network.

Why did Paramount Parks want to rebrand it, it wasn't broken. Little kids still know who Scooby-Doo!, and the others are. I know because I work with a bunch of kids.

Paramount wanted to rebrand it for a simple reason. Nickelodeon is a related company in the Viacom family. Why pay someone else for the rights to HB when they can promote their own brand with Nick?

I personally hope there is another 'they' in town in the near future.

If you are referring to, in part, Dollywood, know she has only an interest in the park, along with Herschend, which owns Silver Dollar City, Celebration City, etc. Jane Cooper, once CEO of Paramount Parks, is now with Herschend. They are a great company.