Sign in to follow this  
dare-to-fly

Interesting Signs

I was in the area around the park and was taking some of the back roads posted in other places. The most interesting thing that we found that you all may be interested to know (for those that don't already) was located behind Great Wolf Lodge. We were back up behind the lodge looking at Top Gun to see any signs of potential paint--none--and noticed something very interesting....

Well, what do ya know. There was a sign just inside the gates that are located back there by the Kings Island Greenhouse that very clearly said "Construction Traffic" and had an arrow pointing toward SoB. And what...might I inquire...would they be constructing if the 09 coaster is just a rumor and there is nothing coming for 08????? Interesting!

By the way, if you look in JUST the right place, the lift hills for The Beast can be spotted through the trees at this time of year from the bike trail at Fosters' Park if you go up on the bluff trail! We were extatic!

I wonder if it's a leftover sign from Firehawk's construction, I saw something similar back there last February or so. I haven't been back there since, so I don't know.

If it's a new sign, that could be interesting...

Well, in that case maybe it's just an every year thing for little odd construction projects. Who knows?

Question. Could this back road be in any way considered tresspassing? I mentioned this same post on the KICentral forum and everyone there proceeded to throw a fit and argue for three pages over whether I was tresspassing or not.

I should mention for a disclaimer. In no way did I go over, under, through or in any way devalue any fence or gate or defy any posted sign. In my opinion, there is nothing unethical.

... I know exactly where you are speaking of, and considering you can access it through the great wolf parking lot and there are no trespassing signs nor a locked gate, i would have to assume you werent in any violation, as ive been back there before this off season and no one tried to arrest me.

I wouldnt put much stock in what all those other yahoos were saying, they werent there, you were. You know what you saw - relax. Although id hate to see some little fansite summoned to court lol... i had to laugh when i read that.

Back before Great Wolf main construction started, there was a gate there. Now, there's a public road back to the back Kings Mills road there, so it's a little hazy. I honestly don't know where the actual boundary is now.

... I know exactly where you are speaking of, and considering you can access it through the great wolf parking lot and there are no trespassing signs nor a locked gate, i would have to assume you werent in any violation, as ive been back there before this off season and no one tried to arrest me.

I wouldnt put much stock in what all those other yahoos were saying, they werent there, you were. You know what you saw - relax. Although id hate to see some little fansite summoned to court lol... i had to laugh when i read that.

Glad to see you trolling elsewhere! :) Good to have you here.

trolling....

and what exactly is that supposed to mean?

The three billy goats has cross over the bridge and you're the troll and you stop them and say... "Who goes there?" said you. "Baaa Baaa Baaa (*translation: We just checkin' the signs at Kings Island*)" said the elder goat.

LOL... sorry it has been a long day and had to say it... :D