Sign in to follow this  
TOPGUN1993

What are your most memorable moments at KI?

Gonna show my age here. :)

-- Camping at the local camp ground right next to the park. (Jelly Stone Park I believe was the name and it was where the Great Wolf Lodge is now)

-- Getting hugs and pictures with the Hanna Barbera characters

-- Riding the "living TV" ride to get cool because it was air conditioned

-- Riding the Scooby Doo coaster (Fairly Odd coster now)

-- Looking for our camp site from the top of the Eiffel Tower

Edited by TRALMIX

First getting to ride the bat 8 times, second riding the Beast with no brakes ( man what a rush) 4 times. 2 in the morning with the late Ruth Voss, and later that week night ride with a football team at closing. Let's just say I all you need is 10 feet of the second lift hill. Too give you a prescective you go past the second e vac stairs. Last riding many of the coaster at a event with weird Al.

So you know how there are people dressed up as monsters or such walking around the park during HHaunt? Well this last season, I was there with some friends. One of them turned around, thought it was a monster, and he screamed. It was really just an older lady carrying a pizza box. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol^^

Heres a few of mine

-- First ride on FireHawk

-- First ride on Eiffel Tower

-- Last year, my friend spilt slushie down his shirt after he rode SoB because he was so dizzy!

Memorable moments Id like to see in the future

-- First ride on new hyper

-- Racer being torn down or burnt to the ground

Yes, I really do hate the Racer that much

The last ride I had on the Tumble Bug with my Mother at Coney Island.

The last ride I had on the Bavarian Beetle with my girl (now wife) at Coney Island.

Opening day At Kings Island in 1972

The first ride I had on the Tumble Bug with my Mother at Kings Island.

The first ride I had on the Bavarian Beetle with my girl (now wife) at Kings Island.

Going up in the Eiffel Tower this past year, and thanking the lord for the wonderful memories.

Ahh...the good times.

I can remember when I drank one of their famous $6.00 32oz Cokes right before I got on the Racers. Frontwards AND Backwards and it made me have to pee so bad I about went right in the ride.

When a buddy of mine was scared to get on Drop Zone and I made him, and he freaked out when they let someone off (because of the harnesses coming unlocked), and then he lost his sandal and had to walk around barefoot until we finally found a pair of flip-flops in one of the shops.

When I got on Vortex (one of, 7 or 8 times I got on it that night) my harness didn't lock all the way (I guess for the size adjustment) and I was very loose in the seat and was scared to death thinking I'm going to plummet into the trees below.

Uhh...the first time I rode Face/Off and we sat across from two little girls, and we screamed more than they did.

The feeling after we left of soreness all over my body...and increased bladder strength. XD It was great! That was prob the best visit ever!

There are a lot of memories...

My Grandpa tricking me to go on the Beast. I was scared as hell and he promised he would tell me a funny joke if I went on it with him. It is still one of my favorite coasters.....and he never told me the joke. :lol:

Getting the nerve up to go on the Vortex for the first time. It was my first looping coaster and as a kid that thing looked monstrous!

Finally getting to ride King Cobra after 5 years of being too short to ride.

Eating La Rosas every time for lunch...I can't wait for this summer!

My Aunt pretending to be scared on the "drop" of the Smurf Ride.

Riding the Beast when it had no seat dividers and the original lap bars.

Getting to ride the Beastie 12 times in a row with my cousin without having to get back in line.

As a kid, playing in the section of Hanna Barbara land that had hanging punching bags, net climb, and a slide. I have no idea what this was called and no one has pics of it, but I loved it back in the day.

I could go on and on....good times, great memories! :D

My most memorable moments at KI....

When I was in middle school, my family and the kids were allow to bring one friend. My sister brough her friend who was exchange student from France. My other sister brought her friend. I brought my friend. We all went to Kings Island and we can get to be on our own. We were suppose to meet back at the Effiel tower like at 2:00. Then all the kids, me too, met at the Effiel Tower at 2:00 but we were following Ohio time since back the days Indiana was still on "no-daylight saving time" and we were all confused but we waited for 1/2 hour and there they are... then we went back to do our own thing. I went on my first coaster which was Adventure Express. I was horrified at the spears coming out and saw the skull and i thought i was about to be one of them. Then toward the end of the Adventure Express... I saw the Drummer, i thought i was going to heaven. It was my turn. It was the lames horrify experience for me. Then my friend, David, want to go on King Corbra... I chicken out and told him i would wait. So i waited waited and waited for over 2 hours so finally i went to try to look for him and look for my family and i rode on few rides while I was looking for them. Found my uncle at the gate trying to look for me. Anyway... to the point... Now I look back and I laugh at my "fearful" moments and how much I dread the instense rides but I love it now.

Another one, where I got the guts to go on the "Big Boys" was the day after High School Prom in 2000. My prom date, her friend, and I went to Kings Island and they push me to go on the Beast so I was like sure. It was fun then and still fun now! Then we went on vortex... I will never forget the awesome feeling from the first drop. I want to feel that again. It was purely a stomach pushing against the gravity. It was heaven for me. That's when I was jumping all over for more crazy and instense rides!

Now I touch Kings Island twice last year and I am looking forward to go back again on April 20th! I need to lose my winter weight that I gain. Eek. I should be okay thou by April 20th. :-)

My friend and I had been riding rides all day on a SUPER HOT day last summer, and we decided to go and ride Adventure Express a couple times. Just as we got up to get in the train, my friend said she thought she was going to be sick and we had to walk through and leave to sit down on a bench. She was feeling sick from the heat, but I think all the people thought we got too scared to ride. LOL

I also saw a deer last summer about 2 feet from my face, while sitting on the right-hand seat of the front car of the Beast. It looked into my soul, it was that close. haha

Edited by branvan