Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

2008 Kings Island Operating Calendar Now Available

Kings Island has released the operating calendar for the 2008 season on their official site. Check out VisitKingsIsland.com now to see the schedule! Highlights are as follows:

• Opening day is Sunday, April 20. There is a private event on the 19th
  • The park is open from 10AM-10PM every Friday and Saturday in May
  • Halloween Haunt begins Friday, September 26th. 7PM-1AM
  • Saturday Halloween Haunt hours are 7PM-1AM
  • Regular Saturday operation during Haunt will be 11AM-6PM
  • Halloween Haunt will run through Saturday, November 1
  • The last day of the season will be Sunday, November 2
  • The schedule for Boomerang Bay has not yet been released

If you're not already a member of the KIExtreme.com Forums, you can register by clicking HERE! Registration is easy and free and allows you to fully participate in the community, including our Member Lounge off-topic forum.

To visit our History Photo Gallery and check out our recent update featuring The Bat, please use the following links: Circa 1981 Photos, Official Press Kit. While you're there, you can view a variety of Kings Island historical photos, postcards, park guides, and also the remnants of past attractions that still exist today.

I will visit during the spring/summer I didnt go to Halloween Haunt last year I may check it out I just wish they would bring Winterfest back I enjoyed that more than the halloween events.I CANT wait for my first ride on The Beast.

It'll be nice that the last weekend of operation for 2008 will actually be on my weekend off this year, since it's the first weekend in November. I figured they would do that.

Im going for a record breaking amount of visits this year.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!! (Even though I live a little more than an hour and a half away.)

Shouldn't be hard to beat my previous record of 17.

Edited by dare-to-fly

Update

Boomerang Bays schedule has been released.

Boomerang Bay is open May 24 – August 17 from 11am to 7pm; August 18 – 22 from Noon to 6pm, and August 30 – September 1 from 11am to 7pm.

Looks like the bay will close early this year.

Edited by pkiboy

Seems a little strange to close Boomerang Bay early, but I'm sure there is a reason.

As for the park, I'm looking forward to the Fridays in May...I smell some walk-ons! And closing day being in November is a very welcome surprize for me!

I hope to make a few visit to Kings Island this year along with visit to Coney Island, Wonderpark, and Stricker Grove.

I understand that Stricker groves is open on 2 days out 364 days. That's just crazy but I am sure they have some reason for that. I might do like one hour for both Coney Island and Stricker Grove and 15 minutes at Wonderland and then the rest with the big boys/girls @ Kings Island.

I hope to make a few visit to Kings Island this year along with visit to Coney Island, Wonderpark, and Stricker Grove.

I understand that Stricker groves is open on 2 days out 364 days. That's just crazy but I am sure they have some reason for that. I might do like one hour for both Coney Island and Stricker Grove and 15 minutes at Wonderland and then the rest with the big boys/girls @ Kings Island.

Stricker's Grove has been opening three days a year for a while now. Fourth of July, Family Day (2nd Sunday in August) and Customer Appreciation Day (2nd Sunday in October). Hope you get the chance, as it's a great park.

Stricker's Grove has been opening three days a year for a while now. Fourth of July, Family Day (2nd Sunday in August) and Customer Appreciation Day (2nd Sunday in October). Hope you get the chance, as it's a great park.

There is a third day? Wow! Thanks for telling me about the October... In October is a time I can definite go! I am not sure about July 4th or 2nd Sunday but thanks!

On the calendar it said that it was closed for private event on one day.....

I remember a few years back, Me and my family went up to Kings Island....Then we get to the gate and they said it's a private event for some business company.......

also we drove by car all the way from Florida!!!

jk I live 20 minuets away ;)

Edited by calakapepe