Sign in to follow this  
THE_BEASTmaster

Carowinds ride names changed

Its a pretty good name, just not creative at all. Between western themed rides, red coasters, and rides with "hawk" in the name, CF really should try something else for their rides

http://www1.cedarfair.com/carowinds/attrac...ail.cfm?ai_id=3

They didn't get very far to completely eliminating the name from the website.

So... if Cedar Fair keeps the same scheme going...

Drop Zone - Drop Zone

IJ:ST - Backlot Stunt Track (Or something....)

TR:TR - The Crypt

Is that all that we know? I'm glad that DZ hasn't changed... yet.

I really like the Nighthawk name, and I don't really care about all the "-hawk" names. Hell, at least CF isn't pulling a Six Flags and slapping the exact same names on completely different rides. ;)

Edited by DiSab

True, but I don't think either CF or PP does/did it to the magnitude SF does. I count 6 "Vipers" (although one is at Darien Lake), 6 "Goliaths" (one is at Walibi World, formerly SF Belgium, and one other is a "Goliath Jr."), etc. And don't get me started on all the Batman incarnations and tie-ins. :rolleyes:

But I do get your point. ;)

The name is not bad at all...

Nighthawk aka BORG Assimilator is all black and green which make sense... it is a flying coaster so it gotta go with flying name... Black hawk would be another possibility since it is mostly running during the day but this is what CF pick. Black Robin or Dark Eagle... Pitch Black or something doesn't fit in with the ride...

I now wonder what they will do with the BORG decoration... convert it into a giant hawk egg? :lol:

so when will Kings island rides names will be changed? I hope soon, we now what IJ, and TR, and TG, are going to be called. What is Face Off goin to be called?

Edited by Rollerzach

Blackhawk would work. When the ride is closed, they can just say "Black Hawk Down". B) And that's not a Paramount movie, so bonus!

:lol: !!!

Great, now were definitely going to see a Blackhawk and a Warhawk in the future. Don't give CF any more ideas! :rolleyes:

But wait- there's more! Order now, and you'll get Thunderhawk as an added bonus!

Now California's Great America has changed their Top Gun to (drum roll please)........ Flight Deck! :insane: :hysterical:

Here's the link: http://www2.cedarfair.com/greatamerica/att...ory.cfm?ac_id=2

I hope Canada's Wonderland and Our's don't get that name too. We need some originality, but I think it'll happen sadly enough.

Edited by THE_BEASTmaster