Sign in to follow this  
timww

New Park in Dayton

So they would build a theme park between CP and Kings Island??? That doesn't seem like a good business plan to me. There have to be other markets out there without amusement parks that they could try this.

So they would build a theme park between CP and Kings Island??? That doesn't seem like a good business plan to me. There have to be other markets out there without amusement parks that they could try this.

Well the article says it would be a year-round theme park, which most likely means that it would be indoors. And that would point to it not being very big, and thus not a huge competitor to KI and CP.

Also, if people are going through Theme Park Syndrome in the winter because KI and CP arent open, they can simply take a trip there! :lol:

I don't really think they're talking about a theme park ala CP or KI. I think they mean a themed park that focuses on air force stuff and will include an indoor park kinda like Mall of America that will focus on virtual "rides" like simulators, IMAX theaters, and various exhibits....not rollercoasters and flat rides.

But FWIW, I've seen great plans come and go - including a plan for a lookout tower over 1000' high in Newport, Kentucky. So we'll have to wait and see if that 73-story hotel pans out, not to mention the rest of the project.

The tower itself is not really a hotel, because there aren't hotel rooms at the top. It's a free-standing tower located adjacent to the hotel portion of the site.

Edited by secondson