Sign in to follow this  
thebeast1979

Has anyone ever seen all 3 flight of fear trains in operation?

Kumba at Busch Gardens in Tampa has 4 trains, however only 3 can be safely used at one time. The 4th train is used while another train is being serviced. I am sure this was the case when FOF had 4 trains back in the day. however I do not know why they eliminated two and only use two. Parts maybe?

Edited by Sheikra_rocks

My guess would be the weight with the LIMs, but thats just my guess.

I've never really paid attention to the train numbers, so I'm not sure if I seen all three run, but I doubt it.

It was my understanding that FoF never had 6 car trains. It always had 5 car trains. Unless it briefly had 6 car trains during it's testing stages, and never opened with 6 car trains.

I have also seen them run all 3 trains at once, but not since they got the lap bars installed though.

They used to do the same thing on SOB rotate the 3rd train around each year.

4 trains with 6 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 24 riders per train.

Riders must be 54" or taller to ride.

The Flight of Fear originally had over the shoulder restraints. For the 2001 season, the over the shoulder restraints were replaced with lap bar restraints.

It isn't quite clear how many of the original trains were converted to lap bar only restraints. The Flight of Fear originally had four trains with six cars each. Today only two of these trains seem to ever operate simultaneously with only five cars each. Some rumors indicate the sixth car may return in the future.

The Above was taken from RCDB.com

When Flight of Fear ran two trains, it was actually kind of interesting and integral to the theme. The 3rd train would be parked just out of view in the tunnel to your left from the load side of the station. The train on the platform would launch to a very theatrical display. There would be fog coming out of the tunnel as well as strobes, and the whole station would dim as the train launched to make it look like it sucked power out. Immediately following the launch, the 3rd train would roll onto the platform empty. It gave the impression that they people were launched into oblivion and never came back.

The line moves pretty quickly with just two trains, could you imagine if they actually ran all 4 trains at once?

Another thing about FOF that I am upset about. The lights in the hanger don't go out anymore. This takes some away from the theming.

The line moves pretty quickly with just two trains, could you imagine if they actually ran all 4 trains at once?

Another thing about FOF that I am upset about. The lights in the hanger don't go out anymore. This takes some away from the theming.

Flight of Fear has 3 trains, not 4. One was removed when shoulder bars were converted into labbars.