Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Explore Kings Island's History With 1974 Photographs!

1974: Kings Island's third season. Some of you may have been there during this era, but most of you are probably limited to exploring it through images, which is what we're bringing you today!

These 32 slides, contributed by standbyme, explore almost every area of Kings Island during the 1974 season. From the festive Oktoberfest area to the animals of Lion Country Safari, this update offers a trip back in time to the early days of the park.

To visit our History Photo Gallery and check out these photos, please click HERE! While you're there, you can view a variety of Kings Island historical photos, postcards, park guides, and also the remnants of past attractions that still exist today.

If you're not already a member of the KIExtreme.com Forums, you can register by clicking HERE! Registration is easy and free and allows you to fully participate in the community.

Photos of Dead Awakening and Torture Chamber are now online! To see KIExtreme's photo coverage of Halloween Haunt 2007, please click HERE! We have also added two new videos that showcase Halloween Haunt. To see the videos, click HERE!

And don't forget, Kings Island 2008 season passes are on sale! If you purchase your pass by November 11, you get free parking for 2008 and a free Cedar Fair VIP jacket. Click HERE for more information. Because of supply issues with the new jackets, pickup of them has been extended. The season pass center will be open 10-4 every day through November 16.

And I am really in the mood to take "then and now"s right now... like International Street, Rivertown Pizza, the entrance, ect. It's really amazing how much it's changed...

And another question, Kafe Kilimanjaro is Action Zone Stunt Grill today, correct?

And thank you standbyme!

Awsome pictures! 1974 when yogi bear & the flintstone were kings! :P I remember kenton cove I loved that flume! ...The Dead Awaking pictures are cool also I never knew it featured a scantily clad young woman!