Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Flying Eagles Return?

Well this isn't something I was expecting to see...

http://www.flyeraddicts.com/

Look down on the right side of the page, and they have this:

Flyers returning to Kings Island? -- Posted by faa-admin on October 12, 2007 07:53 PM

Two flying scooter tubs were seen in the parking lot of kings island on October 12th! Could the eagles be making a return to the park in 2008? We'll have pictures. Start the rumor mill!

They then have this photo:

flyertubskingsisland101vu2.jpg

Oh, I hope this is true. I doubt this was one of KI's originals since the ride was moved to another park. And who's to say when this picture was truly taken? Now on a more optimistic note, my next question: Did GL have scooters? If so, this may be from them.

It's a real picture but scooters are not coming to kings island.

So what ARE they doing there...? That would be Awesome!!! If they came.!

if this is the best that CF can do then i don't like them....i never really liked the flying eagles.whether or not it could've stayed in the same spot during IJST's construction........this is pretty lame if this is true imo

Remember that we just got Firehawk this year - the first full year of CF operations, who can complain about that? Second of all, they have a large amount of debt to contend with, meaning not every park will get a huge expansion every year, especially just two years after the sale.

I myself am not a huge fan of CF either; there are at least two other companies I would have rather seen purchase KI. But so far I don't think CF has done too badly. We should be glad KI was bought by an amusement park operator and not something like a residential developer, 'cause then there wouldn't be a park at all!

Lastly, even though a set of flying scooters would not be a huge, awesome, new attraction, it would still be worth it in my opinion. Do you remember how families used to flock to that ride? It was one of the few attractions in Coney Mall that didn't have a large height restriction, and kids loved it. Also, wouldn't a set of scooters be better than no new ride, (which is what seems to be the most likely story at this point).

Coney needs some good classic flat rides again! What if they put the Scooters in the Eurobungee spot, using the old FC que line. That would be a really cool view of the ride from the midway, because it would be up on a raised platform.

The first time I visited KI was in the mid 90's. I was 14 or 15. They had the Scooters back then. It was where the Happy Days Diner is now. So to answer the question about IJ:ST construction. No it wouldn't be effected.

I didn't get to ride them (to busy on the coasters), but now I wish I had.

I really want the Screechin' Eagle from Americana to be saved. I wish CF would purchace the coaster an build it in KI.

umm...Flying Eagles were NOT where Happy Days is. They were where that new basketball game is ( can't remember the name, I never really paid attention to it).

if this is the best that CF can do then i don't like them....i never really liked the flying eagles.whether or not it could've stayed in the same spot during IJST's construction........this is pretty lame if this is true imo

SACRELIDGE!!!!!

SACRELIDGE!!!!!

what does scarelidge mean???

sacrilege

noun

blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character

But as Interpreter said, it was blasphemous to verbally desecrate the sacredness of the Eagles. :rolleyes:

This rumor has been debunked. Those Flyer tubs were privately owned, and were parked in the lot while the people transporting them went to Haunt.

BUSTED! Somewhat an inside joke, we took that picture and posted it while we were transporting 2 tubs to a private collector in Cincinatti. After parking in the trailer lot, we had cars circling us and taking pictures. We wanted to beat them to the net :)

The tubs came from Fun Spot, who replaced them with the fiberglass tubs from Lesourdesville (Americana).

Anyway, thanks to those who have checked out our new site at www.flyeraddicts.com today. We're still working on hard on researching the history and tracking down complete info on the over 100 parks that we found to have evidence of Flying Scooters over the years.

So, sadly, the Flyers are not returning to KI in 2008, but we've still got nearby tubs at Stricker's Grove, Indiana Beach, Fun Spot, Camden Park and (if the bankruptcy court approves) Beech Bend.

Again, please let me know if you have pictures or other information you'd like to contribute to flyer addicts.

Thanks

Flyer Addict Chris